• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The ones that got away...

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
Years
  • I've encountered my first Dratini today. And it ran away after breaking free from 2 poké balls.
    Its cp wasn't high either, so I was really bummed about that.

It was at the canal though, which is on my route when I do my regular walk. So hopefully I'll see more Dratini spawning there in the future.

sCr45h

The Littleroot Champ
    Years
  • A Nidoking... My best friend caught him effortlessly and mine got away.

I got him back tho. A Snorlax appeared in his house and I caught it but he didn't because he didnt have pokeballs.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    NOOOOO! Finally saw a Chansey shadow and I just couldn't find it anywhere. Searched for over half an hour (even though they only last 15 minutes max but I got desperate :p) and just couldn't find the stupid thing anywhere. Ugh I'm so annoyed at that. Would give anything for one of these guys :(

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    The other day found a Squirtle with 700 CP. He got away after 15 great balls and 15 pokeballs with probably the same amount of razzberries. almost ended my life.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Growlithe, I was on the Airtram, it spawned, tapped it, it kept missing / breaking out and ran away. :( Still don't have one. Pinsir popped up today but it poofed when we tapped it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2016
    The only one I've seen but haven't caught was Haunter. There are a bunch of them that I have never seen, though.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Came up against a CP??? Gengar whilst leaving work today, sadly it ran after breaking out of two Great Balls, even after I used two Razz Berries on it.

Whilst it would have been nice to add to my Dex, I can't say i'm too disappointed.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2016
    When I was level 19 a Dragonite cp approx 1100. I was in mourning for about 30 mins

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Third time this week and still can't find it. Starting to think this shadow is just trolling me!

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2016
    I caught a Pikachu at work a while ago and the game froze right afterwards so now Pikachu shows up as caught for me but I don't actually have him...

Today I saw a Dewgong, Seel, and Dratini. I have none of them. I had no pokeballs. It was sad :p

Edit: saw 2 pidgeys, a cubone, and a marowak :(
    Edit 2: add a rhyhorn to that list. I wish there were more pokestops.
    Edit 3: I begin to cry as a victreebel and Meowth cross my radar. My pokedex will remain empty for a while yet.
    Edit 4: FINALLY 2 POKEBALLS FROM THE LONE POKESTOP ON THE HIGHWAY!!!

Oh man that's the worst. I actually broke down and bough a few pokeballs as that happened which was the first time I had ever actually spent money on a mobile game before. Of course nothing of note came up the rest of that drive (was in the passenger seat, yeah I'm one of those.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Oh man that's the worst. I actually broke down and bough a few pokeballs as that happened which was the first time I had ever actually spent money on a mobile game before. Of course nothing of note came up the rest of that drive (was in the passenger seat, yeah I'm one of those.)

Oh there were plenty more, butI got bored of editing :p

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • I'm two Pokémon away from completing the North American Dex: Kabutops and Aerodactyl.

Today, I spotted a lure and a Kabutops spawned on it. I wanted to take a screenshot because damn did I get lucky.

The lure wore off and the Kabutops despawned in front of me.

Lesson learned. Click first. Screw screenshots.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I'm two Pokémon away from completing the North American Dex: Kabutops and Aerodactyl.

Today, I spotted a lure and a Kabutops spawned on it. I wanted to take a screenshot because damn did I get lucky.

The lure wore off and the Kabutops despawned in front of me.

Lesson learned. Click first. Screw screenshots.
    Ahahahah I am so sorry but that's hilarious. Feel very bad for you right now! If it helps I'm pretty sure lures reflect the Pokémon that spawn around that area so maaaybe you'll be able to find another if you go back for a few days? Good luck I'm rooting for you 8D

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • Ahahahah I am so sorry but that's hilarious. Feel very bad for you right now! If it helps I'm pretty sure lures reflect the Pokémon that spawn around that area so maaaybe you'll be able to find another if you go back for a few days? Good luck I'm rooting for you 8D

Funny thing is that a similar thing happened with Aerodactyl a couple weeks back. Saw it on my screen and it vanished before I could click.

To think I'd be done now...

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Funny thing is that a similar thing happened with Aerodactyl a couple weeks back. Saw it on my screen and it vanished before I could click.

To think I'd be done now...

Oh wow that's terrible! DIdn't think they despawned that fast!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Another shadow, another failed attempt at tracking...

Spoiler:

At least this one isn't such a big deal but still annoying to miss out on him, I love Tentacruel haha. Hopefully I'll round up enough Tentacool soon to evolve one straight out and get a better CP as I'd love to use him on my team.

Back