• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen My quest for a shiny starter (Fennekin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbon

The Queen of Shinx
Years
  • Ive watched the entire series of Friends again to help with the monotony, i was expecting it to be done by now.

Really though i cant give up now can i bros?

No you can't. At this point, it's going to show up soon and once you do, you'll be so damn relieved that you'll shed manly/girly tears of joy.

So keep it up. And keep us updated. :)

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    You couldn't possibly try and give up now. You've gone so far. I thought I was going to go crazy SRing for a Modest Froakie. I only had to do it for 7 hours before getting Modest.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    5700. I seem to be doing less these days. I was doing like 400 SRs a day when i first started.

Gotta get it up to at least 300, heh.

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
    Years
  • 5700. I seem to be doing less these days. I was doing like 400 SRs a day when i first started.

Gotta get it up to at least 300, heh.

Gotta keep your momentum! You need that for more SR's ^^

By the way i want to know, when will you save your game before reseting it? (i might as well try if i got my hands on X or Y) ^^

Good luck! {XD}

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    Gotta keep your momentum! You need that for more SR's ^^

By the way i want to know, when will you save your game before reseting it? (i might as well try if i got my hands on X or Y) ^^

Good luck! {XD}

Just before you sit down with your friends at the table. I saved one space away, then when i SR i walk into it to initiate it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    6000! Weeeeo, but still nothing.

I've just realised.. i bought Pokemon Y on the 14th. Its the 4th now.. like 20 days and i still haven't played this.

Quinn

Shall we get down to business?
    Years
  • See for me its getting a shiny starter, making sure it has perfect IV's and the nature and all that i want so not only would i have to do a million SR but then go threw a crap ton of shiny's to find the one... and that, that's just crazy. though a shiny Tepig is something i dream about.

TyRobot

Thanks Obamasnow!
    Years
  • 6000! Weeeeo, but still nothing.

I've just realised.. i bought Pokemon Y on the 14th. Its the 4th now.. like 20 days and i still haven't played this.

You, sir are an inspiration to us all...we shall erect a monument in your likeness one day (soon we hope)! If you ever need some good eggs or pokemon, hit me up. I'm sure I'll be balls deep in Ditto hunting for a week or two more...

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • I sure hope you will get one soon! Bugs me that the intro of this game is quite long compared to the other games though :( You need to talk to your friends, pick a nickname, choose your starter, walk away and battle with one of your friends to know if it's shiny or not... (like in R/S/E you could save just before you choose your starter and battle right away, was a quite fast way of knowing if you have a shiny or not. And I liked the mechanism in HG/SS as well that you could see if the starter was shiny when picking your pokemon when the image pops up which Pokemon is in which Pokeball). :\

But I had to reset for 3 hrs to get my female Fennekin, but a shiny takes alot more effort. You have done such a great job, would be sad to give up all your effort and patience! :o I'll cheer you on to get one soon! ;)

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    good luck with that mate! and god speed :)

screenshot if ever you got one please!

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2014
    It only took me 47 soft resets to get my shiny Froakie. I traded it over to my main game in Pokemon X and now I'm trying to get a shiny Fennekin, but I'm at 50 and still nothing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back