• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2019
    Goodra was strong sure, but one Pokemon wouldn't make all the difference at the KL imho. If the writers want Ash to lose yet another League (which they seem completely fine with as seen for the past 18 years), then he'll lose with or without Goodra.
    One Pokémon may not be enough to win the League but with Goodra combined with the other Pokémon, Greninja's own version of Mega Evolution and Ash's skills, Ash would be to Powerfull to win the League easy. Also Goodra is still a Pseudo and Ash has a semi-Pseudo aswell.

Saying this I doubt Goodra will come back Ash isn't allowed to be this strong.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    There's an episode coming up about a phantump, so maybe Ash gets one.

Serena also seems to be using Ash's pikachu to fight another in a future episode, and greninja is a mega from the looks of things, which is interesting

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Except there's zero Shiny Phantump merchandise right now (or any recent Phantump merchandise in general), so a capture hasn't been foreshadowed. We'd know by now if a capture was going to happen.

I don't recall them ever having shiny pokemon merchandise unless it was cards or something.

I don't know if we can say merchandise is accurate as it was. It has been right before, but Litleo was also a plushie near the very start, but it wasn't until 2 years later until we actually got an episode with it and no one caught it.

Years
    I don't recall them ever having shiny pokemon merchandise unless it was cards or something.

I don't know if we can say merchandise is accurate as it was. It has been right before, but Litleo was also a plushie near the very start, but it wasn't until 2 years later until we actually got an episode with it and no one caught it.

We've had some Shiny merchandise before: for instance, we got a few Shiny Metagross toys and other products around the time that Steven's Shiny Metagross showed up in Act II. I'm just saying that we haven't gotten Phantump merchandise that shows one with the cast's other Pokemon recently. If that changes soon then so be it, but ever since late BW all captures/evolutions/releases in the main cast have been spoiled months in advance in some form, whether by merchandise, leaked images, or the show's Opening/Ending themes. :c

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Except there's zero Shiny Phantump merchandise right now (or any recent Phantump merchandise in general), so a capture hasn't been foreshadowed. We'd know by now if a capture was going to happen.

I didn't even realize it seems to be shiny! But I thought I'd point it out. It's not likely, but we shall see.

They did just put out images of manga like scenes with goodra, pikachu, and I think hawluch, so maybe it comeback.

I've also seen people say the opening is getting updated soon, so maybe we will get something in it.

Ash is also apparently going to fight Dianthia.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    It would pure idiotsy if Ash ignore Phantump since he doesn't have a ghost or grass pokemon.
    Not to mention , It shiny !
    Pokemon is "Monster collecting" genre so how possibly Ash doesn't show any drive to catch and collect pokemon . (Instate of waiting for a pokemon fly all the way to him and say "Catch me , Catch Me")

Also , Does anyone ever hoped for Ash to catch an Espeon in Jotho ?
    Since its the only pokemon from Red's team that Ash never caught ! Plus , His main rival Gary had Umbremon who happen to be Espeon's counterpart.
    Well , Espeon is the "Sun Pokemon" and Umbreon" is the "Moonlight Pokemon" So they might receive Megevolution in the upcoming pokemon Sun & Moon.
    So , Ash might finally get his own Eevee which evolve into Espeon.

Years
    Pokemon is "Monster collecting" genre so how possibly Ash doesn't show any drive to catch and collect pokemon . (Instate of waiting for a pokemon fly all the way to him and say "Catch me , Catch Me")

It's been evident for more than a decade that Ash isn't interested in catching every Pokemon he sees. So he can easily keep himself from catching Phantump just as he's refrained himself from catching hundreds of other Pokemon before. :/

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Ash's quest was never to fill the pokedex. The goal in the games and manga have always stated that catching was needed. In the anime, the professors have all the info at their disposal so they don't have to get kids to fill the pokedexes. Even when he said "I am going to catch all of you someday" he doesn't follow that goal because he learns that having all the pokemon, doesn't make a difference. Gary lost, even though he had triple the pokemon Ash had in Kanto. Ash's goal has always been to beat the Elite 4 or the Pokemon League.

As for the opening updating, yeah there should be an update soon. It usually happens at about half way, although I think Getta Ban Ban updated like 5 times.

I am really really hoping Ash's sixth is a shiny pokemon. I really do. I have been saying that he would probably catch a shiny again soon with how common they have become. It doesn't even have to be a Shiny Phantump, but that would be so freaking amazing. Especially since he has never 'caught' a ghost type. He had Haunter, but gave it to Sabrina in the very next episode.

Phantump is also the pokemon I voted for him to catch when this thread first started.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I'm honestly in agreement with Ash not capturing the Phantump. As The 4th Kira has stated, Ash isn't interested in capturing every Pokemon he sees. I'd love to see him capture another shiny, but I highly doubt he will. Unless they're trying to keep the capture a secret this time around, I'm not sure if that's been done before, but I can dream?

Suppose we'll see the OP updates, since those always seem to spoil captures. One thing I do know is that Ash will eventually have a sixth Pokemon, since he'll definitely need one in time for the Pokemon League, for instance...

I do feel Ash still needs a Grass type Pokemon, since he hasn't had one this generation yet. :x He has three Flying type Pokemon this time around, I wouldn't want him to bring back his Charizard, since that'd up his Flying types to four. That's kind of why I'd love for him to get a shiny Phantump in the first place--it's been since, uh, Johto? Since Ash had a shiny. I wonder if Ash would evolve the Phantump, hmm... probably not.

I also don't think Goodra is going to come back. Ash released it. He never came back for any Pokemon he's released. Gliscor was different, since he sent him away in training, not releasing it. I feel like it is highly unlikely such event will occur, but I suppose anything is possible, you never know.

Also, in regards to Serena.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    I do find it disappointing Serena will be ending her run with a team as small as Cilan and Tracey, but as for Ash I do hope he can get his final capture because if he still has his current team by the time the Kalos League happens he will have to use his previous-gen reserves.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    With this being similar to SInnoh in terms of skill, he will probably use old pokemon. He did in Sinnoh for most of the league. And I have a feeling some of his pokemon will evolve during it. Similar to how Cydaquil evolved. WOuld be nice if it evolved again into Typhlosion. I don't see Bulbasaur or Squirtle evolving, so I am not going to count them.

I am still hoping Serena sticks around with Ash, but if not, I hope she is replaced with a female that has the same goal he does. It would just be nice to have Ash have a traveling partner with the same goal as he. And I think that would really be fun for shipping fans. Not to mention one epic final battle.

I am still thinking Serena will get a 3rd or 4th Gen starter, even though there doesn't seem to be much left in the anime. It may be a baby by the time the saga ends, but it be nice if they kept the idea.

As for what pokemon might evolve if Ash used them, similar to Cydaquil, i am hoping for these to evolve. Would say Snivy, but not a fan of Servine.

Scraggy
    Gible
    Buizel
    Bayleef
    Quilava or Pignite
    Corphish

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I'm honestly in agreement with Ash not capturing the Phantump. As The 4th Kira has stated, Ash isn't interested in capturing every Pokemon he sees. I'd love to see him capture another shiny, but I highly doubt he will. Unless they're trying to keep the capture a secret this time around, I'm not sure if that's been done before, but I can dream?

Suppose we'll see the OP updates, since those always seem to spoil captures. One thing I do know is that Ash will eventually have a sixth Pokemon, since he'll definitely need one in time for the Pokemon League, for instance...

I do feel Ash still needs a Grass type Pokemon, since he hasn't had one this generation yet. :x He has three Flying type Pokemon this time around, I wouldn't want him to bring back his Charizard, since that'd up his Flying types to four. That's kind of why I'd love for him to get a shiny Phantump in the first place--it's been since, uh, Johto? Since Ash had a shiny. I wonder if Ash would evolve the Phantump, hmm... probably not.

I also don't think Goodra is going to come back. Ash released it. He never came back for any Pokemon he's released. Gliscor was different, since he sent him away in training, not releasing it. I feel like it is highly unlikely such event will occur, but I suppose anything is possible, you never know.

Also, in regards to Serena.

Spoiler:
    If goodra comes back, I see the reasoning being this:

the guy who owns the marsh watches Ash on the tv in the league. Goodra does to and gets excited to see his friend. The old man realizes this and asks goodra if it wants to help Ash out one last time.
    goodra agrees and he drives to the league surprising Ash. The guy offers to to bring goodra back after the league.

Ash never actually released it. We don't see him releasing it from it's pokeball. So it's possible he still has it's pokeball. So it's not impossible that he would be able to use in the league.

Then at the end, goodra either goes back or maybe chooses to go back to traveling with Ash, seeing as it's home is safe. Or maybe the guy will have a way to transfer goodra should Ash ever need it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Can you believe They are doing this again --

Spoiler:

It doesn't matter if Ash doesn't catch Riolu , It will hurt as hell if someone else got the pokemon that Ash-fans wanted for Ash since Movie 10.
    Specially if Shota catchs it , People are already mad at him getting a free mega Sceptile So Riolu is too much!
    Just look -
    Mega Scetile
    Salamence (Pseudo Legendary)
    Riolu

3 pokemon that Ash not allow to catch ! So Shota gets them just for being Tomioka's favorite.
    And he's beat Ash then he will be the most hated character of the series.

off course , Ash should catch something Huggable ! Even his pokemon from BW Series aren't that huggable considering they look so skinny. I want something that look cute but also healthy like Kento starter.
    Basically something cute & fluffy but also seem to have a healthy body to take any pokemon.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Can you believe They are doing this again --

Spoiler:

It doesn't matter if Ash doesn't catch Riolu , It will hurt as hell if someone else got the pokemon that Ash-fans wanted for Ash since Movie 10.
    Specially if Shota catchs it , People are already mad at him getting a free mega Sceptile So Riolu is too much!
    Just look -
    Mega Scetile
    Salamence (Pseudo Legendary)
    Riolu

Famon, just because these Pokemon are in that image, doesn't mean anyone is going to catch them. We also don't have enough information on the movie to get a full clear picture on who is going to catch what. The only relation to the anime I see in this photo is the Pokemon XYZ logo. =/ Unless the Riolu and Slurpluff next to Ash's Pikachu and Squishy mean something, but it's probably a coincidence.

Years
    Kory has a point, just because a Pokemon is promoted in a new batch of merchandise doesn't mean it'll essentially translate into a capture in the anime. We also don't know much about the upcoming movie at this stage.

Years
    Well the new film trailer that we got a week ago didn't show any new Pokemon in the cast, so I'm now 99.9% sure that any possible team changes won't occur til after mid-July.

Years
    Well the new film trailer that we got a week ago didn't show any new Pokemon in the cast, so I'm now 99.9% sure that any possible team changes won't occur til after mid-July.

I'll be sad if Ash doesn't catch a final team member because if he has only a team of five going into the league he'll have to be forced into using his Pokemon at Oak's Lab in the 6-on-6 rounds. But then again, all of Ash's Kalos team so far have fully-evolved.

Back