• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you use your Riolu?

Years
  • Of course, when i saw it the first time i really loved it and since it evolved It became my favorite Pokemon!

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Haha nah i do love lucario and i did hatch it cause comeon it was an egg i had to see what was in it and then i was like omg a Riolu but then i saw its level and i realllllly didnt feel like training him so i just stuck with my infernape hehe

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    The one time I hatched a Riolu was when I was trying to complete the Sinnoh dex since I didnt fight one the entire game. But I never used it to battle anyone.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • I don't think I've ever hatched the Riolu. I usually have, or will be close to having, all six Pokemon in my team by that point, so I never have room in my party for it. I put it in the PC and forget about it literally every playthrough.

Years
  • I evolved it into Lucario and trained to level 50 before going to Elite Four. I didn't even use him much (I defeated only 1 Pokemon with it), he's just too weak like another 2 Pokemon in my team (Haunter and Lopunny).
    I picked my whole team judging by design without thinking about usefulness, but the other 3 Pokemon who basically destroyed the Elite Four and the Champion were enough.

Years
  • I did! Getting him to evolve was rough but Lucario was one one of the very best 'mons to use in D/P/Pt. Strong, fast, and overall reliable with a fantastic moveset. Nowadays I don't use him anymore since I did so often in the past but I will always be thankful for his assistance. Lucario destruction? :D

Years
  • When i got it, i put it in the box until after the elite four. I then levelled it up so i could trade it to SS on release.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Nope. I absolutely despise friendship evolutions that are based on the time of day.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • I believe I used him once in a Platinum play through. Don't recall using in any other play through's. Definitely made finishing the game more difficult since I had to grind him up a ton but it payed off in the end.

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
  • The last time I played diamond was long ago, but I remember cycling around in circles trying to hatch that egg quicker. Lucario is still my favorite pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2017
    I did not use the Riolu given by Riley at all. I tend to have a full team early when I play a Pokemon main series game. The Riolu just shows up far too late in the game for me to want to use it.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Nah, I wish I had though. I think receiving it so late in the game didn't really work for me because by that time I'd alreaddy worked hard on training up a full team of Pokemon.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • I haven't played that game in so long, but I do remember using Riolu, because I love Lucario! I don't remember whether or not I actually evolved it, though. When I'm that far into a game, my team doesn't switch a whole lot until after I beat the E4.

I think I only remember raising a Riolu in X&Y.

DarkestMidnight

[color=black][b][font=Shadows Into Light]Demon Sla
    Years
  • I definitely used Riolu. He's now one of the best Pokemon in my regular team in Diamond. I really love Lucario! :)

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • Nope! No matter how many times I've played the 4th gen, I've never used Riolu.
    This is the case for a lot of the Pokemon that they "give" you. I just never really use them for some odd reason.
    Like the Lapras in 6th gen or the Shuckle in 2nd gen -- I just store them away xD

Back