• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New trailer reveals Starter Pokémon Z-moves and Ultra Beasts!

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
  • Huh. I didn't expect them to release another trailer... I've seen everything thats in it already, but it is still cool.

Years
  • So we finally get Alolan Diglett line and the starter Z-Moves revealed officially, leaving only Geodude's line as the only Alolan Form not to be officially revealed pre-release.

Didn't expect official Xurkitree (UB-03 Lighting) and Guzzlord (UB-05 Glutton) reveal either, since they weren't shown in CoroCoro yet the two that were shown there didn't appear in this trailer.

Well, that's it for pre-release trailers! Looking forward to getting Moon this Saturday.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • So we finally get Alolan Diglett line and the starter Z-Moves revealed officially, leaving only Geodude's line as the only Alolan Form not to be officially revealed pre-release.

Didn't expect official Xurkitree (UB-03 Lighting) and Guzzlord (UB-05 Glutton) reveal either, since they weren't shown in CoroCoro yet the two that were shown there didn't appear in this trailer.

Well, that's it for pre-release trailers! Looking forward to getting Moon this Saturday.

You might want to put that
    Spoiler:
    in spoiler tags. Not everyone knows about that yet.

MKC

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2023
    I feel like I'm gonna be using Incineroar's Z-move on every single battle, I can't get over the way he smiles, and that roar was awesome!
    I also love Primarina's animation, specially the ending when she bows.

UB-03 Looks amazing! I already knew it existed because of those annoying YT thumbnails, but seeing it in motion is 100 times better, the way it twitches around looks really creepy, I find it really cool.

DarkDon43

Delta Shock Creator
    Years
  • OOF! I had no idea I just caught a Alolan Diglett and my starters are all level 17 I'll keep a eye out for their items

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I really liked Primarina's Z-move, I'm now more excited to have it on my team. :3

I don't know about you, but that UB battle music is cool beans. The way they powered up in the trailer(is that that their own Z-power or something else?) with that music playing gave me chills and actually seemed intimidating.

That gameplay they showed after the reveals was really neat, it was like a little send-off before we'll get the games in 4 days.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • I really liked Primarina's Z-move, I'm now more excited to have it on my team. :3

I don't know about you, but that UB battle music is cool beans. The way they powered up in the trailer(is that that their own Z-power or something else?) with that music playing gave me chills and actually seemed intimidating.

That gameplay they showed after the reveals was really neat, it was like a little send-off before we'll get the games in 4 days.

9 for me :)

Years
  • I know I already saw these Z-Move animations and I love all of them, but if I had to choose Primarina's Oceanic Operetta is still the one that wins me over. I was a Team Popplio supporter from the beginning, remember. Noticed people are now bringing up Spirit Bomb comparisons with its animation hahahahaha

Also, confirmation of Triple and Rotation Battles removed:
    Spoiler:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • How on earth does that hairdo give the Diglett line a Steel typing? Meanwhile, Smogon is already calling it inferior to the original for lacking Arena Trap, but I thought it and Shadow Tag were banned? Adding those two new Ultra Beasts, that gives us about 7 of them in the game so far.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I really love how Incenaroar's smile during his Z-Move. I love all 3, although Decidueye doesn't really have any emotion in its. Also Primarina can sue a water spirit bomb lol.

But the Z-Move animation is making me want to make my main game a girl. The Z-Move animations just look so much better and match better are the female and just looks dumb when the boy does it.

I was surprised they reveled all of the UBs before the game came out.

I really hate Dugtrio's look. Even more so now. It just looks stupid in battle. At least Ampharos looked badass and could sue the excuse that the hair was wool. But this.... the hell...

Years
  • How on earth does that hairdo give the Diglett line a Steel typing? Meanwhile, Smogon is already calling it inferior to the original for lacking Arena Trap, but I thought it and Shadow Tag were banned? Adding those two new Ultra Beasts, that gives us about 7 of them in the game so far.

Arena Trap doesn't work on Flying and Ghost-types as well as Pokemon with Levitate.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Meanwhile, Smogon is already calling it inferior to the original for lacking Arena Trap, but I thought it and Shadow Tag were banned?

The idea of suspect testing Arena Trap was brought up, but last I checked they decided to just suspect test Mega Sableye instead and not Arena Trap.

It's admittedly not completely crazy to call Alolan Diglett/Dugtrio inferior, given that trapping abilities are straight up busted (which makes it stranger that people really preferred to suspect M-Sable alone and not suspect both).

The Tangled Hair ability is still something to look at though; losing Speed for tapping it isn't something to scoff at I would think.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Also, confirmation of Triple and Rotation Battles removed:
    Spoiler:

Oh noo :o I love triple battles <3
    Really, this is something I wish they wouldn't remove. A new generation of Pokemon + new moves + new abilities = new strategy not only for single and double battles, but for triple battles too. Which I won't be able to play now :(

Years
  • Oh noo :o I love triple battles <3
    Really, this is something I wish they wouldn't remove. A new generation of Pokemon + new moves + new abilities = new strategy not only for single and double battles, but for triple battles too. Which I won't be able to play now :(

Think about it - trainers now stand behind the Pokemon constantly in battle and that takes up space. Also, Triple and Rotation Battles in 6th Gen suffered so much lag, and if we add the aforementioned trainer always stands behind their Pokemon it'll be so laggy that it's literally unplayable.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Think about it - trainers now stand behind the Pokemon constantly in battle and that takes up space. Also, Triple and Rotation Battles in 6th Gen suffered so much lag, and if we add the aforementioned trainer always stands behind their Pokemon it'll be so laggy that it's literally unplayable.

Yeah well I'm sure the trainer standing could have been optionnal if they wanted to keep the triple battles. I suspect they simply remove it because it wasn't popular, like rotation battle (I personnally never saw anyone liking them hehe).

Back