• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Favourite Shiny Pokemon?

Abirama

Veteran Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • This time I'm going to ask you about what is your favourite shiny pokemon. Despite of being hard to catch, shiny pokemon have a really cool colors. And that is what make shiny pokemon really special. But, not all shiny pokemon have a cool colors. There are some shiny pokemon that shouldn't be created in a first place.

So, the question is what is your favourite shiny pokemon? And why? Mine is shiny yveltal. Some of you might be thinking that shiny yveltal looks like a bacon, but in fact it's not! In my opinion it looks very cool and majestic. So how about you?

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I like most of the blue and pink ones, but my favorite (aesthetically) is Shiny Mothim. Despite being a relatively-hardcore Shiny fanatic, I generally think Shinies either look just as good or worse than their normal counterparts. Mothim is pretty much the only one that I think looks significantly better than its non-Shiny.

414.gif

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I think Shiny Charizard and Shiny Rayquaza are my favorite - black dragons just look cool to me, I guess. :)

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    For me it's Braixen
    654.gif

It's one of my favourite Pok?mon, and I love the purple coloration. I wonder why Fennekin and Delphox are grey when Shiny, and Braixen is purple.

MechaMoth

Eloquent Speaker
    Years
  • I tend to gravitate towards either really drastic changes or pretty subtle changes/improvements. I also like a lot of purples and greens. Since I collect shinies, I see a lot of these guys around. Here's a sampling:

European Dragon turned Irish:
    druddigon.gif

Luchador going for a darker look:
    hawlucha.gif

Fun maracas colors:
    maractus.gif

Native American colors:
    sigilyph.gif

Monochrome horror movie:
    mimikyu.gif

And the classic/epitome of shinies that most collectors get early on:
    umbreon.gif

I also like most of the colors of my favorite Pokemon, too (Absol, Lugia, etc.).

Years
  • Shiny Umbreon and Zorua are beautiful but my favourite shiny has to be Milotic, it's beautiful enough already but the shiny is just amazing.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I think my favorite shiny is Metapod, it's not my favorite Pok?mon, not even in the top 600, but the shiny is a gorgeous vermillion color. They could have made it red like Gyarados, or orange like Shellder, but instead they went with the most appeasing shade of vermillion I've ever seen.

Another favorite shiny is Lickitung, mainly the color combination of light yellow and dark pink. Which is in contrast compared to other pink and yellow shinies being hideous imo like Weavile.

Years
  • Anything that's noticeably different gets a big thumbs up from me, even if that means a lime green shiny form like Zubat or Espeon.

My favorite shiny of all is Azumarill by far, with Victini, Rayquaza, Mega Gengar, Mega Gardevoir, and Ponyta/Rapidash up there as well.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I love the blue shinies. According to that 'what's your favourite Pok?mon' game (with shiny colours), it's shiny Suicine. Wouldn't call that my fave but I love it a lot; I'd be willing to buy that shiny Suicune Pokk?n Tournament figure.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    368.png

Look how majestic it is...
    Gorebyss is my favorite shiny and favorite pokemon in general.

Years
  • A lot of my favorite shinies are the ones who turn blue.

Rampardos, Gardevoir, Gallade, Ponyta, Suicune, Serperior, and Lycanroc are some of my favorites.

Years
  • I tend to be a fan of mostly blue shinies, but ones that stand out as my fave are Corsola and Psyduck, due to that icy blue colour they turn into, since it does remind me of my old Ice Blue DS Lite that I often played my 4th and 5th Gen games on back in the day.

I shall react with excitement come the day I finally get a shiny Corsola, because it's definitely one of the best, if not the best shinies out there. The blue fits it so well.

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
    Years
  • Shiny Steelix is such a lovely banana. I also like shiny Dragonite a lot, I've often considered its coloration nicer than its original colors. Shiny Ariados and Sceptile are cool as well.

Back