• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What are you currently watching/reading?

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    I'm currently reading the Odd Thomas (about the ghost kid named gordon)............and it's good
    and currently wacthing well i'm waiting for journeys on Sept.11

Years
  • I'm currently reading the Odd Thomas (about the ghost kid named gordon)............and it's good
    and currently wacthing well i'm waiting for journeys on Sept.11

I don't think Odd Thomas is really a fit for the Anime & Manga section unless there's been a weird adaptation I don't know about.

User Anon 1848

Recently caught up to the current chapters of One Punch Man and Vinland Saga. Both easily make it into my top 5 manga. Loved the first season of One Punch Man that came out back in 2015 but the manga has the best and most consistent art that I've seen from the medium. For a gag series I'd say it's done a really good job of fleshing out Garou as an interesting character. Vinland Saga is amazing. Though I wish
    Spoiler:

Now I'm reading Hajime No Ippo, Hunter x Hunter and One Piece (there's almost 3000 chapters between all 3 lol) while checking out the Vinland Saga anime. I'm only a couple episodes in but I'm already very impressed by the animation, voice acting, music and tone. If only Berserk could get an adaptation with as much care put into it. Perhaps in another decade.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Watched the latest episode of One Piece that came out...

..it wasn't very good. :/

User Anon 1848

Watched the latest episode of One Piece that came out...

..it wasn't very good. :/

I think I only made it to the Skyepiea arc in the anime but I hear the further you go past the timeskip the worse it gets. Been having a ball with the official colored-in version of the manga though so you might wanna try that sometime if you haven't already.

Emilia

~ free falling
    Years
  • just watched the latest two episodes of Re:Zero s2 yesterday...

Spoiler:

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I started reading Haikyuu because one of my best friends wanted me to! I'm up to date w/ the anime but never took the time out to read the manga. Don't really have time to watch an anime series so am looking into reading more manga - might try catch up with Ao no Exorcist too since that was one of my favourite anime when I was 13 :')

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Started watching 'Great pretender'. Only because an article mentioned they were using Freddie Mecury's song for the ending track, but glad I've tried it out.

Years
  • I'm currently re-watching Serial Experiments Lain and doing my first watch through of Kaguya-sama: Love is War because a friend recommended it. Lain is one of my favourite series, I love the layers and depths and it's always fun trying to deconstruct it and find new things. It's got such a unique aesthetic too.

The latter show, I'm enjoying a lot more than I thought I would. The earlier episodes grated on me because of the narrator but the comedy is there, the animation is fantastic and there's actually better character growth than you'd think. As added bonuses, s1's OP is the catchiest thing ever and there's less irritating narration in s2.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Assassination Classroom S1 (Toonami airing)
    Black Clover (Toonami airing)
    Code Geass R1 (rewatch)
    Fairy Tail
    Naruto Shippuden (Toonami airing)
    Pokemon Journeys (Netflix)

All are english dubs because that's what I prefer

User Anon 1848

So I finally caught up to the current Hunter x Hunter chapter and I have a few thoughts on the latest arc. There's way too much exposition. This has always been one of the few problems I've had with HxH in general but it's made even worse in the current arc because they're explaining concepts that were already explained in great detail earlier in the series. If you're going to give long-winded exposition then at least respect the reader enough to not repeat yourself. The Greed Island arc sort of had the same issue on a lesser scale. It kills the pacing and irritates the readers who were paying attention and remembered everything that's being repeated. Even a lot of the newer stuff that's being explained seems like it could be summed up much faster. I just wish Togashi would follow the "show, don't tell" method of storytelling more often.

Not really feeling any of the new characters, who make up 99% of the cast for this arc either.

Back