• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chess Mafia! [Checkmate]

Abby

#freecoffee
Years

• Chess Mafia
    Traditionally, Mafia is a game played with two factions, the uninformed majority known as the innocents, and the informed minority known as the mafia. However, this game aims to flip this on it's head.

In this game, players shall be divided into two factions, the Black team & the White team. Each team's goal will be to eliminate the opposing team's King

Chess Mafia will also be played on a stats system, this is a PC originating system where each role is assigned health points & attack points. During the day phase, players must submit a message of who they wish to attack, in the format [ATTACK]Player. This will cause their health points to drop by the same number as your attack points. Once your health points reach 0, you are eliminated. There will also be a third stat in this game, agility. Your agility stat corresponds to the chance out of ten for you dodging any given attack. For example, if you had an agility of 1, and were attacked an d10 would be rolled, and if it landed on a 1 you would dodge it. Each attack will have an individual roll.

During the night phase, you may submit your night action. These are special abilities that vary from role to role.

Speaking of roles, why don't we get into them?

The Chess Pieces!

Both teams will receive the same roles.

Pawn (3x)

HP: 6
    AP: 1​
    Agility: 1​

The most common piece on the board, pawns can't do too much. If they make it to the fourth night however, something will happen

Rook (1x)

HP: 12​
    AP: 4​
    Agility: 2​

Able to sweep both vertically and horizontally across the board, the rook has the potential to do a lot of damage. During night phases, they can choose one person to not perform their night action.

Bishop (1x)

HP: 16​
    AP: 2​
    Agility: 1​

Large in stature and presence, the bishop has an impressive health stat. Due to their ability to diagonally move everywhere, they can snoop on the dead players, learning of their color

Knight (1x)

HP: 9​
    AP: 2​
    Agility: 4​

As they have such an obtuse pattern of movement, knights are able to dodge a lot of attacks. They can also fight back too, choosing a player to lose 2 HP at night.

Queen (1x)

HP: 15​
    AP: 3​
    Agility: 2​

The queen is usually regarded as the most important piece on the board due to her ability to move in every direction. She does have a caring nature, healing a player of her choice by 3hp each night.

King (1x)

HP: 20​
    AP: 1​
    Agility: 0​

The kingpin (get it) of each faction, the king is publicly known by all members of their faction. While they possess no special ability, they are integral to the game

Rules of the Board!

* All PokeCommunity rules apply to the chessboard.

* Please use [ATTACK]Player to format your vote. Failure to comply may result in your vote not being included. You may not change your vote.

* If you don't vote or post more than thrice for two consecutive days then you will be removed from the chessboard. If you know you'll go inactive please notify me.

* What happens on the chessboard stays on the chessboard!

* Upon death, you are allowed one death post. This may not reveal your role, your color, or any information/speculation.

* Send your night actions to me on Discord (Babby#1521).

* You may choose to abstain from attacking. If you do so format your vote as [NO ATTACK]

Players

Abby as The Grandmaster

gimmepie
    Salzorrah
    Uzumaki Naruto
    Bardothren
    TheCapsFan
    Johnny
    Decidueye
    Radiating
    HyperMorian
    jdthebud
    Aaron
    Vincent

Last edited:

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years

• Chess Mafia
    "Hey Mr. Fisher, do you know where these extra pawns went?"

"No I do not, Mr. Abby"

"You sure?"

"Affirmative"

"You still up for a game? As Grandmasters?"

24 Hours to submit your Actions!

Rules of the Board!

* Please use [ATTACK]Player to format your vote. Failure to comply may result in your vote not being included. You may not change your vote.

* If you don't vote or post more than thrice for two consecutive days then you will be removed from the chessboard. If you know you'll go inactive please notify me.

* Upon death, you are allowed one death post. This may not reveal your role, your color, or any information/speculation.

* You may choose to abstain from attacking. If you do so format your vote as [NO ATTACK]

Players

Abby as The Grandmaster

gimmepie
    Salzorrah
    Uzumaki Naruto
    Bardothren
    TheCapsFan
    Johnny
    Decidueye
    Radiating
    HyperMorian
    jdthebud
    Aaron
    Vincent

Every kind of in

Wow, this is finally a thing! In!

In. Stats is not exclusive to PC however this is the first forum I've seen it on.

Interesting, I'm in.

What could possibly go wrong (don't answer that)

In

I want to try out a mafia game, so why not? I'm in

Let me in.

this will be interesting

Sign me up.

Quite interesting, I'm in.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years

• Chess Mafia
    "Hey Mr. Fisher?"

""

"MR FISCHER!"

""

"MR FISCHER THE PIECES ARE MOVING BY THEMSELVES!"

48 Hours to submit your Votes!

Rules of the Board!

Players

Abby as The Grandmaster

gimmepie
    Salzorrah -2
    Uzumaki Naruto
    Bardothren
    TheCapsFan
    Johnny
    Decidueye
    Radiating
    HyperMorian
    jdthebud -2
    Aaron
    Vincent

Every kind of in

Wow, this is finally a thing! In!

In. Stats is not exclusive to PC however this is the first forum I've seen it on.

Interesting, I'm in.

What could possibly go wrong (don't answer that)

In

I want to try out a mafia game, so why not? I'm in

Let me in.

this will be interesting

Sign me up.

Quite interesting, I'm in.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • I got nothing, there are no roles that actually could have gotten info, and this game is two villages with no true lynches sooo... I suppose we all vote our gut?

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • If the Knights attacked each other, there would be a 16/25 chance that one of them would dodge. In short, the probability that both knights hit each other if they targeted each other is 9/25.

Now, combining that with the probability that both knights picked each other, which is 1/10 for each one or 1/100 combined, there is a 9/2500 chance that both knights targeted and hit each other.

Incidentally, that is .3599% more than my probability of getting a girlfriend.

Also, I'll just [Attack] Aaron because why not.

EDIT: oops, I forgot to factor in the fact that the Knights wouldn't attack their own king, which makes the math a lot easier.

Sorry to make you do all that, but the Knight Night attack is unaffected by Agility, probably should have clarified

Years
  • I'm pretty tempted to follow Johnny's lead atm tbh
    Not because of Bard's hasty voting, but because he made me look at math.

Back