The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Custom Game Development
Team Recruitment/Volunteering

Custom Game Development Your number one stop for anything related to creating games (except ROM hacks). You can even make your own!

Old February 13th, 2017 (7:01 PM).

Area looking for work: Developer
Relevant examples of your work: I have a game in progress, and Microsoft Technology Associate in C# and Programming Concepts.
Preferred method of contact: Skype: totoxblaster108
Additional information: I have to see potential in the game.

Relevant Advertising!

Old March 1st, 2017 (8:32 PM).

Send a message via Skype™ to Byrdboi
Area looking for work: I am a musician, and I could possibly help with story writing.
Relevant examples of your work: If you're interested, just message me and I'll send you one of my projects.
Preferred method of contact: I'd prefer being pm'd before getting messages via some other method.
Additional information: Please keep in mind that I'm new to writing music. Don't hesitate to tell me of don't like my work.
Old March 18th, 2017 (9:59 AM). Edited March 18th, 2017 by GiggleX.

Position(s) being recruited for: C# Unity Developer
Team name: (no name yet)
Team members:

"Helio": Server Developer
"GiggleX": Mapper, Models, Animations

Game title: (no name yet)
Current progress made:

Pretty much everything technical is done already, but needs rework for Multiplayer.

Screenshots:
(I know that some shadows are missing, these are only test maps).
Preferred method of contact: Skype: wowfreak3000, Discord: GiggleX#6746 or a PM here
Additional Informations:We are aiming for an MMO with progression in regions. First, Kanto with 151 Pokémon will be released, then Johto, Hoenn and the other ones. We want to include new systems that were never seen before in a Pokémon game, like housing, character levels, unlockables, achievements, and much more.
Old March 21st, 2017 (10:32 AM). Edited March 21st, 2017 by ~Angel~.
Lead developer for Pokémon Millennium

Nature: Quiet
Before you go on and read what I'm looking for, I want to state the reason for recruitment. I'm recruiting because it's getting tiring to work alone and never see any progress further than what I've gotten to. When I started the project itself it was for the sole intention of using for a school project that was meant to be done so I could graduate. In the end it was going to be all done by me. But I gave up that idea when I ended up never doing the school assignment itself. I finally opened up to the idea and said I wanted to make it a community thought. This project will be a collaboration of whoever wants to work on it with me. You'll get the up most highest respect and honor if volunteering. I've done everything I can to recruit people, from begging, to asking if I can pay them, I've been working on this for as long as I can. So please, if you feel the need, thank you for reading, and hope to see you on the team for future progress.

Position(s) being recruited for:
- Someone capable of making 4th-gen style overworld sprites.

- A person capable of composing custom music to fit the theme of the areas, battle music, etc.

- A scripter, someone who would be willing to work with the mess of creating the scripts, more than one person can be on this, so long as they can work with others.

- An eventer. Someone who would be willing to help make events come to life, and seem way better than they currently are.

- Tileset creators, someone who could make new tiles, modify what's currently in the game, and make a fresh new look for it, add more detail to what the overworld already is, so on.

- Mappers, people willing to assist with map design, make a flow happen, and cause it to just.. Work, better than any of the maps I've made.

Team name: Team Millennium

Team members: Just me currently.

Game title: Pokemon Millennium - Possible changes to it later.

Current progress made: The current progress on the game has been slow in the past 4 years since my last project, but over the time I've learned how to manipulate vectors and make them. This has allowed me to make a lot better looking designs and work on new things that I haven't quite been able to achieve before, thus resulting in a much better looking game. Maps have been slow with only 2 of them having actual events on them, most of the events are long, tedious and might bore the players, hence why others are being looked for. As for that, most of the UI designs have been done and are ready to be scripted into the game with the exception of the primary UI for the player HUD, this is going through a rework. The same goes for the Pokedex which is going to go through a rework so it's no longer a list format, and perhaps becomes a format like that of the HGSS one. There are more than two maps in the game, there's about 10 including a few test maps for specific tiles and such, just to make sure they fit well together.

Link to the game's PokéCommunity thread OR At least 4 screenshots unique to your game: These are following mock ups, and designs taken from the game and it's previous designs, they're not completely 100% in game, but some things such as the save system have been somewhat modified to fit into the game with the exception of not having the location of the player. Enjoy.

Spoiler:

Preferred method of contact: If you would like to join in on the fun in creating the game with me, and whoever else joins, feel free to contact me! The best place to get me is Discord currently, but I do have other methods of contact! You can add me on Discord, or join the group I've set up for it. You can also contact me on Skype; FohlenETech. Or here on PokeCommunity. I may be slow at responding however.

My Discord is: Grace#4860
The Discord group is: https://discord.gg/HSK8bNM

Additional information: There's no further information towards this post except what was written in the first little paragraph. Thank you again for reading and hope to see you there. Also please note there will be a thread on the game later down the road once enough progress is made. I know, it's silly not to make a thread, problem is I don't have everything ready to make a thread for it just yet, I'm still working on credits as there's a lot of them. So it makes it difficult to have everything ready to go.
Old March 22nd, 2017 (4:40 PM).
Now the secret final Boss of every game you know.

Nature: Quirky
Hey guys!
I'll just do like all of you :D
I want to join a team.
I'm a good storywriter (By that I mean story, lore, and dialogues), if you want something a little different from basic Pokémon recipe I'm the guy to ring :D
I'm also not bad at character design Pokémon Style, or even Fakemons (still just design).
Ring me up on PM :)
Have a nice day.
Old 4 Weeks Ago (3:50 AM).
Developing Pokémon Alibi

Nature: Naive
Position(s) being recruited for:
-A Scripter, someone who is well acquainted with the RGSS system and can help add features to the game.
-A Spriter, someone capable of creating generation 4 style battle sprites for custom trainers.
Team name:
Team Firebolt
Team members:
Kirlial - Overworld Sprites
sukoshijon - Music Composer
Game title:
Pokémon Firebolt
Current progress made:
-97% Demo Mapping
-40% Demo Events
-0% Demo Additional Features
-80% Demo Characters
-90% Story
Link to the game's PokéCommunity thread
Preferred method of contact:
Private Message on the Forums

Jake - Spirit - King - Rocky - Dotty - Mothra
Pokemon HeartGold Randomised Nuzlocke - 4/04/17

Demo Coming Soon
Old 3 Weeks Ago (12:54 AM).

Positions being recruited for:
  • A spriter who is able to create proper Gen 5 style sprites
  • Someone who can create and edit tiles in a specific style (Red-Ex's style mostly)
  • A spriter who is able to create gen 5 style overworld sprites
  • A composer, who would like to create some soundtracks to emphasize the atmosphere of the game
  • A scripter, who can work properly with Ruby
  • A competitive player to help with balancing the game
Team name: Team Dynasty
Team members: Currently just me, Lionhearted. If you want to know something about me, just pm me.
Game title: Pokemon Dynasty
Current progress made: A lot of the game is already planned out, I am currently working on a few graphics and maps. Updating the game to Gen7 is also in progress. Some scripting is done already, too.
Screenshots and description
Spoiler:

Pokemon Dynasty is meant to become a fusion of two completely different games: Pokemon and Dark Souls. They might not seem to be compatible, but after thinking about it a lot, I came to the conclusion, that with a lot of adjusting, an overhauled leveling system, a deep and complex story and an unconventional gameplay (for Pokemon) one might be able to fuse these games to create an original fangame.

Preferred method of contact: Private Message on PC
Additional information: I am well aware, that the information given about Pokemon Dynasty is not much. But since I don't want to spoil to much yet, I hope it is nonetheless enough and if you are interested, just pm me to get to know more about Dynasty.
Old 2 Weeks Ago (4:07 AM).
Pokemon-vn Boss

Nature: Lonely
1. I'm looking for these positions:
- Pixel Artist (about 2)
- Coder (at least 1)

2. Project Title: Pokémon Master League

3. Team Name: PMLD Fangame

4. Current Team Members:
- Leon Draceus (Game Director, Designer, Mapper)
- Miyuki Aoi (Artist)
- Xertal (Artist)
- Nemurin (Pixel Artist)
- Ele_demaru (Mapper, Animator)
- Avimario (Mapper, Editor)
- a2xs (Editor)

5. Progress/Screenshots:
Spoiler:

6. Method of Contact:
- Discord: LeonDraceus#4253
- Twitter: @DraceusLeon

7. Additional Information: We have PMLD Team server on Discord. If you join the staff team, I'd like you to join it so we could interact with each other easier.

I'm looking forward to working with you!
Old 2 Weeks Ago (4:38 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Ras!.
Just passing by...

Nature: Relaxed
Free agent looking for work
Area looking for work: Mapping
Relevant examples of your work:
Spoiler:

Preferred method of contact: PM or Discord: Ras#8922
Old 6 Days Ago (2:42 PM).
Lead Dev in Pokémon Chaos

Nature: Adamant

Position(s) being recruited to:

• Tile Artist
Requirements:

• Should have skills in creating tiles for buildings, interiors and environments
  • Should have an adaptable style
  • Must be able to communicate well
Team Members:
  • Me (Lead Designer/UI Designer/Tile Artist/Spriter/Mapper/Scripter)
  • FireBirdsnIceDragons (Concept Artist)
  • CaeusDoom (Composer)
Game Title:
  • Pokémon Order & Pokémon Chaos
Current Progress Made:
  • Demo featuring 3 Gyms
  • 68% of maps complete
  • Currently implementing Fakemon Concept art
Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Preferred Method of Contact:
  • Pokecommunity Private Message