• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help Request] (star wars) Who'd join? Suggestions/wishes? (NO EP7 spoilers!!)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm so not GM-hungry ahaha. But. I'm hungry for Star Wars! And just play some fun memorable character, swing some light swords around and go on a li'l adventure. Something that wouldn't be a huge commitment and take years to finish. Rather, the scope we'd be aiming for would be months. Like:

Jedi Outcasts
    The Haunted Ruins

Spoiler:

About one thousand years before the onslaught of the Clone Wars, the dark age of the galaxy came to an end. The Sith, an ancient order of malevolent Force-practitioners, were defeated after their birth in the Hundred-Year Darkness and driven into hiding, but the then galactic government, known as the "Old Republic" also fell. Following the collapse of that government and a full-scale war, a number of solar systems united, founding a successor state: the Galactic Republic.

As its governing body, the newly reorganized government established the Galactic Senate, the members of which were elected to represent their systems. In time, the Jedi Order, an organization of protectors who could tap into the power of the Force, came to serve the Republic as guardians of peace and justice.

However, the new Galactic Republic was not perfect. Culture and norms are currently about to escalate into racism; the notion that humans are purer beings than other races in the galaxy has spread and found unexpectedly strong support over the past decade. Nobody would still officially mention the superiority of humans, but it is implied and assumed in as good as every instance of the Galactic Republic. Non-humans are normally being seen as lesser beings, regardless of their own origins or history.

In the midst of all this, there are still many non-humans who find the power of the Force awakening within them at some point in their life. The central Jedi Academy of the Galactic Republic finds ways to avoid accepting non-humans into their teachings though, and as such most non-humans who feel the Force at this day and age, do not receive training and do not become Jedi. However...

On an outer rim planet called Dantooine, believed by most people to hold nothing but farmers and scavenging criminal gangs, there is a smaller Jedi Enclave, devoted to one special cause: to train in the Force those who for one reason or another cannot join the central Academy. People like you.

latest

role
    You will play as a newly awakened Force user. However, there is something wrong with you, to put it simply. In this corrupted and racist world, simply not being a human can be enough "wrong". If you choose to be human, you need to be odd or not accepted by society in one way or another. It might be kind of difficult in a galaxy as vast and strange as Star Wars', but you are welcome to try! As long as you are not too offensive or making anybody here look bad. Thanks. In any case, you will have arrived at the Enclave pretty recently and as such only just learned to build a light saber of your own, which you are probably not a master of yet unless you were a melee warrior of some kind before you got here.

plot
    The RP will take place on Dantooine, where there is a small Jedi Enclave whose leaders have decided to train Force sensitive from all over the galaxy who hold potential but are rejected from the Academy on Coruscant. The Jedis here have eyes and ears all over the Republic and have likely either taken you in when you were rejected from the Academy, or stumbled upon you somewhere and sensed your high affinity for the Force and taken you in spontaneously. If you have played KOTOR or KOTOR2, you'll know what this place looks like. If not, google it!, just imagine a planet full of lakes and farmlands, no real cities, littered with mysterious caves and ruins and populated by feuding families, crime gangs coming to scavenge or get away with making life sour for farmers, and also the occasional bounty hunter to try and deal with said criminals.

You will be getting a mission early in the RP, and that mission will pretty much comprise the whole RP. If we manage to end it, expect a sequel RP where the story continues :)

sign-up sheet

Name:

Race: (you can pretty much make up any kind of race you want, think alien, think animal, think varieties of humankind, think cyborgs... uh I think you probably have to be organic in order to use the Force though)

Appearance: (as little as much as you feel you can give. I'll let you know if I feel something is missing. Pictures are alright)

Lightsaber color: (Green or Blue or Yellow. It's not a rule, but tradition that those who tend to favor studying the mysteries and powers of the force use green sabers. Those who favor battling, tactics and endurance use blue. Those who rather focus on other skills not strictly related to the force or fighting, such as robotics, non-melee weaponry, technology, flora/fauna, archeology... They traditionally use yellow sabers. You can only have one single lightsaber at the start)

"Issue": (why were you not accepted into the Jedi Academy? If you are a non-human, you can just leave this blank. If you are human, you'll have to be creative!)

Personality: (likes, dislikes, flaws, strengths, interactions with others, how they see the world etc)

History: (where does your character come from, and what did they do before they arrived at the Enclave? You were not a Jedi before, you likely either didn't know you had the Force running through you, or you just didn't know how to control it yet)

etcetc what else? :))​

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    My name's SV and I approve of this message.

Years
  • My name's SV and I approve of this message.

Can we just give him a button to instal-reply this?
    I also think this looks fantastic and probably couldn't resist joining tbh.

Edit: Also I have dibs on being a Gungan. lol

Reactions: SV
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Can we just give him a button to instal-reply this?
    Just hit the "report" button as soon as you see it and we're all good

<3

I'm so calling Twi'lek. Those headtails! Well, technically I don't think someone being one race would prohibit someone else from being the same haha. But maybe ask first, because the non-human thing was kind of central I guess.

On second thought, I think perhaps I would not sign up with a char myself (if I turned out to GM this after all akjshdks). Rather I'd make a ton of GM chars to fill in where they're needed. Leaders of the Enclave etc. Could also possibly let players play villains?

Reactions: SV
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Count me 100 percent in! Really been wanting this, even before EP 7!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I'll totally join. <33

Love star wars, and I needed a break from pokemon RPs anyway. <33

[might be a Togruta]

Years
  • Screw it, I'm in. Its not like I'm in five other roleplays right now.

Also, kind of expected a new Star Wars roleplay even sooner, but nice to see one!

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • No no no no no no...

Of course YES. Just wait until I've seen Ep 7 alright, even if there aren't any spoilers.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I'll allow it, but I won't enjoy it!

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    I would be in, of course... but the thing about Star Wars is that you have to set your foot down if you don't know that much. Given that there are.. about... oh, a billion star wars books set in the old republic times and all those books and the old republic itself is now considered the extended universe, you have to decide something major.

WILL YOU INCORPORATE SOME EXTENDED UNIVERSE KNOWLEDGE INTO THE RP?

And I don't just mean species. Specific areas in the galaxy... certain key events that happened in EU, etc. So, I would recommend you putting your opinion down on that very key question. Just so no one is confused later on when they mention Darth Bane and it turns out he doesn't exist in this rp.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I would be in, of course... but the thing about Star Wars is that you have to set your foot down if you don't know that much. Given that there are.. about... oh, a billion star wars books set in the old republic times and all those books and the old republic itself is now considered the extended universe, you have to decide something major.

And I don't just mean species. Specific areas in the galaxy... certain key events that happened in EU, etc. So, I would recommend you putting your opinion down on that very key question. Just so no one is confused later on when they mention Darth Bane and it turns out he doesn't exist in this rp.

Yes we need Chewie to have died by a moon landing on him!

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Yes we need Chewie to have died by a moon landing on him!

Pfft, that was after the original saga, which is being rewritten now thanks to the movies. So unless they kill him off in the movies... I wouldn't count on that yet. Besides, old republic. Ice, you have to nerd out some more!

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Pfft, that was after the original saga, which is being rewritten now thanks to the movies. So unless they kill him off in the movies... I wouldn't count on that yet. Besides, old republic. Ice, you have to nerd out some more!

I know literally nothing about Star Wars except that Chewie dies by moon impact in the EU, so I don't think I'll be able to participate in this nerd-out.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    I know literally nothing about Star Wars except that Chewie dies by moon impact in the EU, so I don't think I'll be able to participate in this nerd-out.

It's a simple nerd out! I'll just strap you to a chair, keep your eyes open, and force you to watch discussions of the EU material! It'll only take a few years. We best start now.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

I was thinking, what was canon in KOTOR is canon here.

Ben, what you need to know is that the Force is a mix of like every superpower. And lightsabers are freaking awesome. And jedis are supposed to be all calm and just but some aren't and they might fall to the "dark" side which basically is giving in to passion rather than staying pure.

Back