• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Poke Ball Plus Will Come with a Mew.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
  • https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/12/17452990/pokemon-lets-go-poke-ball-plus-mythical-mew

Each Poke Ball Plus will come with a Mew already stored on the device. It's been mentioned as an exclusive so this might be the only way to get Mew in Pokemon Let?s Go-

Mew was an event Pokemon in Generation 1(unless you got one via a glitch...) so it makes sense. Still, it feels like extortion for what they intend to charge for the darn thing. If they did a package deal of lumping the platform, game and peripheral together for say $330, you might get more people to buy it. Not sure what offer you could do for those who already have the system but $45 is way too much imo.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • I wasn't planning on buying the Poke Ball Plus before, and...basically, I'm still not. Even if it is the only way to get Mew in the game, I don't exactly want to pay over $50 for one mythical Pokemon...Especially when it's technically available in the Gen 1 Virtual Console games.

This actually seems like a bit of an...ethically sketchy move, to me - isn't it sort of a tenet of the series that event Pokemon are supposed to be free? I guess there were some that required you to buy a movie ticket, but this just seems to be on a whole nother level somehow. :/ I'm not upset over it, but I don't expect this to draw a lot of customers who weren't going to purchase the Poke Ball Plus already.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2022
    I'm not that bothered by it tbh. I was considering getting the Pokeball Plus because I'm an avid Pokemon GO player and this bonus kind of seals the deal for me.

Years
  • This actually seems like a bit of an...ethically sketchy move, to me - isn't it sort of a tenet of the series that event Pokemon are supposed to be free? I guess there were some that required you to buy a movie ticket, but this just seems to be on a whole nother level somehow. :/

It wouldn?t be the first time. You could get a Celebi for putting effort into Pok?mon Box, and a Phione and Mew for My Pok?mon Ranch. A Bank subscription gets you bonus Pok?mon every now and then as rewards, too (even if they don?t market it as such).

This is another bonus, except this time it?s with something tangible (and expensive).

The bundle, for what it?s worth, is US$99.99 (MSRP).

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Is it only in the bundle when you pre-order the bundle? Or can I wait and buy the bundle after it comes out and still get the Mew?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    I feel like because the pokeball plus can so far only be used with LGPE (and pokemon Go), it basically means that this yellow remake with only 151 pokemon costs a hundred bucks. That's a problem for me. I assume they'll find a way to make it useful in gen 8 too, which might bring back wild pokemon battles but still take advantage of the motion capture for catching them...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Not that bothered by it. They never said Mew was untradeable, right? So buying it isn?t gonna be the only way.

Plus, other Pokemon have previously been essentially pay-to-get; a bit odd that it?s happening in 2018, but it?s just Let?s Go, would be a different story if it was in the main game and a new Pokemon rather than Mew. Also instead of a one-time thing like an experience or movie as a bonus, we get a cool piece of technology. I?d say it?s worth it if you like the game.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • To me, the whole thing is a waste of money. I could careless about mew. With $50, I can buy 2 controllers for 20 dollars more and use it for all my games. If not that, it isn't far off from another game.

It just isn't worth it. The Pokewalker was awesome, but at least it came with the game, only raising the price about $10.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Is it only in the bundle when you pre-order the bundle? Or can I wait and buy the bundle after it comes out and still get the Mew?

It's just the Poke Ball Plus accessory that comes with the Mew.

I personally don't like the idea of making it such an expensive purchase just to obtain a beloved Mythical Pokemon. It's even worse down in my country of Australia, where we could be looking at a $70 price tag down here.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I was going to get the Poke Ball Plus, but I'm already shelling out $100 for the games and can't afford it. Also, $50 for an accessory? Really? Forget it, I don't need a Mew that bad.

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
    Years
  • I can't justify the cost of it. Pokémon LGPE is $79.95 here, and the silly ball costs another $69.95 lol. $150 for the lot? No thanks. I mean, even if it's bundled and discounted (it may be, I haven't looked into it really), It's probably only going to bring it down to $130 or so.

Additionally, I haven't got a Switch yet, so for me it will be a HUGE upfront cost to get all three.

Edit: The bundle is $129.95 haha. :'(

Last edited:
    Back