• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014 - Poison

Which are your favorite Poison types?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • jfpc4lR.png

Welcome to the second annual Favorite Pokémon Tournament here in the Pokémon Polls board, where our goal is to determine the favorite Pokémon of the users here at the PokéCommunity! This will be a tournament that lasts several months, where we'll pit almost all the Pokémon from different types together to determine a winner. After we know the winner of each type, we'll add all of those Pokémon to a final poll, where the winner(s) will be crowned champion, and be known as PokéCommunity's favorite Pokémon!

If you haven't had the opportunity, please read the Rules/FAQ to find out more about the tournament:

Spoiler:

NOTE: Because of the limited number of poll spaces, not all eligible Pokémon have been included. If you want to vote for an unlisted Poison-type, check the "Other Pokémon" option represented by a (?), and leave a post with your vote.

Now that you know what the tournament is all about, what are you waiting for? Polls will remain open until September 27th, so get voting!

Previous Winners:

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    While Zubat can be a pain in caves, it actually evolves into a great Pokemon. I caught a Zubat once in Diamond since I needed a flying type and didn't know what to use - and I don't regret it! It's strong, it's fast and the design is awesome. I wound up using one again in SoulSilver and in Sapphire, it instantly became one of my most used Pokemon!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Arbok, Toxicroak, Seviper, and Roserade got my votes on this one. The first three because snakes and frogs are kinda cool. I also kinda liked Roserade's design, and she's one of the few Grass types I like.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Bulbasaur gets my first vote because it was the first poison type Pokémon ever! Plus, bugs can give up trying to kill it!

Lastly to Zubat for being a classic bloodsucker. Plus, poison flying is a prettty good combo.

Years
  • The toxic gems who I voted for:

Zubat line: Used to not be a fan of Zubat, until I learned how amazingly good Crobat was. Now I actually enjoy using the line, where in White 2 I am currently using a Crobat myself who learns some pretty good moves at decent levels.

Gastly line: Gengar is fast and a powerful special attacker. And of course it's a fan fave of many Pokemon players.

Nidos: Both of the Nido lines specifically. Nidoking and Nidoqueen are very versatile with their interesting type combination and the diversity with their moves. I like Nidoqueen's line slightly better of the two but both have their niches.

Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume: Another 1st Gen Poison-type fave of mine. Oddish's line are in fact my fave 1st Gen Grass-types as well, and I do love Vileplume myself.

Skorupi line: I used to not be a fan of this one, but the performance of Rumba the Drapion in Marriland's Black 2 Wedlocke really changed that. Sadly she fell to Shauntal's Chandelure, but she did a really great role during her time with the team. Drapion's minimal weaknesses and good stats make it a great team member.

Venipede line: Again, another one I used to not like but ever since Wren the Scolipede from Marriland's Black Wedlocke managed to survive all the way to the end I did start appreciating the giant centipede more. It's actually one of those very good Bug-types, with the speed and power to make it a powerful team member.

Stunky line: One of my fave Poison-types, because for a long time I always felt like there had to be a skunk Pokemon and come 4th Gen, that wish was granted. Also, Poison/Dark is one of the most interesting combinations type-wise.

Budew line: Another fave Grass/Poison line of mine, because I often find myself using Roserade a lot. It's a really great special attacker and it does look beautiful so no wonder why.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Ariados, Roserade, Skuntank, Toxicroak & Drapion.

I really found it difficult to choose a specific Poison Pokemon as I have many favourites from this selection. I chose the above five since I've used all of them in different generations and just found them to be so useful in playthroughs. Out of all of them though, Ariados is probably my favourite.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    My votes go to Venusaur, Nidoking, Gengar, Weezing, Roserade, Skuntank, Drapion, Scolipede, and the Zubat line. I also love me some Venomoth and Victreebel. All of these look awesome (or, in Weezing's case, derptastic) and are fun to use.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Poison types, really starting to like them - votes: Grimer/Muk, Spinarak/Ariados, Stunky/Skuntank, Skorupi/Drapion, Venipede/Whirlipede/Scolipede

My #1 vote goes to Stunky & Skuntank, not just for it's awesome design, great animations (in Amie), + part dark (I already love dark types), but also I love skunks in real life.

Years
  • I voted for Dragalge, Roserade, Vileplume, and Crobat.

Though I do also like the Nidos/Venusaur/Arbok/Skuntank lines.

Dragalge is my favorite gen 6 pokemon as well. Who would of though a rotting kelp pokemon could be so beautiful?

Years
  • Yay, another super fun one here!

Scolipede - Do I seriously need to explain this one like I have more times than I care to count? My second favorite Pokémon of all time. Enough said.

Nidoking - This one doesn't have the greatest stats in the world, but it does have plenty of moves and looks cool. Sheer Force in Gens V and VI made it even more fun to use.

Gengar - What more can I say? The original Ghost-type, still kicking butt over 15 years later.

Roserade - One of those really cool Grass-types with a neat design, those red and blue flowers topped with the white hair or whatever it is on its head, combined with a killer Special Attack stat, makes it really memorable for me.

And I forgot to vote Crobat, I only just remembered that one, but I love that one since it evolves from a Pokémon so many people hate...okay, not really, but it is actually quite good and fast, and with Acrobatics in Gens V and VI it got even cooler.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • I honestly voted for all of them becuase I live Poison types. Although not the best type all around, they have awesome designs and battoe capabilities to boot. Bulbasaur was always my favorite Kanto Starter and Seviper is so great.

Except Stunky and Stunktank. They are my least favourite Pokemon. I hate that stupid thing. >:( Everything else is pure perfection.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I glanced at a list of Poison types and my favourite that I saw was Spinarak, but I don't think I even quite realized up until this point that it was even part Poison-type so I'm not going to count it for my vote, lmao.

I guess my favourite is... maybe Bulbasaur and its line? I've trained a few of the Pokémon on this list but none of them really do much for me. I guess I just don't like poison types.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I voted for Nidoking, Crobat, Gengar, Drapion, Scolipede, Toxicroak and Dragalge. Again, based almost purely on design, except for Crobat, which I've used before many times and found it to be a valuable fighter.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    There will be many because grass types are in this...

- Ivysaur: my favorite form of all the grass starters

- The Nidos: I love both families. Two very fun Pokemon to use imo.

- Zubat line: Already went over in the flying type thread. Annoying to encounter great to have on your side.

- Vileplume: Based on a flower that smells like rotting meat of course I love it.

- Venomoth: ONE OF THE BEST BUGS OF ALL TIME

- Bellsprout: Explained this too many times

- Tentacool line: Another one that is so annoying to encounter, but is a blast to have on your team. So incredibly useful.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I always liked Arbok. I like scolipede too. Nidoking used to be one of my favorite pokemon in gen 1 and Crobat is one of my favorite pokemon.
    I vote for other too because I love Victreebell and Venomoth, they are, with crobat, my favorite poison type right now.

Years
  • Scolipede is my favorite bug type, which happens to be part poison type too. As for the Bulbasaur it's the same thing, except with grass. But then again the Bulbasaur line was always my favorite gen 1 starters.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • My vote goes to the Ekans line, Crobat, Gengar, Venomoth, Roserade, the Gulpin line, Seviper, Scolipede and Dragalge.

Crobat got my vote for its cool design.
    Ekans line and Seviper got my vote because they're SNAKES! Huge fan of snakes here.
    Gulpin line because I like my derpy Pokemon.
    Gengar, Roserade, Venomoth and Dragalge because I've used them at least once during my playthroughs and they're a huge help to me.
    Scolipede hold a special place in my heart. Also SD+SB+BP GO MS. SQUIGGLES!

Back