• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: [Hack of the Year 2017] - Pokémon Orange (GBC) [Suloku Patch] (Fin)

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2023
    Ah! Decided to just replay the whole thing for the Shamouti Islands event beta! The song made me emotional as heck bc childhood memories.

Absolutely solid event, really enjoyed it!

One graphical glitch I did notice though (and sorry if its been reported before), when you defeat a pokemon and get to change to a different one, if you switch out to a pokemon that's used a pinkan berry it shows the pokemon you're switching from having the pinkan pallete whilst it runs the switch out!

Last edited:

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • One graphical glitch I did notice though (and sorry if its been reported before), when you defeat a pokemon and get to change to a different one, if you switch out to a pokemon that's used a pinkan berry it shows the pokemon you're switching from having the pinkan pallete whilst it runs the switch out!

Vanilla bug, the same will happen if you were to switch from a shiny pokemon to a regular one in GSC. Not sure how to fix :(

I've updated the patches with several bug fixes, it should not conflict with your old save file if you started a new one for Movie 2000, but make a backup just in case.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Finally got around to playing this. Absolutely loved it.
    I greatly admire Gen II hacks, not just because I love the GBC aesthetic but also because I respect the hard work that goes into hacking Gen II games.
    The setting in this hack was amazing. I do a lot of hiking and island trips in my personal life (I live in Asia) and the environments all gave me warm memories of exploring remote jungles and beaches a few hours off the coast. I was impressed at the level of variety you were able to incorporate into the level design-- islands, beaches, jungles, caves, even underwater.
    The Dex choices were perfect too. Due to the variety of different typings, I was able to beat the game with just four mons (not including HM slaves Krabby and Poliwhirl):
    MGMfH3G.png
    UHG3ksl.png
    vqPMTj5.png
    vlPmywH.png

Just these four guys give you full coverage, and I just stumbled upon each one naturally. That's awesome.

If I had any constructive criticism I guess it would be that the game is a bit on the easy side. I have a strict no-grinding policy and I always forgo ExpShare/All, and yet I still wound up clearing house with just these four mons. I gave Raichu the lucky egg and before I knew it he had ballooned into this overleveled juggernaut that no one could survive or outspeed. I assume the game may have been designed with Nuzlockers in mind.

With that said, the low difficulty curve still made for a chill gaming experience, which I think fits in well with the tropical setting. :)

All in all I just wanted to convey my appreciation for this wonderful hack. Hack of year? More like hack of the decade! Keep it up! 😁

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2022
    I was wondering if someone could give me a hand... I've just gotten hm02 in MORO ISLAND and I am absolutely clueless about what to do next. I've looked everywhere and there are no leads, only dead ends. Have I missed whirlpool anywhere? Because that seems to be the only way going forward from here... Or is there anything else? Really feels like I've searched the entire map and nothing... I'd love to continue because this rom hack is amazing.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    Has this game been updated? the last time In played it, It was only half completed.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Has this game been updated? the last time In played it, It was only half completed.

It has been updated. The rest depends on what do you mean by complete. Main game is apparently complete, post-game is still under development.

Years
    • Seen today
    unknown.png

Finished the main game and absolutely loved it. I loved the variety of mons from all generations and greatly enjoyed the shorter nature of the main game that still felt really eventful and enjoyable the whole way through. I already started exploring the Shamouti and the tilesets are a work of art there! Big thank you to the devs for this hack.

Years
    • Seen today
    What's the deal with the name change? And why R.I.P. Grape version?
    Sorry I'm not up to date on the lore lmao :p

The site that hosted Grape Version wanted its author to remove it from site. I assume it has something to do with Nintendo...

Don't know about the name change though.

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
  • Pikachu and Eevee are overrated and cliché in my opinion.

I suggest Dratini or Trapinch.

Anyway, I got some explanation as to why I think those two would be a cool pick outside of the Let's Go duo.

Dratini: Its final evolution is the ace of Drake from the Orange Island league. Furthermore, Dratini's final evolution, Dragonite, is fitting to the game's original name in that they are both orange.

Trapinch: It's also orange (at least, Trapinch is) while being somewhat parallel to the Pseudo Legendaries. It's also fitting to see that you have a Flygon at the Orange Island League Championship (assuming you kept it) fighting against Drake's ace in Dragonite.

I would suggest more like Rhyhorn or Machop. But with those two lacking some serious popularity and being out of place for being possible starters for the game, I'd rather not.

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2024
    how does one activate the Movie event? I've defeated Drake, but I have no clue where to go now

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • Not much to say since the release other than we have added a lot of music to the source.

https://soundcloud.com/monstarules/battle-orange-crew-pokemon-orange

Slowly but surely Orange will have a mostly original OST, some songs from other games will still be hand-picked because I strongly feel they work well.

I don't think I posted the results of the poll here but it goes as follows:
    Hello everyone, the poll has been basically tied for several days. We have come to a decision and both Eevee and Pikachu will be added, with another secret one that will have another hidden requirement.

With that said Prof Ivy has been getting a lot of her dialogue rewritten in preparation for the new event :)

Back