• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GT12 Pokemon Challenge

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
  • So wait a second. All Pokémon used have to already be champions - i.e. beaten the E4? No Eggs, nothing; they have to already be champions? So we have to keep beating the E4 to make them champions (with any team), then combine them and re-beat the E4?
    They do not have to be champions by the definition of the game. It's just a bit of flare to their titles. Sorry for the confusion.

Years
  • Well, I did it. It was insanely tough. All five of these fights, except Grimsley, were nails. There was lots of luck involved in the fights, but we managed to make it. I had to do a lot of Revive stalling, especially against Caitlin and Iris. Also, all my Pokémon were female. That said...

Champion of 12:
    GT12 Pokemon Challenge
    Level 71
    Nature: Bold
    Obtained at: Hatched from an egg
    Moves: Air Slash, Bug Buzz, Quiver Dance, Stun Spore

Champion of Gold:
    GT12 Pokemon Challenge
    Level 71
    Nature: Careful
    Obtained at: Hatched from an egg
    Ability: Cute Charm
    Moves: Charm, Encore, Low Kick, Return

Champion of Wilderness:
    GT12 Pokemon Challenge
    Level 71
    Nature: Careful
    Obtained at: Route 15
    Ability: Hyper Cutter
    Moves: Acrobatics, Earthquake, Ice Fang, Swords Dance

Champion of Unova:
    GT12 Pokemon Challenge
    Level 72
    Nature: Adamant
    Obtained at: Pinwheel Forest
    Ability: Poison Point
    Moves: Earthquake, Megahorn, Rock Slide, Screech

Champion of Summer:
    GT12 Pokemon Challenge
    Level 71
    Nature: Modest
    Obtained at: Route 6
    Moves: Rain Dance, Swagger, Thunder, Weather Ball (had Sunny Day and SolarBeam over Rain Dance and Thunder before Iris)

Champion of the Wild Card:
    GT12 Pokemon Challenge
    Level 71
    Nature: Bold
    Obtained at: Undella Bay
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    Moves: Confuse Ray, Discharge, Scald, Thunder Wave

I might put more about the team later, but for now I just wanted to say that I got it done. Thanks!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Username: TwilightBlade
    Game Version: Alpha Sapphire
    Represented Region: Sinnoh
    Favorite Color: Mauve

Team of Champions
    Spoiler:

Years
  • This has to be the hardest thing I've ever done in Pokemon in the last ten? years, but.. I did it! :D

Champion of 12: Mothim
    GT12 Pokemon Challenge

[ Lv. 72 | Male | Modest | Swarm ]
    [ Quiver Dance | Bug Buzz | Psychic | Acrobatics ]

Mothim one was more useful than I thought but was as fragile as I expected.. had to save him from death many times. :'(

Champion of Gold: Pangoro
    GT12 Pokemon Challenge

[ Lv. 70 | Female | Lax | Iron Fist ]
    [ Earthquake | Dragon Claw | Brick Break | Crunch ]

why oh why did I not take advantage of that ability lol.....

Champion of Wilderness: Braviary
    GT12 Pokemon Challenge

[ Lv. 70 | Male | Jolly | Sheer Force ]
    [ Fly, Shadow Claw, Aerial Ace, Return ]

Awful moveset but it did well enough, especially since Braviary had the big speed boost from being jolly natured. It was still one of the least useful members of the party though. xD;

Champion of Unova: Shiny Whimsicott!!
    GT12 Pokemon Challenge
    - i'd recolor but im too lazy wah
    [ Lv. 70 | Female | Brave | Infiltrator ]
    [ Moonblast, Leech Seed, Stun Spore, Giga Dragon ]

Got this cutiepie from Blade and was ecstatic at the opportunity to use it in a challenge. She did pretty well with Stun Spore + Leech Seed but had many moments of near-death.

Champion of Summer: Pelipper
    GT12 Pokemon Challenge

[ Lv. 69 | Female | Bashful | Keen Eye ]
    [ Ice Beam, Surf, Supersonic, Aerial Ace ]

Not sure why I kept Supersonic but I couldn't think of what I wanted to have in that third slot. This girl helped out a lot against Drake's team of Dragons with Ice Beam, even though she was losing so much.

Champion of the Wild Card: Volcarona
    GT12 Pokemon Challenge

[ Lv. 77 | Female | Relaxed | Flame Body ]
    [ Fly, Quiver Dance, Flamethrower, Bug Buzz ]

Again, another wasted move with Fly, bah. But this 'mon was the star of the fight, especially against Steven. Huge rock weakness aside (Mismagius wrecked her, haha) she was still an amazing addition to the party and I wouldn't have won without her.

Awesome challenge, this was a huge breath of fresh air from shiny Latios hunting. <3

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I think I'm a bit late now (and been busy researching some stuff at Bulbapedia anyway), so I might do this after the fact. I do recall being first on the GT11 challenge last year (does that make me a champion? LOL), but think my researching and the fact that I have not even started yet will make it difficult for me to do this before the end of the event, sadly. But I will give it a try if I can pick a good team and Blissey it up. How long do I have?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I think I'm a bit late now (and been busy researching some stuff at Bulbapedia anyway), so I might do this after the fact. I do recall being first on the GT11 challenge last year (does that make me a champion? LOL), but think my researching and the fact that I have not even started yet will make it difficult for me to do this before the end of the event, sadly. But I will give it a try if I can pick a good team and Blissey it up. How long do I have?
    You have until the Get Together ends tomorrow.

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
    Years
  • Username: Kakarot1212
    Game Version: Black
    Favorite Color: Muave

1. Champion of 12 - Vivillon

2. Champion of Gold - Hitmonchan(Boxing anyone?)

3. Champion of Wilderness - Heracross

4. Champion of [INSERT REGION NAME HERE] - BlazikenInfernape

5. Champion of Summer - Groudon

6. Champion of the Wild Card- Lucario

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Username: Kakarot1212
    Game Version: Black
    Favorite Color: Muave

1. Champion of 12 - Vivillon

2. Champion of Gold - Hitmonchan(Boxing anyone?)

3. Champion of Wilderness - Heracross

4. Champion of [INSERT REGION NAME HERE] - Blaziken

5. Champion of Summer - Groudon

6. Champion of the Wild Card- Lucario
    Blaziken is a Hoenn Pokemon, not Sinnoh.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years

• This took me quite a while to pick a team because the categories are so vague! I then realized I can follow a simple criteria to narrow things down. I picked one species from each generation. Each Pokemon is either a major milestone for me or a Pokemon I'm dearly fond of because of the memories attached to that Pokemon. I also tried my best not to resort to using Latias and Whimsicott, haha. I'm so happy to see that my cute shiny Whimsicott made it this event anyway thanks to Sheep. :3

Here are my champions:

GT12 Pokemon Challenge
    Champion of Twelve
    Kryptonite the shiny Beedrill
    Jolly - Swarm - Lv. 75
    IVs: 24 - 13 - 2 - 18 - 19 - 27
    Sinnoh Region; Route 204
    May 1st, 2008​
    You may remember Kryptonite the Beedrill from the Get-Together 2013 Bug Catching Contest (here and here). This was my first shiny Pokemon caught in Crystal. His nickname primarily comes from the green shards from the Superman series. I couldn't transfer him from Gen II to Gen III, but I didn't have LeafGreen to chain a shiny one in Diamond/Pearl. My friend HalcyonXIII gifted me several spare chained shinies as we were both addicted to shiny hunting. I've had this little guy joining my side in the online era ever since. I guess I never brought him up until now because I wanted to use Mega Beedrill.

GT12 Pokemon Challenge
    Champion of Wilderness
    Zahra the shiny Lilligant
    Timid - Chlorophyll - Lv. 70
    IVs: 30 - 31 - 30 - 30 - 31 - 30
    Unova Region; Lostlorn Forest
    October 4, 2011​
    Speaking of shinies gifted from friends, this one here is a gift from Miakalina. The nickname means beauty, shining, blossom, and flower. I knew I wanted a Grass type for this category to round out my team, but it was a difficult choice. I thought it would be way too obvious picking Whimsicott as my fifth generation choice, but I'm quite fond of Lilligant as well.

GT12 Pokemon Challenge

Champion of Gold
    Ryuenjin the shiny Aegislash
    Quiet - No Guard - Lv. 77
    IVs: 31 - 31 - 31 - 4 - 12 - 31
    Kalos Region; Hatched
    March 12, 2014​
    This is one of the most formidable Pokemon introduced in the XY metagame, so it's my choice for going for gold. I love its shiny form and always wanted to raise one. This too is a gifted shiny from a longtime friend here, Forci Stikane. He hasn't logged in here since the DPPt era, but we're still in contact and swapping shinies back and forth on occasion. Its nickname means Dragon Flame Blade and it's quite fitting.

GT12 Pokemon Challenge

Champion of Sinnoh
    Athena the shiny Cresselia
    Bold - Levitate - Lv. 71
    IVs: 13 - 9 - 31 - 18 - 31 - 31
    Hoenn Region; Crescent Isle
    July 4, 2015​
    She is my favorite Pokemon from Sinnoh and is my latest shiny Pokemon. I remember in 2007 trying to shiny hunt and that was a total fail because hunting roaming legends took too long. I finally claimed this beautiful shiny the last weekend. Her nickname means goddess of wisdom.

GT12 Pokemon Challenge
    Champion of Summer
    Typhlosion
    Timid - Blaze - Lv. 74
    IVs: 31 - 30 - 30 - 31 - 31 - 31
    Sinnoh Region; Hatched
    July 23, 2009​
    Typhlosion is so important to me because it was my first legitimately raised level 100 starter in Gold, my first successful IV breed in Emerald, and also my first successful RNG abuse breed in Diamond. This specific one is the RNG abuse from Diamond, so I hadn't given it a nickname before transferring. I love its species name anyway.

GT12 Pokemon Challenge

Champion of Wild Card
    Caesium the shiny Metagross
    Adamant - Clear Body - Lv. 82
    IVs: 31 - 31 - 24 - 30 - 26 - 31
    Sinnoh Region; Hatched
    April 12, 2009​
    And this would be my first successful shiny RNG abuse in Diamond! It's funny how the shininess was easier to obtain than the IV spreads. This nickname is based on caesium, which is said to be a silvery gold medal.

Also, Hoenn Elite 4 is much more difficult than X/Y. 8(

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Yeah I haven't even started this yet...sorry guys...

first time I won't complete a GT challenge :(
    Same, though it's only the second time I've paid attention to this whole thing, so it's technically the first year I won't get it going either. When you're already behind (the late response to my query didn't help), it's kinda hard to get yourself situated to do the challenge, and the other one took me 30-35 dedicated hours for breeding and hatching and eating expensive food at a Lumiose City restaurant to get leveled up. I didn't think I'd be able to pick a team and get it done this quickly, so decided not to be disappointed in the end.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Finished this morning actually!

Champion of 12 - Mothim
    GT12 Pokemon Challenge

Serfen ♂
    Lv. 77 | Modest | Swarm
    Quiver Dance/Air Slash/Psychic/Bug Buzz

Serfen the Mothim. A Pokemon that I specifically breeded for this challenge (mainly because I didn't have one on hand lol). Did extremely well against Sidney, obviously due to type-advantage. Unfortunately, he didn't really have another chance to prove his worth against any other member.

Champion of Gold - Electrode

GT12 Pokemon Challenge

Bolt
    Lv. 80 | Adamant ;__; | Soundproof
    Thunderbolt/Explosion/Light Screen/Volt Switch

Bolt the Electrode! Yes, Lv. 80. He went in at 76. Got a lot of mileage out of him despite his crummy nature. He performed extremely well against Glacia and Drake. He also exploded against both of them, haha.

Champion of Wilderness - Gallade
    GT12 Pokemon Challenge

Arc ♂
    Lv. 77 | Adamant | Justified
    Sword Dance/Close Combat/Psycho Cut/Ice Punch

Alright, this guy wasn't actually bred specifically for this challenge like the rest were. Was actually a transfer from back to Gen V. But, doesn't really matter. He didn't see too much action, since I only really brought him as insurance if the rest of my team went down because he's a Mega Evolution Pokemon, and he's fully EV trained at 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd. (yes, he's also named Arc lol)

Champion of Kalos - Diggersby
    GT12 Pokemon Challenge

yee ♀
    Lv. 70 | Bashful | Cheek Pouch
    Earthquake/Return/Endeavor/Toxic

Diggersby isn't actually my favourite Pokemon from Kalos lol. Regardless though, I used him twice against all of the Elite Four. He used Toxic against Phoebe's Dusknoir (which he then proceeded to die because I forgot Dusknoir had Ice Punch.) and he got an Endeavor off from Steven's MegaGross. I would have used him more if I had a Huge Power Bunnelby on hand to breed, but alas, I don't.

Champion of Summer - Arcanine
    GT12 Pokemon Challenge

Milihi ♀
    Lv. 79 | Naughty | Intimidate
    Flare Blitz/Extreme Speed/Wild Charge/Morning Sun

Fighting Bolt for the spot of MVP. Did well against both Glacia and Steven. Took out four of Steven's Pokemon actually.

Champion of the Wild Card - LORD GOOMY
    GT12 Pokemon Challenge

THE LORD II ♂
    Lv. 75 | Modest | Sap Sipper
    Muddy Water/Draco Meteor/Substitute/Toxic

HE TOOK A HIT FROM MEGA SALAMENCE. THEN I SWITCHED HIM OUT. HE WAS NECESSARY FOR VICTORY I SWEAR.

Back