• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you focus on one game at a time?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    People focus on one game at a time?

How?

I focused on one game at a time throughout last year

Mostly because of time reasons, like if I left for school at 7 AM, and returned at 5:30 PM, I only had a couple hours to play.

I would put that time into one game, and most of the time I could complete it within a couple weeks.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    I tend to have an intense desire to play one game at a time, and then I'm not actually able to commit to that. It's not to an extent such that I make no progress in any of them, but it becomes annoying knowing that I want to be invested in the story and gameplay of one and at the same time my brain is chugging along about the scenario or art or characters of an entirely different game.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • People focus on one game at a time?

How?

The only time I can see not staying with one game is if you're down to only having MP games left.

If I've no more story or any more interesting games than MP ones, I'll bounce around 2-4 mp games. If there is ANYTHING else to play though, I'll normally focus on that one game.

It's EzPz, and that's saying something since I have ADD!

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2018
    For a day or two, I focus on one game. If it's worth it, I will keep playing. So if there is no new game, I have 3-4 games. I switch games every now and then.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Yes, I usually focused on one game until I finished the game or get bored.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2018
    I usually keep two going. One on handheld and one on a console.

Right now I'm playing Dragon Quest Heroes II on my PS4 and Final Fantasy IV on my PSP

Years
  • I pretty much have to make myself focus on one game at a time, at least if I want to beat said game. Otherwise I'll just keep on getting distracted by other games and then lose interest in whatever I was first playing. I have plenty of unfinished games in my library because of that.

Years
  • One game at a time.

I feel like if I switch around between a bunch of different games, I'll end up burning myself out compared to committing myself to finishing up one game at a time, and then I can have motivating to play another game and focus my full attention on that, etc.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Only when there's a need to accomplish a certain goal, say, finishing the main story. I tend to play different games in one sitting otherwise.

Years
  • yes olawd. I don't have the energy or attention span to focus on more than one game at a time, unless it's a mobile game since those are simple and easy to switch between (especially since many have a stamina system, so you can easily move onto the next game while you wait for the previous to restore).

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • Nope ;3 I like switching between different games ^_^

I'm different about books, though. Those I tend to be one at a time about pretty much always! It makes it easier to absorb the stories for me, lol. :)

Back