• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Gen, game wise

Best generation's games?

• Gen 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gen 2

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Gen 3

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Gen 4

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Gen 5

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Gen 6

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Gen 7

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Hiii what was the best generation's games in your opinion? Including characters, region lore, Pokemon, mechanics etc

I've always wondered which is the most liked gen.. :)

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Definitely Gen 5. I love the Unova Pokémon, the characters were actually interesting and well-developed for once (a trend that seems to have gone backwards since then imo), and the Unova region has a ton of nooks and crannies that make exploring a hell of a lot of fun, as opposed to the relatively streamlined regions in most other generations.

Also introduced a bunch of cool features like Seasons, nearly all of which were inexplicably removed in the next generation ):

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • I believe that Generation 4 is the best region with the best games. I'm a sucker for lore and wow, this generation definitely brought it out. The lore of this game went throughout the main game to the post game, giving you a full experience. The game was paced out perfectly, so you wouldn't beat it in one go & has a lot of material in post game so you won't get bored right away once you beat it. + The game itself gave a bit more challenge to the player, which I like. The characters are well-rounded with Barry being a competitive rival without being a jerk & Team Galactic giving enough spunk and spook. Also, this Generation gave a lot of previous Pokémon more love and added a lot of great Pokémon too! :)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Gen 4.

DPPT are my all time favourites, though I would say S/M are almost on-level with them, just not quite. Sinnoh is my absolute favourite region, and the music, plot, characters, Pokémon.. everything just went right imo.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Gen 5 is enjoyable and seems more fun and unique on it's own way, the pokemon tournament and add some fundamental twist to the story. So right off the bat is Gen 5. Despite this every generation have it's charms.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Surprised at the zero votes for 1-3 and 7 tbh. I thought there'd be more people with those as favorites haha.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Perhaps gen 1 was the starting point for pokemon so it's nothing new just the gameboy game, with some game-bending glitches, gen 2 was next step of introducing several types and fixes and people find it bit less enjoy than the remake though and gen 3 was enjoyable at remake of gen1, but viably the postgame doesn't excite anyone. I'm sure someone will vote for gen7 because several people do/don't enjoy trials than gyms.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    (although the lack of good Fire types is something Sinnoh will be made fun of forever, I guess)
    they sorta fixed it in Platinum at least

tho I wonder what possessed them to include a Fire type E4 member in Diamond/Pearl when they had literally all of 2-3 Fire type lines

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • they sorta fixed it in Platinum at least

tho I wonder what possessed them to include a Fire type E4 member in Diamond/Pearl when they had literally all of 2-3 Fire type lines

Hey, don't insult Flint's awesome Fire type team of...Rapidash and Infernape. Yeah.

As for favourite generation, 4th for reasons that have been basically spammed in this thread, but I'll tl;dr it - plot/lore/characters/Pokemon/music.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Used to be gen 4, as that is what I started with, but I've overcome my nostalgia, and gen 7 is my new favorite.

Years
  • Generation V. That was when they really started with the improvements in games: graphical, story, characters, Pokemon designs (well, walking Hefty bag notwithstanding).

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    I loved original silver so much and I don't know how I didn't wear my cartridge out as a kid playing it constantly and starting and restarting. Sapphire though always seems to be my home in terms of fav mechanics and actual game play + pokemon I 100% love.

HOWEVER GEN 7 CHANGED THINGS UP and I'm kind of unexpectedly in love guys

Years
  • I would have to give with Gen 2 here Because i got so many good memories with it
    Like traveling through route 29 for the first time Trying to find a pidgey

Or Silver which was by favorite rival by far I found his character interesting as he was pretty much always rude to you and it was never explained why (Until gen 4 that is)

I did not mind the bad graphics Because for it's time it looked pretty great and still to this day I respect gen 2 for that particular reason.

Jakuzure

The Snake
    Years
  • Generation three is my favourite mostly due to the music, the improved graphics over the first two generations and the Pokemon introduced, and I also liked the introduction of the Contests and both Team Aqua and Team Magma.

Gen One is my next favourite though. I find the originals hard to beat mostly due to the nostalgia, plus some of my favourite Pokemon are from Gen One. Plus Team Rocket. They've always been my favourite villains. :3

Back