• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Nuzlocke Challenge

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    Pokemon Sun Update #2

So, I was really worried about Hala after the trouble I had with him last time, but Copperfield swept his first two pokemon without even taking a hit. I let Dancer take the last one just to get some variety. He was unbelievably easy.

My team has gone through some changes since Hala, and here it is now.

rockruff_by_alolan_sprites-dat71bo.gif

Pebbles
    Lv. 18

627.gif

Vegeta
    Lv. 18

alolan_meowth_by_alolan_sprites-dat6zez.gif

Sneaks
    Lv. 21

064.gif

Copperfield
    Lv. 21

brionne_by_alolan_sprites-dat6xan.gif

Bailey
    Lv. 23

Egg

I'm on Akala heading towards my water trial now. The egg was a gift from the Breeders in Paniola. I'm not sure if it's illegal or not, and I'll probably drop it off in my PC anyway.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    Pokemon Sun Update #3

I'm on my way to the fire trial now. I caught a Fomantis on Route 5, which helped with Totem Wishiwashi. I did have to resort to using my Brionne to finish it off though, after it nearly killed my Fomantis. It took forever for a Grubbin to show up on Route 6, but it was the only thing I didn't have on that route. I seriously had two Eevees pop up before that Grubbin did. :| My team now is:

grubbin_by_alolan_sprites-dat6z0x.gif

Vikka
    Lv. 17

627.gif

Vegeta
    Lv. 23

fomantis_by_alolan_sprites-dat72iv.gif

Harlequin
    Lv. 23

rockruff_by_alolan_sprites-dat71bo.gif

Pebbles
    Lv. 24

064.gif

Copperfield
    Lv. 25

brionne_by_alolan_sprites-dat6xan.gif

Bailey
    Lv. 27

Also, I evolved my Spearow so I could eliminate Fearow from the pool and then promptly lost it to an Oricorio's critical hit.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    I also have a quick update on Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. I beat the psychic gym with ease thanks to Mightyena and Exploud, and I'm working my way through the Sea Cavern to finish off Team Aqua. My current team is:

357.gif

Plantaina
    Lv. 47

310.gif

Faster
    Lv. 49

262.gif

Shenzi
    Lv. 49

324.gif

Mr. Rogers
    Lv. 49

295.gif

Wanda
    Lv. 50

260.gif

Krillin
    Lv. 51

SirDolan

Relicanth ❤
    Years
  • Signing in for a challenge. Updates will probably be slow, apologies in advance.

Username: SirDolan
    Version: Omega Ruby
    Single/Ultimate: Single

Additional Rules:
    • You must nickname all of your Pokemon.
    • A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
    • No Duplicate Captures (Only applies if said Pokemon is alive).

Update!
    I have obtained my starter!

Rhododendron the Treecko
    Male|Relaxed|Overgrow|Lv. 5
    Pound
    Leer
    Absorb

I'm going to make a post solely for updates now. Well. Maybe not now. Maybe later. When I'm not tired.

Last edited:

purplecicada

Distortion Wyrm
    Years
    • Age 26
    • She/Her
    • Brexit
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Okay so I've been attempting FireRed nuzlockes with the Universal Randomiser. Basically I'm having terrible RNG luck. I don't know if the Randomiser is allowed, but I'm doing it just for fun. Anyways, I was screen sharing my messes with SirDolan, and basically she's watched me fail over and over because the starters I'm getting are basically getting one-shot by my rival's. Pls help me I want to cry. ;_;

SirDolan

Relicanth ❤
    Years
  • Omega Ruby Nuzlocke

Spoiler: 21/04/2017 Updates
    Update #1

Activity:
    -Defeated Brendon
    -Encountered and captured a wild Zigzagoon at Route 103 (renamed to "Hellebore")
    -Encountered and captured a wild Seedot at Route 102 (renamed to "Polianthus")
    -Encountered and captured a wild Wurmple at Route 104 (renamed to "Erysimum")

Update#2

Activity:
    -Erysimum evolved into Cascoon
    -Encountered and captured a Shroomish in Petalburg Wood (renamed to "Lupin")
    -Lost Erysimum in a wild Pokémon battle. RIP.

Spoiler: 22/04/2017 Updates
    Update #1

Activity:
    -Encountered and battled first Magma Grunt
    -Encountered and captured a wild Skitty at Route 116 (renamed to "Sundiasca")
    -Lost Lupin in a trainer battle. RIP.
    -Encountered and captured a wild Whismur in Rusturf Tunnel (renamed to "Lavender")

CURRENT PARTY

treecko.gif

Rhododendron the Treecko
    Male|Relaxed|Overgrow|Lv. 12
    Pound
    Leer
    Absorb
    Quick Attack

zigzagoon.gif

Hellebore the Zigzagoon
    Female|Lonely|Gluttony|LV. 11
    Tackle
    Headbutt
    Tail Whip
    Sand Attack

seedot.gif

Polianthus the Seedot
    Male|Lonely|Chlorophyll|Lv. 11
    Bide
    Harden
    Growth

skitty.gif

Sundiasca the Skitty
    Male|Lax|Cute Charm|Lv. 11
    Tail Whip
    Tackle
    Attract
    Sing

whismur.gif

Lavender the Whismur
    Male|Modest|Soundproof|Lv. 10
    Pound
    Echoed Voice
    Astonish​

Pokémon obtained: 8
    Pokémon lost: 2

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Update

This is my last update before the Elite Four. I apparently have the worst luck with fliers, as I lost Plantina to an Ice Fang in the Sootopolis Gym. I replaced with a Golbat and worked far too long to get her up to a Crobat. Anyway, my Elite Four team going in is:

169.gif

Fembat
    Lv. 55

324.gif

Mr. Rogers
    Lv. 56

310.gif

Faster
    Lv. 56

262.gif

Shenzi
    Lv. 57

295.gif

Wanda
    Lv. 57

260.gif

Krillin
    Lv. 58

I'm heading in to the Elite Four now. Fingers crossed!

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Completion Update

I lost Mr. Rogers to Steven's Cradily. I'm not sure how. I thought I used a full restore, turned away for a second, and he was dead. Either way, I beat the Elite Four and Steven, and my nuzlocke is complete. Whoo!!! My final team was:

169.gif

Fembat
    Lv. 58
    X-Scissor
    Cross Poison
    Fly
    Steel Wing

310.gif

Faster
    Lv. 59
    Volt Switch
    Thunderbolt
    Bite
    Overheat

295.gif

Wanda
    Lv. 61
    Boomburst
    Rock Smash
    Rock Tomb
    Crunch

262.gif

Shenzi
    Lv. 61
    Fire Fang
    Strength
    Sucker Punch
    Crunch

260.gif

Krillin
    Lv. 62
    Waterfall
    Dive
    Surf
    Earthquake

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2017
    Username: smason15
    Version: Leaf Green, Soul Silver, Omega Ruby, Platinum, Black 2, X, Sun
    Single/Ultimate?: Ultimate!

I'm following the normal rules! No nicknaming though :)

Years
  • Skarper
    Pokemon Platinum
    Single
    Note:
    Spoiler:

Log #1:
    Chose a Chimchar, named him Fire Fist, for "Fire Fist" Ace. On route 202 I killed the first encounter (oops!), it was a Bidoof. On 201 I caught a Starly, named him Wrath II (I had a Starly named Wrath in my first attempt). Caught a Bidoof in Lake Verity. Made my way to Jubilife city.

Team:
    64px-BT390.png

Fire Fist lv8
    Moves:
    -Scratch
    -Leer
    -Ember

64px-BT396.png

Wrath II lv4
    Moves:
    -Tackle
    -Growl

64px-BT399.png

Alberta lv5
    Moves:
    -Tackle
    -Growl

Log #2:
    Met Looker in Jubilife City and gave the parcel to my rival, in return he gave me a spare town map. Caught a Magikarp on route 218 with the Old Rod, a Kricketot on route 204 and a Zubat inside Ravaged Path. Did some training and defeated my rival, killed my 205 encounter, it was a Shinx. Did some restructuring to my team since I had a huge weakness to electric, and boxed Zubatwoman and Alberta (the Bidoof).

Team:
    64px-BT390.png

Fire Fist lv10
    Moves:
    -Scratch
    -Leer
    -Ember
    -Taunt

64px-BT396.png

Wrath II lv11
    Moves:
    -Wing Attack
    -Growl
    -Tackle
    -Quick Attack

64px-BT401.png

Horacia lv7
    Moves:
    -Bide
    -Growl

64px-BT129.png

Ilda lv4
    Moves:
    -Splash

Log #3:
    Made my way through Oreburgh Gate, I think I forgot that I had an encounter so that's that. In route 207 I caught a Ponyta, and in the mine an Onix killed Ilda, and I had to run from it because I suddenly realize that my whole team was weak to Rock.
    I got Alberta, the bidoof, back to the team, grinded like hell and went to the gym. An evolved Horacia took care of the trainers with Rock Smash. Then Alberta destroyed Roark.

Team:
    64px-BT390.png

Fire Fist lv12
    Moves:
    -Scratch
    -Leer
    -Ember
    -Taunt

64px-BT396.png

Wrath II lv13
    Moves:
    -Wing Attack
    -Growl
    -Double Team
    -Quick Attack

64px-BT402.png

Horacia lv14
    Moves:
    -Fury Cutter
    -Growl
    -Leech Life
    -Rock Smash

64px-BT400.png

Alberta lv16
    Moves:
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    -Water Gun
    -Rollout

Last edited:
    Years
  • Skarper
    Pokemon Platinum
    Single

Log #4:
    Defeated team Galactic at Floaroma town and caught a Shellos at Valley Windworks.
    Went through Eterna Forest, caught a Ghastly. On route 205 caught a Budew and Bronzor on 211. Defeated Gardenia with not to much trouble with Fire Fist and Wrath. Then defeated the grunts inside the building and I'm grinding to level 24 to face their commander. Also got a Fossil underground, a Cranidos.

Team:
    64px-BT391.png

Fire Fist lv21
    Moves:
    -Mach Punch
    -Leer
    -Flame Wheel
    -Taunt

64px-BT397.png

Wrath II lv21
    Moves:
    -Wing Attack
    -Growl
    -Double Team
    -Quick Attack

64px-BT408.png

Tyranus lv20
    Moves:
    -Take Down
    -Pursuit
    -Focus Energy
    -Scary Face

64px-BT402.png

Horacia lv20
    Moves:
    -Fury Cutter
    -Cut
    -Sing
    -Rock Smash

64px-BT436.png

Steelbrain lv19
    Moves:
    -Extrasensory
    -Hypnosis
    -Imprison
    -Confuse Ray

64px-BT422.png

Laurinda Lv17
    Moves:
    -Mud Bomb
    -Hidden Power
    -Harden
    -Water Pulse

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • So while I very, very, very slowly make progress on White 2 (because reasons) and Y (because sheer laziness/I have other games to beat. Let's not forget the infamous track record of not doing that Gen 2 Furret solo), let's do a Sun Nuzlocke because why not? Well, actually, I have an actual reason and that's mostly just because I want to see how badly RNG screws me when I'm not recording. Let's just say my recent track record with nuzlockes has been an absolute trainwreck.

Username: BlissyMKW
    Version: Sun
    Single/Ultimate?: Single

Years
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 17, 2021
    Username: Youngster_Joey
    Game: Fire red, Heart gold, Emerald, Platinum, Black 2, Y, Moon
    Single/ultimate?: Ultimate.

I'll be using dupes clause.

I'm starting off with Platinum.

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • So, I have good news. I haven't lost the locke yet. Bad news, I've already gotten two mons killed.

Now, when it came to how the early routes work in Sun and Moon (because Route 1 is massive compared to every other game's first route), I decided to split up potential encounters into seperate sections if the game tells me it's a different portion of the route (like how there's Route 1 proper and then Hau'oli Outskirts is a thing). I'm saying that just to clarify why I have a certain team member.

Episode 1 - Welcome to Alola. Don't lose in three episodes.

So after the normal "let's start up the game and then get Nebby back in the bag" beginning, the time had come to choose a starter. I went with Popplio on my first playthrough, so I thought it was time to change it up and went with everyone's favorite Alolan starter, Rowlet. After getting my Goldeneye and destroying Hau's Popplio in moments flat with Leafage, we were on our way. Route 1 proper came around and I got myself the first addition to our squad, Samantha the Pikipek. Once she was all caught up with Goldeneye and I swept through the trainers on the route, I did some grinding due to being unsure of what level Hau's mons were going to be when I had to battle him again up in Iki Town again. Yeaaah, let's just say I overleveled a little bit and got the squad to Lv. 10.

Do we even need to explain what happened to Hau? Well, the short version is his Pichu got destroyed and his Popplio also got destroyed. It was a grand helping of pain for his team. Fun for me, but not for him. Now, Hau getting destroyed twice in one update aside, over in Hau'oli Outskirts after getting my annoying dex (I'm not a fan of Rotom blathering on every time I catch something), Arceus answered my prayers and didn't give me a Wingull for an encounter, but a Slowpoke. Master Derp has come to me for the first time outside of Stadium 2.

So after even more tutorial stuff, I got screwed for my Hau'oli City encounter. I got a Wingull, but at the time, my Electric weakness was bad enough with both Samantha and Master Derp, so I boxed Scarfed God the Wingull for now. In the event Master Derp dies somehow, his time in the sun will come. Speaking of Samantha, after the Team Skull eradication (even though it was one guy) and I faced Captain Illma, I was an idiot and didn't switch Samantha out after her defense was lowered and this man brought in his Smeargle. It had Tackle, and it killed Samantha. Her defense wasn't good in the first place, but I obviously underestimated Smeargle.

Onward to Route 2 where I would've easily gotten a Smeargle as my encounter and then likely screamed to the heavens, but luckily, Tabitha the Makuhita came on the offensive and attacked me before I could get an actual encounter in the grass. Anyway, after that, we got ourselves Hau'oli Cemetary, which is totally a new area, and the place where Lurker the Ghastly joined the squad. Of course, this screws me out of any encounter in a certain area on the third island due to dupes clause, but oh well. We'll see where this leads.

Speaking of leading, after more Team Skull cracking and grinding Tabitha up so he could destroy our first trial, we come to our first trial. Naturally, Normal types are no issue for Tabitha (except for the Hyper Fang flinch, Curse stalling the first Yungoos since it couldn't touch Lurker and then Drowzee gets destroyed once again), it was time for Totem Gumshoos. At first, it was a fine encounter...until they started using Leer on Tabitha. In my head, I thought "there's no way they can hurt Lurker, right?" so I switched in Lurker, then attempted to switch back to Tabitha, but it turns out the ally Yungoos have Pursuit. To be honest, going into this, I was already expecting ally mons to do something to throw everything out a window planning wise (Rock Blast Trumbeak, anyone?), but not this soon. I think we already know what happened. Lurker dropped like a rock and Tabitha cleaned up the mess.

On the sort of bright side, I got a Zubat as my encounter in Verdant Cavern. I don't feel very happy, though, because it's just a new Electric weak mon in the team. If she lives, then having a Crobat with the upgraded Leech Life would be nice.

Team Ruby

*insert Rowlet sprite here*
    Goldeneye (Rowlet) ? Lv. 16 @ Nothing
    Nature: Serious
    Ability: Overgrow
    Moves: Tackle, Razor Leaf, Astonish, Peck

079.gif

Master Derp (Slowpoke) ? Lv. 15 @ Nothing
    Nature: Naive
    Ability: Own Tempo
    Moves: Confusion, Yawn, Tackle, Water Gun

296.gif

Tabitha (Makuhita) ? Lv. 16 @ Nothing
    Nature: Impish
    Ability: Thick Fat
    Moves: Tackle, Force Palm, Fake Out, Brick Brick

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2022
    Username: AimLess
    Version: Fire Red, Soul Silver, Emerald, Platinum, White, Y, Sun
    Single/Ultimate?: Ultimate

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2023
    Pokemon Moon Nuzlocke - Fourth and FINAL Update

Spoiler: Video of Hall of Fame

Infosheet (Catchlist, Final Team, full Honored Dead list): Click here

Finally got around to finishing my Moon run! Two deaths right before the E4 ( :( ) resulted in me needing to grind two new members up from scratch, which was a real drain on me. Also as a result of this, in combination with me not thinking to turn of Exp Share, the rest of the team got fairly overleveled, making the E4 pretty painless. No more deaths!

Biggest thing I got out of this run is a profound respect for both Bastiodon and Ribombee. Heidi and Tuffee were definitely the cornerstones of my team throughout the majority of the game.

Honored Dead:
    tsareena.gif

Bouncee the Tsareena, Lv. ?-53: Got Counter?d by Hapu?s Mudsdale during the Grand Trial battle while the Mudsdale had like, 1 HP left :(
    toucannon.gif

kek the Toucannon, Lv. 3-55: Took Hau?s Inceneroar?s Inferno Overdrive from full health in the fight right before the E4 :(

Back