• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reddit First World Problems

Years
  • Ever since I signed on to Reddit, it has been quite awesome to use indeed. However, despite my usage of it being relatively clean so far, I did get banned from one sub earlier this year. That sub being /r/writingprompts. Yes, I made a mistake of making a prompt that would be potentially rulebreaking and yes, I got a ban. But fact is, I am NOT a rulebreaker by nature and that mistake was just that: a mistake. Sadly, the mods are EXTREMELY unhelpful on this matter... Sorry if I'm bothering anyone with this but really, I wanted to get this off my chest.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Honestly I never really understood Reddit. To me it just seems like one big hot mess.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Just make a new account and write more prompts

Years
    • Online now
    I do like reading Reddit frequently since you can get a variety of topics and opinions on almost anything.

However I have no purpose or desire to create an account, and I probably never will. I can see how poorly designed the voting system is, since if you disagree with
    the majority opinion the comment you make is likely to be buried. I've seen instances of this where it just comes across as a mob mentality.

A smaller reason is that I don't like the humor at all.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Meh, happens to the best of us. Nothing to be ashamed of just move on and keep writing. o/

I've never really understood reddit either tbh. I think I've made a total of like 10 posts.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Reddit is nice for finding info about games I enjoy, but for the most part... I agree with one of the above comments, in that it's kind of a hot mess.

You could do writing prompts on other sides, too, if you decide that Reddit isn't the best way to go!

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • i go on reddit to look at monster hunter stuff and discussions because generally the rants people have are pretty funny to read. otherwise i just go on the r/ambien board when i'm super fucked up and read peoples experiences and feel some sort of Bond. i don't really like the format of reddit though so i don't usually post shit or use my account for that matter.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • The other day, a fan was genuinely giving an honest opinion on how he was excited for Sword and Shield, despite the disappointment of the national dex. The comments for the post were unbelievably rude and had a genwunner-ish vibe to them.
    Though you get a ton of information from Reddit, the community there is filled with all sorts of people, who sometimes form mobs of hate.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2021
    I go on reddit a ton, because you can read opinions on basically everything. Don't post there majority of the time though. The only subreddit I visit and participate in is the LLSIF subreddit.

Deleted member 691924

r/lostmedia is my friend in time of boredom

Back