• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Are you buying Crystal at release?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Or are you going to instead get it maybe months later when you get the urge to play? :)

Share your reasons!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • yessssss of course i love gsc. i have silver already but um i mean honestly i'm still probably going to buy gold lmfao. i'll definitely buy crystal for sure, probably on my new 3DS since i got silver on my XL. i'm super excited to finally do the celebi thing too and have one in game!!! i've always wanted to use it in its native generation. so yeah i'm really stoked for this!

Guest123_x1

Of course I plan on getting Crystal on day one! Just gotta load funds into my eShop account ahead of time (hopefully some time in early or mid January).

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Absolutely. I played through Silver just recently, but I enjoy Gen II so much that it's worth playing again.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Getting it, maybe on or after release day, it's one of my top favorite pokemon games.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • UHHH ABSOLUTELY I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS EVER SINCE THE ESHOP WAS A THING AAAA

Years
    • Seen today
    I doubt I'm getting it on release, I finished Silver in November, so I'll probably end up bored quickly.

sonic65101

Johto Champion
    Years
  • Uh, hell yeah! Pokémon Crystal Version was my first ever Pokémon game. Heck, I'll probably buy it as soon as GameStop starts carrying those preorder cards in the replica Game Boy Color game boxes.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    For sure. I've been wanting to play Crystal for a while now and we still have to wait like another month for it's release and it's only $10 so I don't see the need to put it off till later.

Unown Seer

Earnest
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2020
    I find it hard back to go back after having played Polished Crystal, so no. Not to mention that I could replace my original cartridge's battery if I wanted.

Last edited:

sonic65101

Johto Champion
    Years
  • I find it hard back to go back after having Polished Crystal, so no. Not to mention that I could replace my original cartridge's battery if I wanted.

At least you still have your original cartridge. My dad sold my Game Boy Color and all my games without my knowledge to a GameStop three years ago. ;-;

But you do make a good point about Polished Crystal.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Eh, polished Crystal had to replace some Johto pokemon for the newer Pokemon which I personally couldn't stand.

Unown Seer

Earnest
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2020
    True, but I believe that will be fixed eventually. I get your point in the meantime.

Last edited:
    Years
  • As excited as I am, I dunno if I'll be buying it right away. Probably when I have more time since I know otherwise it'll sit around for a while. I still haven't finished Yellow or Gold, and the last thing I want is for Crystal to end up like that due to being busy, because I loooove this game

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    As of right now, yes, I will be getting it on release. I don't know if I'll play it right away though.

Sirfetch’d

Absolutely! I have been waiting for this game to hit the eshop for YEARS. No way am I going to miss playing it right away!

Back