• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I think it's strange that a lot of people forget that Hollywood movies aren't the only movies out there. There are some absolutely brilliant movies made in-house by smaller studios around the world. Has anyone ever been to a film festival?

And I quite liked the Hobbit a lot :33

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I dont get to see The Hobbit because my mom hates violence in films, and I dont feel like going by myself.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
That's a shame that your mom doesn't like action choreography. I find it really cool how movies do their stunts. Some of my ABSOLUTE fav are action fighting and stunts by Jackie Chan.. he is awesome! *_*

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I don't go to see movies much anymore. You pay money to sit in a gross theater and have to deal with the reactions of strangers. (; Depending on where you live, it might be cheaper to buy the movie than to go with someone else (once it's out, obviously).

But it's still enjoyable, in my opinion. Too bad the one near my house has closed down.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Same. As childish as it sounds, I'm not real big on movies; I end up bored and my mind wanders. I don't exactly have the best attention span, unless I'm reading a book I like or something.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I think it's strange that a lot of people forget that Hollywood movies aren't the only movies out there. There are some absolutely brilliant movies made in-house by smaller studios around the world. Has anyone ever been to a film festival?

And I quite liked the Hobbit a lot :33
Never been to a film festival, but I've seen a few independent movies, and I think What's Eating Gilbert Grape starring Johnny Depp was an independent film, right? Even if it wasn't, that was a gem all its own.

Years
I saw Lincoln a while back. I think I might be one of the rare people who enjoyed the talking and the relatively simplistic back-end proto-lobbying. xD

But yeah I wanna see the Hobbit too. Maybe when I get back to LA...

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Some of my friends seen The Hobbit, but I don't plan on it. I never got into all that stuff.

While typing the above, I went just a slight bit deaf because my cellphone was too near to my headphones and it made that loud noise. D:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't like movies enough to sit through an independent film festival. :(

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Heck, I don't like movies enough to sit through one of them some of the time. T: Which is why I end up watching bits and pieces of movies I like, instead of the entire thing at once.

Years
I don't like movies enough to sit through an independent film festival. :(
Yeah, that's kind of like committing to going to an all you can eat buffet without knowing what they're serving first.

I love streaming movies. I've probably watched the first ten minutes of several dozen movies now.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I love streaming movies. I've probably watched the first ten minutes of several dozen movies now.
...For some reason, I find this quite funny. Is it cool with you if I put it in my signature?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I know I like all food though so an all-you-can-eat buffet is A-OK with me no matter what.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
All you can eat pizza buffet > Everything else.

I find this kinda sad, but I actually know a guy that got kicked out of a all you can eat buffet, for eating to much.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Well then a short-film festival is always an option. You don't have to sit through all of it. And there are usually other things going on, too. Some are free, too.. depends on where you are. :3

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
They say every person is weak towards either sugar, fat, or salt, and that's why I can't help myself at Chinese buffets. The soy sauce is just too much for my love of beef and broccoli. I just can't get enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back