• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles out tomorrow!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    The Great Ace Attorney: Adventures and its sequel, The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve releases worldwide on July 27, 2021! You can pick it up for PC, PlayStation 4, and Switch. Previously only released in Japan, The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles puts these two prequel games together in a localized bundle for Western fans.

The Great Ace Attorney games are uniquely set during Japan's Meiji Era, and while the star of the show is (obviously) not going to be our beloved Phoenix Wright, we'll be following the adventures of his ancestor Ryunosuke Naruhodo and his assistant Susato Mikotoba, as they work together with Detective Herlock Sholmes and Iris Wilson to solve crimes in Victorian-era England.

For long-time fans of the franchise, or perhaps even newcomers alike, will you be picking up your bundle this week? Since these prequels are set so far back in time, aside from maybe some vague references to the older games (chronologically set in the future), I can actually see this as a viable, albeit unorthodox, starting point for people who have been curious about the series but never got into it. It brings back all the mechanics of previous games and will give you a feel for what the rest of the games are like!

So whether you are starting the game tomorrow, or still on the fence about it but want to talk about The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, let us know your thoughts and opinions on the games here!

And obligatory: as these are such plot-heavy games, please do be mindful of spoilers and use
    Spoiler:
    tags when discussing the plot, thank you!

Years
  • I'm really excited to play this, but w h y does it have to come out on the same day as NEO: The World Ends With You? :( Definitely going to have to play later since TWEWY is #1 on my to-play list for release but aaaaaa

Years
  • I'M SO READY! I preordered a physical copy a few weeks ago from GameStop, and took off half of tomorrow to play. I'm so excited for Herlock lmao

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I am also super excited for this and will be buying it from PSN later in the day tomorrow after I pick up my pre-order for TWEWY2 (NEO: The World Ends With You)

Because I want to show support for it to get Capcom to do more ports/games. Will that be something they do? Personally... I doubt it. 😒

Years
  • I am also super excited for this and will be buying it from PSN later in the day tomorrow after I pick up my pre-order for TWEWY2 (NEO: The World Ends With You)

Because I want to show support for it to get Capcom to do more ports/games. Will that be something they do? Personally... I doubt it. 😒

You doubt it even though stuff like this has happened? I think a lot of franchises etc. are having their older popular titles around enough now that they can ride the wave of nostalgia and capitalise on it hard. If anything I think MORE will be happening in the near future.

Bay

Years
  • So I admit to having a slight disdain towards GAA for a little bit in the past. Back in 2016 when the Ace Attorney twitter account announced that Spirit of Justice getting localized, most of the comments was like "Why no Great Ace Attorney getting localized" and made me almost not want the games to be localized out of spite. I then watched a youtube playthrough of the first game, with translated closed captions, and I quite enjoyed it! Not sure if I'll get it immediately as I had one large purchase of something else recently, but hopefully soon!

Years
  • okay I'm in Trial, Part 3 of Case 3, and I have a few thoughts
    • wow this game is REALLY fun!!! i'm definitely enjoying myself!
    • I love all of the protagonists. Kazuma, Ryu, Susato, and Herlock are magnificent!
    • the music is magnificent!
    • Herlock is the best character
    • Not the hugest fan of Ryu's OBJECTION but it's growing on me.
    • Loving Barok von Ziek.
    This game has definitely captured my attention, and makes me excited to see how each case goes. I hope there's a third game :pleading_face:

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Bought the collection as soon as I realized it'd already come out. Finished the game yesterday, and I'm currently feeling the same feeling I had when I finished the original AA trilogy: fulfilled, but kinda sad that it's all over. I do think GAAC is quite a few steps up above the original trilogy when it comes to quality however, especially in terms of gameplay, story, and art direction (seriously, I love the character designs in this game).

Years
  • I honestly am still surprised we got an official localization of these. I feel Capcom only did it due to the fan translation(s) of these games, and saw people in the USA and worldwide DID want to play these. Also, the Sherlock Holmes issue...but they found a funny way to get around it.

I plan to pick up my PC or Switch sometime!

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    I've been waiting for this to get localised since it first came out years ago. Now I'm just waiting for a good sale to pick it up, the reviews look really good.

Years
  • oh by the way I finished the game last week! Wow, these two are probably two of my favorite games in the franchise now. They were both SO good. Having finished the second game, I'm not sure where a third game would occur, but I would still purchase it in a heartbeat.

Years
  • So fat this is way better than I ever thought. Thanks a lot to the fan translation I played just 1-1 and a bit of 1-2 of before stopping haha. I am so in love with this game, and really do think it is better than I had suspected. Letting Shu Takumi actually do his thing proved to be successful, and sure do hope he can come back for the next Ace Attorney game/games. I am only at 1-4 at the moment.

Back