• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Nuzlocke Challenge

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years

Forum Name: L'Belle
Version: White 2 (Yes, again)
Single Challenge
Extra Rules:
Spoiler:

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
AND... I am already here to mention that I failed. Cheren's patrat kept using work up before I could beat him, and he wiped my team, consisting of Tepig, Purrloin, Pidove and Azurill.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 31, 2022
I never announced I was doing this, but I wanted some record before I deleted the save. I played through Pokemon X mostly blind as a nuzlocke, and I only lost three pokemon through the whole playthrough. My team beating the Elite Four was:

450.gif

Tommy Boy
Lv. 75 (holding Soft Sand)
Rock Tomb
Earthquake
Crunch
Yawn

671.gif

Merryweather
Lv. 75 (holding Rocky Helmet)
Petal Blizzard
Magical Leaf
Moonblast
Dazzling Gleam

699.gif

Aurora
Lv. 74 (holding Amulet Coin)
Ice Beam
Ancient Power
Thunderbolt
Hyper Beam

441.gif

Paulie
Lv. 74
Hyper Voice
Fly
Synchronoise
Chatter

675.gif

Jackie Cham
Lv. 76 (holding Black Belt)
Crunch
Low Sweep
Bulldoze
Hammer Arm

655_delphox_by_3d_poke_sprites-d8hlasg.gif

Vixen
Lv. 75 (holding Expert Belt)
Blast Burn
Flamethrower
Psychic
Psyshock

I lost my only flyer, Quacklin', soon after I caught Paulie, and I was pleasantly surprised by how well he did in the long run. I never once caught an electric-type, and Aurora took up that hole after I lost my Simisage, Broly. And finally, I lost my gift Blastoise, Crush, on the way to the Elite Four. I needed him for Surf and forgot he was 15 levels behind everyone else. Three losses for the entire game is a pretty good run, I'd say, though Broly was definitely the hardest to replace. Either way, I beat the Pokemon X nuzlocke challenge.

I figure, since I've done 2.5 of these already, I'll take on the ultimate challenge. I'll update on my Fire Red and Soul Silver runs in another post.

Fire Red 8/8, Soul Silver 8/16, Alpha Sapphire 0/8, Platinum 0/8, White 0/8, X 8/8, Sun 0/4

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 31, 2022
I've got 9 out of 16 badges in my Soul Silver nuzlocke. I lost my Slowpoke to Bugsy's Scyther, my Golbat to a Gengar, and my Nidoking to Lance, and so far, that's all the deaths I've had. My team is:

445.gif

Sekhmet
Lv. 50

121.gif

Cronus
Lv. 52

157.gif

Vulcan
Lv. 52

461.gif

Ahriman
Lv. 53

227.gif

Thor
Lv. 53

181.gif

Kaha'i
Lv. 53

I've beaten the first round of the Elite Four and got a badge in Kanto. I've been slacking off on this game, but I'll finish it eventually.

Fire Red 8/8, Soul Silver 9/16, Alpha Sapphire 0/8, Platinum 0/8, White 0/8, X 8/8, Sun 0/4

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 31, 2022
And here's my final team from my Fire Red nuzlocke.

082.gif

Megatron
Lv. 65
Lock-On
Tri Attack
Thunder
Spark

059.gif

Malka
Lv. 65
Flamethrower
Dig
Bite
Extremespeed

149.gif

Rhaegal
Lv. 64
Ice Beam
Outrage
Fly
Thunderbolt

087.gif

Naga
Lv. 66
Surf
Ice Beam
Take Down
Signal Beam

031.gif

Victoria
Lv. 64
Earthquake
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Superpower

103.gif

Eggatha
Lv. 64
Solarbeam
Hyper Beam
Confusion
Sludge Bomb

This run was surprisingly easy, especially after knowing how awesome Nidoqueen is from my earlier ground monotype. I edited my Soul Silver game to have this team as the final challenge on Mt. Silver as well, so I have that to look forward to at the end of that nuzlocke challenge.

Fire Red 8/8, Soul Silver 9/16, Alpha Sapphire 0/8, Platinum 0/8, White 0/8, X 8/8, Sun 0/4

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 31, 2022
I just realized I posted results without actually signing up for this challenge. :P Here's my official sign-up sheet.

Username: keishajay
Version: Fire Red, Soul Silver, Alpha Sapphire, Platinum, White, X, Sun
Single/Ultimate?: Ultimate

I've already completed Fire Red and X, and I'm about halfway through Soul Silver. I posted completed teams for the first two and an update for the last one. I'm adding the nickname and no duplicates rules to all my playthroughs, and I edited Soul Silver to give Red my final team from my Fire Red playthrough. I just bought Alpha Sapphire, and I plan on starting that nuzlocke once the game arrives.

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years

UPDATE...lol
Spoiler:

In Storage
Cyndaquil
Darumaka
Magikarp
Doduo
Combusken
Unown
Heracross
Spoiler:

Final Update
Spoiler:

In Storage
Magikarp
Combusken
Unown
Mantyke

Spoiler:

D box
Spoiler:

D box2
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 31, 2022
I just got Alpha Sapphire delivered today, and I started my nuzlocke with some interesting results. I'm using the nicknaming and no doubles rules in this run as well as the standard rules. My team so far is:

263.gif

Rigby
Lv. 9

261.gif

Shenzi
Lv. 10

268.gif

Madama
Lv. 8

276.gif

Kevin
Lv. 9

258.gif

Krillin
Lv. 11

I didn't catch anything in Petalburg Woods, because my first encounter was a Silcoon. I'd just gotten Cascoon, and I don't want another bug clogging up my team. I never use them for long anyway. My interesting result is Shenzi, who came knowing Fire Fang which is weird and awesome. No badges yet, but I'm on my way.

Years
UPDATE MOON
Spoiler:

TEAM
Spoiler:

BOX
Spoiler:

GRAVEYARD
Spoiler:

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
It feels like forever since I posted about my run in here, but for the past month when I've been home I've been dedicating my time to the Nuzlocke competition over at r/communitylocke2017 (I came in second, btw), and when I'm not at home I rotate between all of my physical cartridge runs. Plus I'm only posting once after each island. But anyway, I digress:

Pokemon Moon Nuzlocke - Third Update

Infosheet (Catchlist, Current team, Honored dead): Click here

Z-Crystals collected: 11
Grand Trials completed: 3

Saved right at the dock on Poni Island, ready to continue.

Nothing too dramatic to report for this leg. No new deaths since my team is sickeningly solid, couldn't ask for better. I swear, my Bastiodon is the very definition of an immovable object, she's such a good pivot pokemon to put out front. One thing is that the level gap from using the EXP share is becoming quite a bit evident, since my highest is Lv. 50 already when Lusamine's team was all around 41. But meh, it's not against the rules from what I can tell.

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Wow just realized I haven't updated in quite a while... Lol here's the next 5 episodes.

Episode 20: These Ruins Are Stupid!
Spoiler:
Episode 21: We're Locked Up!
Spoiler:
Episode 22: We Could've Caught Those!
Spoiler:
Episode 23: We Bustin' Out!
Spoiler:
Episode 24: Explosion, The Episode!
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 31, 2022
I've been cruising through Alpha Sapphire and started a Platinum nuzlocke as well. I've got 6 badges in AS now and just finished the Mt. Pyre bit with Team Aqua. I lost Kevin as a Swellow, because I didn't realize discharge would attack her too. She, so far, has been my only death. My team is:

357.gif

Plantaina
Lv. 41

295.gif

Wanda
Lv. 44

262.gif

Shenzi
Lv. 44

310.gif

Faster
Lv. 45

324.gif

Mr. Rogers
Lv. 45

260.gif

Krillin
Lv. 46

I started Platinum as well, and I've got the first badge already. My team right now is:

404.png

Sarabi
Lv. 18

054.png

Darkwing
Lv. 18

077.png

Anyta
Lv. 18

397.png

Orion
Lv. 18

400.png

Dagget
Lv. 15

394.png

Memphis
Lv. 19

Fire Red 8/8, Soul Silver 9/16, Alpha Sapphire 6/8, Platinum 1/8, White 0/8, X 8/8, Sun 0/4

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Oh sorry I didn't know, when I next play I'll remove them so can it still count to my ultimate run then?
Unfortunately not, you had already been using them and I need to enforce the rules when they are broken.
However, since this will now count as rule-free, you can continue to use them.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Here I go on my Sun playthrough. I adjusted the capture rule to separate "event" pokemon and regular walking encounters. Basically, I can catch only the first pokemon that comes at me, i.e. flying, fishing, from tree, etc., and the first walking encounter just like normal. So far, it hasn't really made much difference in what I catch. I also added the species clause to keep things interesting.

I had my sister pick numbers at random to choose my trainer and my starter. She chose #9, giving me Popplio. I caught a Pikipek on Route 1 and a Wingull in the Hau'oli Outskirts before taking on Hau at the festival. His Pichu nearly killed my Pikipek, but I beat him pretty easily. After Hau, I caught a Meowth at the Trainer's School and lost my Wingull to one of the students' Grimer. Meowth proved his worth against the teacher and has the ability Pickup, so yay! I actually managed to catch an Abra in the Shopping District and beat Ilima with my Pikipek. I caught a Smeargle and a Rattata on Route 2, a Zubat in Verdant Cave, and a Spearow and a Rufflet on Route 3. I caught Oricorio in Melemele Meadow. I beat Totem Gumshoos easily with Pikipek's Brick Break and am on my way around to fight Hala.

My team is:

627.gif

Vegeta
Lv. 13

brionne_by_alolan_sprites-dat6xan.gif

Bailey
Lv. 19

alolan_meowth_by_alolan_sprites-dat6zez.gif

Sneaks
Lv. 17

064.gif

Copperfield