• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the shortest/longest mafia game in existence

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Most of the games here run pretty long, usually about a month or so, but some prefer short games. What do you prefer, a fast and short game which is as fast as how mi can reach death, or a slow and long game, as long as gimmefox will stand the test of time!

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2017
Love those comparisons, haha.

It's looking like SMS3's gonna be pretty long with this hiatus. But it could be the longest regardless, considering everything.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I prefer the longer ones. In the first part of the game everybody knows nothing and you can't really do much, aside some random voting. Short games are games nearly being only that first part.
The only problem with longer games is that they need to keep everyone's attention to the game. Over time, some people can forget or get uninterested in the game and get inactive. And as games are only fun when all players are active, the fun of longer games is really dependent on the players.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Bumping it up 'cause relevancy:

As long as it's not as short as PPB or as long as SMS3 I'm cool lol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I keep reading PPB as PBJ.... and now I want a PB&J sandwich.

But yeah, I have to agree with Candy. I wasn't in supporters and I'm kinda glad I wasn't in it considering how long it was haha. But PPB was definitely too short of a game.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
Years
Don't even get me started on those last couple phases on supps >_<

If we're going to play a short game I'd rather it be on EM. I feel like creating a forum game for it to be so short is just a waste of time for the GM to create css and send roles. They put so much effort into it then boom. gone.

I can see why people enjoy shorter games, but still...

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
Years
Gio I loved the game and the concept I just felt bad that it ended so early :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
lesson learned: don't try and lynch someone who is easly salty and would reveal the assassin's target early in the game.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
giphy.gif

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Mafia games and storytelling aren't easy, but if you're going to bother hosting one, you ought to know a basic beginning, middle, and end. You know nobody will reveal early, so leave hints in posts to keep people talking or guessing (and starting drama). The middle is where things tend to heat up or get worse for your heroes, so give them light at the end of the tunnel or let them know their doom is near. The end needs to wrap up quickly and not be drawn out for ages, which is why it's good the mods here added the rule that games have to end when Mafia outnumber Innos.

In the case of a game like aSoIaF, things are winding down. I've got a few events left to lead us to the end though, since I don't want to just slowly whittle people down energy-wise.

Back