• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first job?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
  • Resident Assistant at a university residence hall. The MALE FRESHMAN residence hall. So you know that I saw all sorts of weird stuff happen during that time. Even had to testify as a witness in the campus judicial court over an incident that happened on the floor that I was in charge of supervising.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I had babysitting gigs throughout high school that involved me watching 2 kids or driving them to camp. While taking them to the park I locked us out of the house & had to climb in through a back window to get us back in. I'd also play Britney Spears really loud when they'd scream in the car to get them to stop. they were a hoot.

my first more formal job was age 20, I was a hostess at my friend's aunt's restaurant she owned downtown. I'd kill time playing tic tac toe & hangman with the busboy. it was right near the train station so we had a HUGE happy hour crowd every day which got obnoxious. I had quite a few married dudes try to buy me drinks & talk me up While I was working. I'm really quiet so that was interesting to work around since hostesses have to be all :D

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    McDonald's was my first job. I eventually got the chance to be trained to be a manager but I decided to pursue other opportunities.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • i was a cashier at a grocery store. i thought i was terrible at it, though all of my managers said i was the best worker in the front end. i had a horrible customer service attitude, and i got nervous whenever customers were angry with me (thanks, years of trauma). though, i was a huge pushover. whenever my managers asked me to do something, i'd do it. i'd cover shifts for people, come in early if asked, rarely take days off, etc. guess that's why they liked me so much.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • It was a tutoring job tutoring little kiddos.

Kiddos were great, although some of them gave me hell. But they were my babies and I actually miss some of them. I'm happy to have left the job (worked there for four years), but it was a good one.

Back