• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Protection Move?

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
  • There are various types of protection moves in Pokémon games. Some of these moves merely protect you from damage and nothing else (such as Protect), some protect you from certain types of moves (such as Wide Guard and Crafty Shield) and some will protect the user and can also have an effect on the opponent (such as Baneful Bunker).

Which protection move is your favourite? I would say King's Shield is my favourite due to how convenient it is with Aegislash in general as it can let Aegislash change its stance. I do also like Protect as a second favourite due to the much wider range of Pokémon that can learn it as opposed to most of the other protection moves that are exclusive to one Pokémon or only available to a small amount of Pokémon.

Years
  • During Gen VI I really enjoyed using Gliscor with Protect+Toxic. It wasn't the best strategy, but I loved it. But my favourite are Baneful Bunker, because (as you probably noticed) I love poison strategies. King's Shield is close second and Spiky Shield is the third.

As for my least favourite, it must be Mat Block. I never find use for it neither in normal or competitive gaming.

Years
  • King's Shield. \o/ such a useful move, and it's so satisfying seeing it successfully work when i'm watching people play randomizer challenges on youtube! otherwise protect, since it can actually be learned by more than one mon lol

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    King's Shield, because I love Aegislash and it's one of my favorite gen 6 pokemon.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I dunno. Maybe things that do more than just protect you, like Baneful bunker and Needle guard?

Back