• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which physical appearance of Pokémon would you prefer?

Which physical appearance group of Pokémon would you prefer?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2021
    Hey, guys.

I've made and improved version of this original post for a discussion to on this, wanting to focus this to just a poll. I'm just interested to see which physical appearance group of Pokémon you'd prefer, and what you think of these physical appearance of Pokémon from all generations? My parents and I would preferred happy, friendly, cheerful, cute, beautiful and elegant looking Pokémon. Would you prefer?

Years
  • The happy, friendly and cheerful Pokemon are my favourites cause I mostly base my favourite Pokemon on their cuteness level.

Trainer 766

Tough, scary and intimidating is what I would like to tame if I'm not afraid of such mons.

Years
  • I prefer the Cute, Beautiful and Elegant Pokemon.

My favorites in that category would be Serperior and Gardevoir. (There are also many more)

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • I went with cute, beautiful and elegant, pretty easy for me. Though a like a good, strong beast to rely on as well...

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I wouldn't vote for any of those options.

I think I end up liking a wide variety of designs....but I'd say a lot of the time I end up falling in love with weird or offbeat Pokemon. I wouldn't consider them "Ugly, Awkward and Stupid", so I didn't vote for that option. I don't think many people would vote for that option since even if people like a Pokemon commonly considered "ugly" or "awkward" it's probably not for that reason.

Personally I think "Weird, Offbeat, Unusual" would be a better voting option. It has more positive words that people would be more likely to vote for and be able compare them to Pokemon they like.

I know this is going to sound really vague, but a lot of the time the reason I love a Pokemon is because they have a certain "Je nais se quoi".

Years
  • I prefer all of them Since some of the cute or elegant ones may prove to be a force to be reckoned with I also like some ugly pokemon like Weezing i just love the dead fish eyes he got.

Last edited:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I like the tough-looking ones. Tough is very subjective, though, and with me more or less means Pokémon I feel can be strong.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Huh depends, Agrron is cute for me <3

Really tho, my favorite Pokemon are Marowak, Aggron, Rhydon, Mienshao, Froslass and I do really like Pokemon like Ribombee, Tsareena, all the fossils except Lileep, I love Sawsbuck and Exploud, and Gyarados is my water type!... so yeah, I love many different Pokemon...

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Both 1 and 3. I love those squishy cute Pokémon that just wanna cuddle with you, as well as those dazzling, elegant Pokémon. Steenee seems to fit both of these categories well, hence why it's one of my favorite Pokémon.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Definitely cute/beautiful/elegant. Almost all of my favourite Pokemon fall under that category and those are the ones that have always caught my attention first.

Years
  • The Pokemon I love most are Articuno, Suicune and Lugia. They are all elegant and solemn Pokemon. I love Houndoom though but it's the only exception.

Years
    • Seen today
    Most of my favourite Pokemon fit in the category "Tough, Scary, and Intimidating", but I also have favourites in the other categories.

Although, Pokemon that fit in the category "Happy, Friendly, and Cheerful" are usually cute, and awkward looking Pokemon aren't necessarily ugly or stupid. I would name the categories like this:
    -Cute, Friendly, and Cheerful
    -Beautiful, Elegant, and Majestic
    -Tough, Scary, and Intimidating
    -Derpy, Awkward, and Unusual

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • Korrina's Pokemon are a good example of Pokemon that are 'cheerful' though not nessasarly 'cute'.

Machop, Machoke, and Machamp nearly always seem to be smiling in official art work ^_^

Hawlucha has pretty bright, happy coloring for such a 'tough' Pokemon. Actually, he's a little christmasy looking! White, green, and red are his colors, i think? Christmasu <3

And while it may not be the species in general, her Lucario in the anime is often also seen cheery and smiling.

This kinda shows a pokemon doesn't have to be cute/girly to be positive (or even things in general!).
    Korrina is the best! :D

I'm glad I got the chance to make this post ^_^ Thanks above poster! *hug*

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Korrina's Pokemon are a good example of Pokemon that are 'cheerful' though not nessasarly 'cute'.

Machop, Machoke, and Machamp nearly always seem to be smiling in official art work ^_^

Hawlucha has pretty bright, happy coloring for such a 'tough' Pokemon. Actually, he's a little christmasy looking! White, green, and red are his colors, i think? Christmasu <3

And while it may not be the species in general, her Lucario in the anime is often also seen cheery and smiling.

This kinda shows a pokemon doesn't have to be cute/girly to be positive (or even things in general!).
    Korrina is the best! :D

I'm glad I got the chance to make this post ^_^ Thanks above poster! *hug*
    Machop is cute, if you ask me.

Machoke and Machamp strike me more as tough than happy or cheerful.

Lucario is also generally tough, even if Korrina's Lucario is cheerful.

I guess I could agree with Hawlucha, though.

Oh, you want to hug me? *hugs you back*

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    No preference. I like the gen 2 designs the most but they don't have a general pattern in appearance. The poll entry 4 tho, ugly awkward and stupid. pretty brutal.

Years
  • happy, cheerful and cute are all traits that I really love seeing in Pokemon designs! although sometimes I really don't mind the occasional badass/tough design too if they're done really well (like Zekrom and Salamence and Metagross to some extent).

Back