• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I know your location

Years
  • ha gotcha

How comfortable do you feel about sharing certain data with apps or services when they ask for it? What data do you feel more comfortable with that's getting shared, versus data that you aren't as comfortable sharing?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Any time a website asks to know my location, I quickly decline. Most of the time, I don't want to share any of my data if I'm outright asked. My location, especially, since I don't want any targeted ads that are catered to my location. =/

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm okay with location, but anytime an app asks to take control of my social media, absolute no.

I almost never post on my own social media pages, so I surely don't want an app making posts for me.

Years
  • unless I'm using google maps or something, I'll never allow apps or websites to access my location. in fact, I'll head out as soon as possible :p

Years
  • I'm okay with location, but anytime an app asks to take control of my social media, absolute no.

I almost never post on my own social media pages, so I surely don't want an app making posts for me.

unless I'm using google maps or something, I'll never allow apps or websites to access my location. in fact, I'll head out as soon as possible :p

How do you guys feel about search inquiries then? o:

Years
  • i personally don't care much of location,
    it's not really like... they can do anything totally bad with it like visit me in my sleep
    unless im wrong

just dont ask to post on behalf of me because
    everyone knows that's not going to be me lmao

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
  • i usually decline app permissions, because a lot of them can be really rediculous. like a regular game needs to know my location? F that, denied. Now if you talked to me about idk 3 to 5 years ago, i would have said i hit accept on everything, no matter what. But now, i only give the app the perms it needs to function. only apps that need my location is google maps and pokemon go. thats it, (and ik yall probably got other apps that utulize location also so yes to them also) but beyond that, i find it stupid when it needs that permission. I think i had a game one that just wouldnt let me play it unless i gave it my location, and it didnt utulize location at all. I ended up stupidly giving it but i knew i would regret it. Havent really yet but still, i dont even play it anymore.

Years
  • Only for weather shit, otherwise no.
    But some things just take it anyway. Google knows everything.

Back