• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite intro in the Pokemon anime?

Which saga had the best theme songs?

• Kanto + Orange Islands

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Johto Saga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hoenn + Battle Frontier Saga

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Sinnoh Saga

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Unova Saga

• Kalos Saga

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Alola Saga

• Other (Pokemon Origins, Chronicles, etc)

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 26, 2018
as the title says, whats your favorite intro? there's been so many cool intros in the series over the years, and i'd like to see which ones your favorite. In my opinion the first one was the best.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I really liked the first Japanese intro, to be honest. When I found it as a kid, I couldn't stop listening to it. It's still kinda catchy.

There should be video links:

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Original series was great but I have to admit that Getta Ban Ban for XY was pretty darn good. If we're going purely from an English dub perspective.... again Original series or Season 1 is up there. However the new rendition for XY(Season 17) takes the English Dub prize for me.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
The german version of "gotta catch 'em all"

Other than that

Polish dub of Galactic battles?!

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
I personally enjoy listening to all of the (English) pokemon intros, I like them all and pracitcally memorized most of them.

However these are the few that are at the top of my list:
(English) Battle frontier intro and The first XY intro (Original remix)

(Japanese) Getta Ban Ban and the Pokemon XYZ Opening 1

I will mention though, that I have not heard all of the Japanese openings. i have noticed that all of the english intros are like 3 times shorter than the japanese.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Battle Cry, Standup has me singing every single episode, and Unbeatable does, too. The first theme song is also pretty good, as well. These are probably my top three Pokemon theme songs.

Everything after Battle Cry, Stand up! Felt bland to me and low quality...

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Which Saga had the best theme songs?

Every saga in the Pokemon anime has their own set of theme songs. In the English version, most of the time, each new saga has a different person singing the theme songs.

I know the Japanese version sometimes has the characters singing the op, but I don't follow Japanese Pokemon anime...

Anyway, which saga do you think had the best theme songs?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Every saga in the Pokemon anime has their own set of theme songs. In the English version, most of the time, each new saga has a different person singing the theme songs.

I know the Japanese version sometimes has the characters singing the op, but I don't follow Japanese Pokemon anime...

Anyway, which saga do you think had the best theme songs?

This is honestly... an extremely difficult choice. Sinnoh had two solid ones for Season 11 and 12 in English. Johto had a couple good ones and even AG had one or two that stick in your head. Then there's the classic Kanto one that started it all but I think the crown goes to Kalos. Be it English or Japanese, the series had the best openings. Of English and Japanese though, Japanese is just superior: Getta Ban Ban, Volt and this gem...

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
All of them are extremely cringey and childish.

The very first one is least of those, simply because of how iconic it now is.

The rest sound like they belong on Kidz Bop or something...

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
All of them are extremely cringey and childish.

The very first one is least of those, simply because of how iconic it now is.

The rest sound like they belong on Kidz Bop or something...

You do know the target audience is kids right? So calling the songs "childish" merely implies(to me anyway), that they did a decent job. I still stand by my Kalos pick though, although the Kanto opening is indeed iconic.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
You do know the target audience is kids right? So calling the songs "childish" merely implies(to me anyway), that they did a decent job. I still stand by my Kalos pick though, although the Kanto opening is indeed iconic.

Which is why I find it kinda baffling adults are asking which one is best. :/
Like it's real music.

leafeonsaura

Toothless
Years
We're doing opinions right?
IMO The XYZ had the best opening theme- English and Japanese alike.
I loved the song, and the animation.
But that's just me.

THOUGH the "Gotta Catch 'em All" theme has a special place in my heart.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Ugh. Yes, we get it, they're for kids. But not all of them are "cringey" or whatever. =/ Pokémon is for kids, we get it. That doesn't make adult's opinions of the theme songs invalid.

-------------------

Anyway, in my opinion, every series, except Unova, had really earwormy, catchy theme songs. But Hoenn and Kalos honestly had the best mix. Sinnoh had some interesting ones that got completely stuck in my head as a kid, but some were kind of lackluster.

Kanto's is iconic! The Japanese one is kind of weird, but "Pokémon, getto daze" always got to me...

Years
Hoenn & Sinnoh both had incredible themes.

Hoenn had such exciting, upbeat themes that set the mood for the series and as a child, really hyped me up. Sinnoh, on the other hand, has slightly more mellow themes but they seem to focus more on friendship as opposed to being the best trainer in the world. However, they were still just as fantastic.

Here are my two all-time favourite Hoenn and Sinnoh themes:

"Unbeatable" is honestly unbeatable. It's such an exciting theme that preludes an enthralling battle.

"We Will Be Heroes" makes my eyes water. Oh, the nostalgia. This was the theme that played when I used to watch pokemon at my grandparents house. There are two versions of it, both being beautiful.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Merging this with the existing thread from late June. Check the thread list for recent similar threads before making a new topic :)

Back