• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Winter 2022] Delibird's Postal Roulette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023

Delibird's Gift Roulette

7VZrxKJ.png

art used in official Pokémon merchandise

While Delibird and their team were preparing gifts for the end of the year, they noticed that due to some logistical errors they had a lot of surplus gifts this year!

In the interest of spreading joy and cheer, they're going to give the extra gifts away on Christmas morning! Thing is the gifts are already wrapped so no one knows what's inside them. Still, who doesn't like free stuff right? And if you want it to be a little less random, Iron Bundle got your back.

Just let them know by posting here! And while you're at it, let Delibird know what's on your wishlist! Maybe they can get an extra of that and add it to the pile.

The rules

• Post in this thread until December 24th 2022 (inclusive) saying one consumable item or one Pokemon line* you want.
  • On Christmas Day, a member of VPP staff will roll the gifts for the people that signed up, according to the table below.
  • If you want to stack the odds on your favor, you can pay 500 points to Iron Bundle to eliminate 3 slots from the table, or 1000 to eliminate 6 slots and so on.

* that isn't a legendary, mythical, ultra beast, event only or a g̶̨͈̩͊̃̒l̷̫͖̄̾̕ḯ̵͚̠̽̑ͅt̴̙̝͖̚c̶̺͙͋̓h̵͖̟̒̍̾

The table

Code:
=== Consumables ===
1. Gmax Candy
2. Exchange Token
3. Furfrou Styling Ticket
4. Alcremie Sweet

=== Stones ===
5. One of Absolite, Audinite, Beedrillite, Heracronite, Kangaskhanite, Lopunnite, Pidgeotite, Pinsirite
6. One of Ampharosite, Banettite, Manectite, Mawilite, Medichamite, Sablenite, Slowbronite
7. One of Abomasite, Alakazite, Altarianite, Cameruptite, Galladite, Gardevoirite, Glalitite, Houndoominite, Lucarionite, Sharpedonite
8. One of Aerodactylite, Aggronite, Gengarite, Gyaradosite, Scizorite, Steelixite
9. One of Blastoisinite, Blazikenite, Charizardite X or Y, Sceptilite, Swampertite, Venusaurite
10. One of Garchompite, Metagrossite, Salamencite, Tyranitarite

=== Pokemon ===
11. One of Delibird or Iron Bundle
12. One of Rolycoly, Carkol or Coalossal
13. One of Stantler or Wyrdeer
14. One of Charcadet, Armarouge or Ceruledge

=== Fossils (auto revived) & Item Pokemon ===
15. One of Omanyte, Omastar or Kabuto, Kabutops
16. Aerodactyl
17. One of Lileep, Cradily, Anorith or Armaldo
18. One of Shieldon, Bastiodon, Cranidos or Rampardos
19. Spiritomb
20. One of Tirtouga, Carracosta, Archen or Archeops
21. One of Tyrunt, Tyrantrum, Amaura or Aurorus
22. One of Dracozolt, Dracovish, Arctozolt or Arctovish

=== Wishlist Pokemon / Items ===
23. One of Nacli, Naclstack or Garganacl
24. One of Charcadet, Armarouge or Ceruledge
25. One of Stantler or Wyrdeer
26. Iron Valiant
27. Flutter Mane
28. Flutter Mane

And as a reminder, you can always refund items for points at the PokeMart if you don't want them.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
oo is this where i can finally try to get a Ceruledge? <3 I am not entirely sure I understand how this works, but I'll just say I'd like number 14? If I get a Charcadet though, can I never evolve it...? And if I want number 14, do I risk getting one of the other numbers on this whole table? I'm confused...

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
oo is this where i can finally try to get a Ceruledge? <3 I am not entirely sure I understand how this works, but I'll just say I'd like number 14? If I get a Charcadet though, can I never evolve it...? And if I want number 14, do I risk getting one of the other numbers on this whole table? I'm confused...

The Pokemon will be rolled randomly for you on Christmas day.

"the Pokemon you want" is to add another slot to the table. So you could, for example, add a different Pokemon so anybody could roll it, or add a Pokemon that's already there to stack the odds.

(You can also pay some points so you personally can't roll stuff you don't want)

That said with the Paldea launch that also happened today you can ask for Ceruledge in the Obtain Thread as soon as you finish your current VPP / get as Tag Team too!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
The Pokemon will be rolled randomly for you on Christmas day.

"the Pokemon you want" is to add another slot to the table. So you could, for example, add a different Pokemon so anybody could roll it, or add a Pokemon that's already there to stack the odds.

(You can also pay some points so you personally can't roll stuff you don't want)

That said with the Paldea launch that also happened today you can ask for Ceruledge in the Obtain Thread as soon as you finish your current VPP / get as Tag Team too!
ohh, thank you for clarifying! I might aim for it there then ^^

Years
I'd honestly be fine with any of the Pokemon, though I do already have almost all fully evolved Fossil mons.

But to pick one... I'll go with the Stantler/Wyrdeer line and see what happens methinks.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Wishes to participate in this.

Hm. Assumes about 30 lines total by the end. Is it worth paying 500 points to remove the 10% chance of low cost items? Probably not? Brings a 1 in 3 item chance down to 7/27 (26%). Results in a net loss for most of that 26%, then. (Does not need extra Mega Stones.)

Next question: Tera Orb or Pokemon? Would you pay 1200 points for a Pokemon? ...No? What else are you spending points on, though? Gigantamax Candies in January. Costs (33 * 250) + 1200 = 9450 points maximum. Will probably do fewer than that. Redeems another Mega challenge whenever. Pokemon, then.

Which Pokemon? Not a starter or something already on there. Maybe a Paradox Pokemon? Views Iron Valiant pretty highly.

Add Iron Valiant to the list. Chooses not to pay points to rig the slots.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
Last call to gamble get free stuff ~

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
Here we roll

9. One of Blastoisinite, Blazikenite, Charizardite X or Y, Sceptilite, Swampertite, Venusaurite

I'd honestly be fine with any of the Pokemon, though I do already have almost all fully evolved Fossil mons.

But to pick one... I'll go with the Stantler/Wyrdeer line and see what happens methinks.

27. Flutter Mane

Wishes to participate in this.

Hm. Assumes about 30 lines total by the end. Is it worth paying 500 points to remove the 10% chance of low cost items? Probably not? Brings a 1 in 3 item chance down to 7/27 (26%). Results in a net loss for most of that 26%, then. (Does not need extra Mega Stones.)

Next question: Tera Orb or Pokemon? Would you pay 1200 points for a Pokemon? ...No? What else are you spending points on, though? Gigantamax Candies in January. Costs (33 * 250) + 1200 = 9450 points maximum. Will probably do fewer than that. Redeems another Mega challenge whenever. Pokemon, then.

Which Pokemon? Not a starter or something already on there. Maybe a Paradox Pokemon? Views Iron Valiant pretty highly.

Add Iron Valiant to the list. Chooses not to pay points to rig the slots.

19. Spiritomb

Flutter Mane, please! :D

11. One of Delibird or Iron Bundle

I'd like to order one Flutter Mane to go too please 😅

18. One of Shieldon, Bastiodon, Cranidos or Rampardos

And of course, my roll:

3. Furfrou Styling Ticket

Thanks everyone for participating. As a reminder, if you got an item and don't want it, you can refund it for points on the Mart.

If you got a Pokemon and don't want it, check the DCC out and see if anyone wants to trade it!

Delibird isn't taking requests anymore, but the pile of gifts still remains.

If you didn't get a roll, you have until Jan 1st 2023 to get one, although you won't be able to add new slots.

(You can still pay to remove them though)

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
Event ends in a little more than 24 h, so get your free stuff while you still have the chance if you haven't already

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
Thanks everybody for participating, both in the event and in our little community this past year.

I hope you all had a great Holiday Season and that you all have a lovely 2023.

With this, I'll be closing the thread and the event now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back