• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014 - Poison

Which are your favorite Poison types?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 26, 2023
My vote goes to the Gengar line, hands down. It's been my favorite for a while now, both competitively and in-game. It's adorable (yes, adorable) and it's speed is pretty flipping fantastic.

Also, shiny Mega Gengar is a beast. Sickest shiny ever, in my eyes. T-T

Years
Arbok and Seviper

I love me some snakes. Arbok is the classic, with Jessie's being possibly her best Pokemon.

Seviper is just an awesome dude. Words cannot describe how cool it is.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
The Bulbasaur>Ivysaur>Venusaur line is my favourite, hands down. Again, it's typing isn't the greatest, but not only is Bulbasaur one of my favourite Pokemon design wise, Venusaur also gets a cool new mega, wonderful stats and a even better ability to match. Both competitively and for casual play, it's one of my most loved Pokemon.

Years
Venasaur, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Crobat, Gengar, Ariados, Roserade, Seviper, Dragalge.
Venasaur was my first Pokemon, game-wise.
Nido lines are always awesome and fun to use.
Crobat has been a fav ever since I used it in Emerald to destroy the E4.
Gengar, Ariados, and Roserade look great and are pretty useful.
Seviper because it can totally beat Arbok.
Dragalge because Dragon/Poison is awesome and I took me the longest to get.

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
Arbok
Seviper
Roserade
Skuntank

Arbok and seviper are my first and second favourite pokemon(absol is third)
Roserade is a nice UU sweeper, i used it a lot in fith gen.
Skuntank is there because I love it's derpiness, so ADORABLE!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Venusaur, Nidoking, Crobat, Roserade, Seviper, Toxicroak, and Scolipede

I'm not sure how to explain. I've loved Bulbasaur since forever, and Nidoking has always been a favorite of mine. Crobat randomly became my love one day and 'm not sure why. Roserade is a graceful thorn and I love her. Seviper is sleek and venomous, and I love his rivalry with my bby Zangoose. Toxicroak is just cool and appealing, and Scolipede is epic.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Gengar, Golbat and Nidoking get my votes. They are all great, original pokémon who are fun to use.

I love Bulbasaur to bits but I really hope I'll get the chance to vote for it in Grass type poll instead? If not, uh, please add Bulbasaur-family to my votes when you count, Brendan ;)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Of all poison-types out there, I'm very fond of Gengar, personally. First and foremost, it's got a theory surrounding itself implying as if it's some shadow of Clefairy, which I find to be quite intriguing. Next, I love its design. For a ghost like Gengar, I believe it's very well-suited. As far as battling goes, it's super-easy to utilize; have used it before myself, and it never ceased to fail me in any possible way.

After Gengar, comes Toxicroak. It doesn't look so bad in terms of appearance, but the reason why I'm personally fond of this Pokémon is its battling skills. Competitively, it plays amazingly, and could take down a bunch of your opponents before you even know.

Aside from those, two of my other favorites are Nidoking and Crobat.

Years
Gengar is my all-time favourite Pokémon, so I voted for it by default. But I also really like Crobat, so I gave that a vote, too.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
With the addition of its mega gengar is a new and improved threat and dragalge has a sweet type combo so I gotta go with those two :)

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Swalot only has nine votes?? I voted for Swalot, Ariados, and Dragalge.

Swalot is the weird stomach thing from Hoenn that can pretty much eat anything whole, Ariados is the toxic spider from Johto who is actually pretty useful in XD, and Dragalge is the awesome algae from Kalos who has one of the best type combos ever.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 5, 2018
Where is the beedrill and dustox line, I love those critters.

Anyways voted scrollipede because of how useful it is.

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
Honestly I've grown to love every poison type i've played through the Poison Monotype challenges i've done.

Years
Arbok, Nidoqueen, Seviper and Skuntank :)

Nidoqueen and Skuntank I've used on in-game teams before and they're two of my favourites from each of their respective gens :) With the two snake Pokémon, it's mainly cause I love snakes haha but also Jessie's in the anime made me love them even more :)

Years
What another busy week here in the Favorite Pokemon Tournament! This matchup featured the best of the best Poison-type Pokemon, and one family left all of the others in their smog. After a week of voting, you selected Gastly, Haunter and Gengar as your favorite Poison-type Pokemon. In an interesting turn of events, this is the third different category the Gengar family has been a part of the past 2 years, and it's won every single poll it's been a part of. What's even more interesting was that I wasn't originally going to include this family, since I figured I'd wait until we did the Ghost-type polls- good thing I didn't! As for second place, Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venusaur take that honor, and have earned a place in one of our wildcard polls later on.

If you haven't already, have a quick look to see who won the Ice type poll, and then make your way over to the Rock and Bug type polls to submit your votes for this week!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2014
Nidoking,just that he is really cool,and a great attacker

also I like poison types because the have lots of cool moves

Back