• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Serena Done Catching Pokemon?

What do you guys think? Do you think Serena is done catching Pokemon, or do you think she'll capture one more in time for the whatever it's called Showcase tournament?

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
    I don't see why she wouldn't :P Although I think she has a pretty solid team currently, and the more Pokémon she has, the harder it will be to use them equally in perfomances, but maybe she wants a Pokemon to use for battles lol

Years
    What do you guys think? Do you think Serena is done catching Pokemon, or do you think she'll capture one more in time for the whatever it's called Showcase tournament?

I really hope she doesn't end her series with a team as small as Cilan's, because I remember when I wanted him to get more Pokemon, but no the Stunfisk capture (which was still fairly early in BW) ended up being his final capture, and his only evolution was Dwebble. That's why I remember him as a male companion that was so terribly treated by the writers.

I do hope Serena gets one more Pokemon in time for the Master Class Showcase, and while it's getting more doubtful, I do hope Ash can get the sixth capture to fill his team because it'd feel wrong to end a region saga with his team having less than six Pokemon.

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
    Years

In her very first showcase the announcer said that the princesses can use up to six Pokemon in their performances, and I hope they said that to hint that Serena will eventually have a full team of six.

Maybe that's just wishful thinking, because I really like the relationship she's building with her Pokemon and would like to see her have more. Fingers crossed for a full team.

Years
    My hopes of Serena with a full team seem to be diminishing given my theory that 7th Gen might be coming in 2017 (since most generations last three years) and she's taken a very slow amount of time between captures. And while the time to promote ORAS may very well be over, I still hope she gets a Mudkip (I know May and Dawn got a starter from their generation's remake that was weak to their main starter) because I don't want her with Treecko since Sawyer is using that line.

LinearAxel

Years
    Spoiler:

May had at least three Kanto Pokemon; Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Eevee,
    And Dawn had two Johto Pokemon; Cyndaquil and Aipom, and Togekiss, which is a gen four Pokemon but its pre-evolutions are from Johto, so it just seems to fit that Serena will get at least one Hoenn Pokemon.

I also remembered that both May and Dawn had an egg at some point in their adventures, which Serena is yet to have, so I really feel they'll give her at least one more Pokemon. Maybe a Hoenn egg?

I would looove to see her with a Froslass, too bad the main characters all seem pretty anti-stone evolution, then again, someone gave Dawn a Togekiss so nothing's stopping them from giving Serena a fully evolved Froslass.

Years
    Spoiler:

The problem is, it's an evolution that'll be happening in that episode and not a capture. Serena's Eevee was revealed to be evolving into Sylveon.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    https://i.imgur.com/oeFnZcM.jpg
    https://item.rakuten.co.jp/amiami/goods-00069941/
    https://www.lotte.co.jp/products/brand/pokemon/index.html

A potential Swirlix for Ashy boy? Discuss. I did suspect he might get a fairy as his final capture to promote the new type and all.

Interesting. It seems to hint towards it being more Ash's then anyone else's. If it is his, I wonder if Miette will have some involvement in it. She is know for her slurpuff, but then again shota's got one to. So it be weird for Ash to have one, but I like the pokemon and think it could be cool.

Years
    If Ash were to get Swirlix, I'd probably rather it to stay unevolved since Sawyer and Miette are already showcasing Slurpuff plus Ash having a Slurpuff would cause redundancy with the two rivals. But I am still hoping his sixth Pokemon is not another Electric-weak one.

LinearAxel

Years
    I can see him bonding with a Swirlix.

If he does catch it, I doubt it will evolve, since that would give us a main character and two reoccurring characters all with the same Pokemon.

Not that Ash's Pokemon are really known for evolving all that often anyway.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Swirlix makes a better mascot however Is he a better fighter ?
    Specially since it can't evolve without trading .

Last edited:
    Years
    Not that Ash's Pokemon are really known for evolving all that often anyway.

While we had sagas where most of his team didn't evolve far (looking at you, Kanto, Johto and Unova!) there have been others where most of his team, if not all of them, did evolve, notably in Hoenn, Sinnoh and Kalos.

Look at his current team, they're all fully evolved except Pikachu (duh), Hawlucha (being a standalone) and Noibat (although he may evolve in an upcoming episode).

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    While we had sagas where most of his team didn't evolve far (looking at you, Kanto, Johto and Unova!) there have been others where most of his team, if not all of them, did evolve, notably in Hoenn, Sinnoh and Kalos.

Look at his current team, they're all fully evolved except Pikachu (duh), Hawlucha (being a standalone) and Noibat (although he may evolve in an upcoming episode).

Swirlix loses its power to float in the air upon evolving .
    So evolving him might not be the best thing.
    But , Swirlix doesn't have any physical defense ! It can only rely on special attack like Cotton spore , Psychic or Protect to defend itself.

LinearAxel

Years
    My first thought was that Ash catching a Pokemon that most likely won't evolve so late in the series would be kind of strange, especially since all his Pokemon (sans Pikachu) have evolved, can't evolve, or are likely going to evolve soon.
    then I thought about how he's headed for more than one Pokemon League with unevolved Pokemon, so a Swirlix as his sixth wouldn't be that big of a stretch for our friend Ash.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    My first thought was that Ash catching a Pokemon that most likely won't evolve so late in the series would be kind of strange, especially since all his Pokemon (sans Pikachu) have evolved, can't evolve, or are likely going to evolve soon.
    then I thought about how he's headed for more than one Pokemon League with unevolved Pokemon, so a Swirlix as his sixth wouldn't be that big of a stretch for our friend Ash.

Unless Writer decide to turn Ash into a true Badass by him challenging a powerful trainer in a 6 vs 1 battle where Ash must use Swirlix to beat all that trainer's pokemon after he insulted Swirlix as a weak pokemon.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    The episode with the Dance Party, there has been 2 names come up, Get one and Catch one. It could be an egg, even though Serena's Eevee will probably evolve.

I don't see this dance party being a performance, but more of a fun get together or something. Serena could get an egg ect.

Swirlix was the one fairy type I could see Ash catching, but at this point, I would be slightly annoyed by it. Although it seems to be Ash's, I can see Serena getting Swirlix instead, because of the rivalry between Miette and her.

I don't think Miette will give a Swirlix to him though. Although it would further the rivalry between her and Serena. Not to mention, Serena bakes. I don't see Clemont catching it, but I wouldn't put it past the writers. If one person catches a pokemon and evolves, the others are soon to follow. Because that is how the pattern as gone so far in this series. When one catches a pokemon, the others catch one with in a few episodes. When one evolves, the others have a pokemon evolve. Clemont is the only one who hasn't had a new pokemon since the Luxray, so he is due for one.

Also, Ash is known for catching some pokemon who have already evolved, such at Krookodile and Noctowl, who are possibly two of his most remembered pokemon. Also, he caught Snorunt late and it evolved before the Hoenn League.

We also haven't had an old character return yet and I have a feeling that we will have a filler arc between Kalos League and whatever is next, if there is a 7th Gen anime with Ash.

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I think that if Ash does get swirlix it is from miette. It would make a lot of sense. The episode title implies that both could get something. Considering they fight miete it could make sense. Maybe serena gets a prize and so Miette gives Ash a swirlix as one to mess with Serena and as a gift for winning?

Back