• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters

Z25

Team Player
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    This was on 4chan in the anime thread:
    XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

It seems there are a few captures coming up that will be secret.

Thoughts?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I can believe this. It may be from 4chan, but something similar has come up before, but I cannot tell at all how it is. If it isn't real, I don't see why they would have blurred it like they did.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Maybe his 6th slot is being saved for a Gen 7. Not all that crazy at all since we have had next gen pokemon on either his friend's teams or Team Rocket. Heck if Team Rocket can get a next gen pokemon Ash should too. (As a kid thought the Phanpy egg would be a Mudkip)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I was looking at the photo again this morning, I doesn't have a Z on. I thought it did last night, but now I don't see it.

It could be just a massive troll from an older script.

Years
  • I was looking at the photo again this morning, I doesn't have a Z on. I thought it did last night, but now I don't see it.

It could be just a massive troll from an older script.

I'll die laughing if it's just the same script image that we got last year.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    It's older but...Wings of bliss pointed this out yesterday:
    Yes, the photo itself is old, but what's interesting is that specific parts - namely their Pokemon - have been blurred out. It was also posted on the 20th, which was yesterday Western time. Here's a rough translation of what came up on Google Translate:

"And, "Pokemon · XY & Z" is, W new developments of the protagonist! This person is also in the studio, tension raised up w. It is surrounded by a veteran, recording of nervous in a good way? Please stay tuned for the coming deployment!"

This may be some sort of hint as to what's to come after the Zygarde/Team Flare arc, or the XY&Z season itself. I'm going to play devil's advocate here and throw out a theory: if we actually end up getting a "Gen 6.5" of sorts with a Southern Kalos or new region, this may be hinting at them getting some of those new 'mons in replacement of their current roosters.

So who knows.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Guess that is true. Looking at the thing above Serena's head, it does kinda look like it may be part of Zygarde's final form. However, that is very little to go on to assume it is zygarde.

I can obviously see Luxray. There is something between Ash and Bonnie, but I can't really tell what it is. And there seems to be something near Serena on the right side, but again, it is hard to tell.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Guess that is true. Looking at the thing above Serena's head, it does kinda look like it may be part of Zygarde's final form. However, that is very little to go on to assume it is zygarde.

I can obviously see Luxray. There is something between Ash and Bonnie, but I can't really tell what it is. And there seems to be something near Serena on the right side, but again, it is hard to tell.
    It's weird how they blurred it out to. Unlike last time it's much different. Above serena is either noivern or talonflame, between bonnie and ash is something with 3 half circles that make up a pattern of some kind.

I can't tell what it is. It's an interesting image for sure...

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2019
    I wasn't so disappointed of Goodra leaving Ash, I was expecting it since it was foreshadowed that it fled from somewhere, also I find Noivern an awesome Pokémon.

Ash having 3 flying types is an issue for me though, because it's very noticeable since all three have wings.

Atleast by other generations Pokémon with the same type were more hidden.

Anyway, I think Ash's sixt Pokémon will be a Grass type, it can be Phantump or Skiddo. I voted Skiddo but now I think Phantump is more likely since we saw it less. Another choice could be Sceptile for Mega Evolution but since Sawyer will have his Sceptile Mega Evolve and Ash's Greninja has it's own Mega Evolution I doubt it will happen (even though I saw a picture with a Mega Sceptile alongside Ash and his friends).

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Currently there is no info or hints about who will catch what next. There is still a Swirlix in question from a promo image or something, but I can't remember it. And I don't think we will have any hints from the pokemon movie as it seems it takes place between Ash Greninja and Eevee evolution.

I also see phantump being the most likely candidate, unless he catches an older pokemon that evolves in the next region, like how he got Aipom and Gligar. He could catch the pokemon before or after the 8th gym, because I still think he will lose that battle with Wulfric being the strongest gym leader level wise.

I think the Swirlix will go to Clemont, even though Swirlix was the only fairy I could see Ash catching unless it was Ralts line.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2019
    Ash needs a sixth Pokémon in the Kalos League. He may have many Pokémon Oaked bit he may never use them even though Kalos is the region of the old Pokémon.

Unless Goodra comes back Ash will catch atleast one more Pokémon.

Maybe the Swirlix wad only a random Pokémon he didn't appeared in the poster of the XY&Z series.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • The longer it takes ash to catch another mon the more I feel like goodra is coming back in predicting Kalos will end at the league so it might be a long arc which I doubt cause leagues never last more than 5 episodes which is a shame

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2019
    The longer it takes ash to catch another mon the more I feel like goodra is coming back in predicting Kalos will end at the league so it might be a long arc which I doubt cause leagues never last more than 5 episodes which is a shame
    I doubt actually that Goodra will come back. He was only caught to make Ash win the Voltage Badge and it's return, would make Ash more likely win the league.

Years
  • I have a feeling Ash won't catch another Pokemon, meaning Kalos will end up being the first saga where he doesn't get a full team. If he plans to use Greninja, Talonflame, Hawlucha, Noivern and Pikachu as his team set for the league, he's likely going to need to use his Oaked reserves if he makes it to a round that uses full battles.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • The image of Swirlix was shown with the rest of the main characters pokemon. I am not 100% sure what it was for or from.

And I seriously doubt Ash will not catch another pokemon. By the looks of the opening, the league might be held in Lumious City. He can also still get a Phantump from the woods. It also seems obvious that they will also probably be going to the Pokemon Village, with Wulfric. That gives Ash a massive chance to get a pokemon there, as he gets a pokemon that is treated wrong by humans in half of the anime. Tepig, Charmader, and Chimchar. He could still get a Skiddo if one is abandoned at the Pokemon Village or even return to Lumious where those Skiddo are said to have been abandoned in the games.

Edit: I was wrong about the movie taking place between Greninja and Eevee evolution. As Ash has Noivern in it. For some reason in the first poster, Serena's Eevee hadn't evolved.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2016
    They also show in the movie Ash-Greninja, but without the water veil, so they might have controlled the form better by then.

Years
  • and it's return, would make Ash more likely win the league.

Goodra was strong sure, but one Pokemon wouldn't make all the difference at the KL imho. If the writers want Ash to lose yet another League (which they seem completely fine with as seen for the past 18 years), then he'll lose with or without Goodra.

Back