• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Old school style Pokémon cartoon released

Old school style Pokémon cartoon released

Old school style Pokémon cartoon released

A very unique animation was just published!
Years
It's sooo interesting and not what I expected to see at all!! Has anyone else watched? What do you think?!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I just watched this! Definitely cute. Reminds me of the fact that Cuphead tv show is coming out soon. Tbh, if I hadn't seen this appear on my Youtube feed, I probably wouldn't have even known it existed. ;; Scraggy in old timey animation was really cute, also. I hope they make more of these!

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
A friend of mine pinged this to me because of my love for the pantslizards and it's actually really cool! I love the style and the charm of the classic cartoon style and I would also love to see more.

Poor Scraggy though, just got tempted by Pokébeans and lead to mayhem.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
I've always wanted to see what Pokémon could look like in a western animated style.

What I have seen is a really good interpretation of the idea and the choice of Pokémon to focus on couldn't be better, IMO.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
This short was an interesting concept. It's not often that we get to see Pokémon involved in slapstick. Pretty alright, but I felt it could be better without Mimikyu vocalizing. It just sounds kinda odd in a rubberhose-style animation.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
It was weird and great all at the same time.

I suppose I wouldn't mind more but it seemed more like a one-time thing.

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
It was very fun and charming! I liked seeing the references (the old-timey titlecards and iris-out effects recalled my childhood, what nostalgia!!!), it was also a bit funny how they sticked so close to the character model (not much squash and stretch!!), but the mickey mousing with the music when done was fun, the backgrounds warm, and the squash and stretch that was done, like the dancing train, was lovely, spot-on!

Years
dang just watched this now. love the looney tunes style! also i'm really a fan of stuff like this without dialogue. the creativity that show makers exhibit when given a task like this is awesome!

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
Just a heads up people, this short is now available in the Pokémon TV app with English titles! (Predictably, it's called "Scraggy and Mimikyu.")

Give it a watch, and if you've already watched it, then go rewatch it anyway! It's too cute!

Back