• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

gotta go fast

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
  • what's the quickest you've beaten the main story of a pokemon game?

i've been watching a lot of GDQ pokemon speedruns and I'm gonna try and learn to speedrun Pokemon Blue this summer. anyone else share an interest in that, or is it just me?

Years
  • I'm not really that interested in Sppedrunning tbh, but I remember I used to playthrough FireRed all the time and could complete it pretty quickly, I think my best is like 11 hours or something, which I did over the course of two days.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • I've never done a true speed run but I think my fastest is like 15-17 hours. Everytime I try to be a faster, I get too distracted by talking to all the NPCs and getting all the available non-hidden items even though I dont really need to lmao

pkmin3033

I think my fastest time for completion was around 8 hours with Diamond? I was insanely excited for it, so I blazed through it. Normally I take my time with the games though...I'm not in competition to finish them or anything, and even though I don't explore every area or talk to every NPC, I do like to do a bit of dex-filling whilst I play, and stick to a levelling schedule of sorts.

Years
  • Let me be the loser aberrant and say my fastest is eight days. To total up the hours played...I dunno, somewhere in the 25-30 range.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I can't remember the number of hours it took but I remember completing all of ORAS in about 2 or 3 days. I do sometimes watch speedruns but not the whole way through as it's hard to pay attention after a while. It's interesting watching some of the glitches they pull off in certain speedruns though as they can get super complex. I remember one glitch a speedrunner did to get to the Hall of Fame which involved Missingno, a bike and a lot of travelling through the void but it was really impressive. I find that part of speedrunning interesting! Otherwise though, it's not my thing as I'm not interested in rushing through a game.

Years
  • Black was probably the fastest completion of a main story for me. I did it in only 2-3 days after getting it for my birthday in 2011.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    10 hours for LeafGreen? I think that's the easiest game to speed through (in a non-speedrunning way). I do want to try finishing a game in one day in one sitting, Sapphire or Emerald probably.

Kartanaheart

Origami King
    Years
  • Pokemon moon I wouldn't say I finished too quick but it was by far the fastest I've ever gone through a Pokemon game. I started on the Friday it came out, and by Sunday I was already on the fourth island and already had caught that Dhelmise I wanted so bad.
    I only finished it later (like Dec 2) because I dawdled, not wanting the game to end so fast.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I guess my most recent run of Pokemon Blue? Finished under 100 hours, which is almost unheard of.

Back