Completed Pokémon Empyrean [v1.1] (~! Final Arc Released !~) Page 220

Started by Stochastic July 20th, 2018 9:00 AM
  • 5499 replies
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted October 27th, 2021
70 posts
3.7 Years
I’ve been playing Empyrean for the past couple of weeks. I really really enjoyed it! The regional forms are awesome! Without spoilers, I’ve been using Swellow, Luxray, Crobat and Machamps regional forms for basically my entire play through. The features this game has, Apriplums, GP’s and cards are unique and fun. They provide some extra grind that Pokémon fan game’s sorely need due to the ability to speed up, making breeding for good IV’s and natures usually a fairly quick process, at least compared to the base games. I can’t say much for the story, as I usually just skip the dialogue without reading it, often having to watch a play through for a few seconds to figure out where to go, lol.

My only qualms are the final two bosses. Again, without spoilers, D.E.U.S required me to grind up several new team members, getting them up to 5 GP and then IV training them. It was not a fun process and the boss just felt cheesy. When I figured out what Pokémon I should use, it was a breeze. It felt like you needed that one specific Pokémon to stand a chance in this fight.

Then the final boss, WT. His ability to nullify stat changes, WHILE doing a bit of damage AND protecting itself for a turn is just insane. I’ve lost 3 times in a row to him just spamming this move every other turn. Then after he reaches half health and his move pool changes, his sustain is too much to handle. I really don’t want to grind up another teammate since I JUST did it for the last boss (for those reading this who haven’t played, these bosses are right next to each other in terms of gameplay).

I’m probably going to take a break for now, which is a bummer because I was excited to try the trainer tower, and the post game features.

Edit; I’d just like to update less than 24h later. Gave it another shot, came really close and failed. Remembered I was playing on the hardest difficulty, turned it down one, and smashed the boss.

Fun game 10/10
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted October 24th, 2021
2 posts
55 Days
Over the past 2 weeks, I've tried to get this game running through wine on Linux, but there seems to be some issues with the audio files considering that the game crashes on startup due to it. In order to fix that issue, all that is needed to be done is to delete the entire Audio file. Easy solution, but playing any game without sound is an issue. So this brings me to my question, will this game ever come natively to Linux?

berkaykrl

The True Gamer

Any Pronouns
Seen 4 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
9 posts
4.5 Years
Finally the game I have been waiting for years is finished, this game is perfect in every sense. The good thing is I forgot everything in it so I'll start from scratch, to anyone who wants to play this. PLAY IT AS SOON AS YOU CAN.
Male
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
441 posts
8 Years
Spoiler:
I’ve been playing Empyrean for the past couple of weeks. I really really enjoyed it! The regional forms are awesome! Without spoilers, I’ve been using Swellow, Luxray, Crobat and Machamps regional forms for basically my entire play through. The features this game has, Apriplums, GP’s and cards are unique and fun. They provide some extra grind that Pokémon fan game’s sorely need due to the ability to speed up, making breeding for good IV’s and natures usually a fairly quick process, at least compared to the base games. I can’t say much for the story, as I usually just skip the dialogue without reading it, often having to watch a play through for a few seconds to figure out where to go, lol.

My only qualms are the final two bosses. Again, without spoilers, D.E.U.S required me to grind up several new team members, getting them up to 5 GP and then IV training them. It was not a fun process and the boss just felt cheesy. When I figured out what Pokémon I should use, it was a breeze. It felt like you needed that one specific Pokémon to stand a chance in this fight.

Then the final boss, WT. His ability to nullify stat changes, WHILE doing a bit of damage AND protecting itself for a turn is just insane. I’ve lost 3 times in a row to him just spamming this move every other turn. Then after he reaches half health and his move pool changes, his sustain is too much to handle. I really don’t want to grind up another teammate since I JUST did it for the last boss (for those reading this who haven’t played, these bosses are right next to each other in terms of gameplay).

I’m probably going to take a break for now, which is a bummer because I was excited to try the trainer tower, and the post game features.

Edit; I’d just like to update less than 24h later. Gave it another shot, came really close and failed. Remembered I was playing on the hardest difficulty, turned it down one, and smashed the boss.

Fun game 10/10
Apologies for the final bosses, glad you got through in the end though :] As for postgame, there's a whole new region awaiting you after Elite Four. (The rest is nowhere near as hard as W.T.)

Over the past 2 weeks, I've tried to get this game running through wine on Linux, but there seems to be some issues with the audio files considering that the game crashes on startup due to it. In order to fix that issue, all that is needed to be done is to delete the entire Audio file. Easy solution, but playing any game without sound is an issue. So this brings me to my question, will this game ever come natively to Linux?
Natively no, RPG Maker XP cannot export to Linux out of the box unfortunately.

Finally the game I have been waiting for years is finished, this game is perfect in every sense. The good thing is I forgot everything in it so I'll start from scratch, to anyone who wants to play this. PLAY IT AS SOON AS YOU CAN.
Thank you for the kind words. Have fun! :]
Seen 4 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
2 posts
34 Days
Hi ! I need your help
I'm not english and i don't understand this enigma at the Nubis Town can you help me?
It's with 3 pots :
on the right we have one pot who say : " i have the number 100; for i am indeed well funded.
the other number , y , is within me not, you must seek it in the leftmost pot."
on the middle we have on pot who say: "The pot left of me , does not eye to eye to see. The truth it speaks is not complete, by 5 its number you must decrease."
on the left we have one pot who say : "x marks the spot, and X is in the rightmost pot. But x is off by 25; trust in this message and you will thrive."
Thanks for your help!

Lucifer

Fallen1

She/Her
Ryme City
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
291 posts
10.7 Years
Hello.

I've run into another problem.
I'm doing the Old Man/Kazak quest, I found Kazak and went back to talk to the Old Man but Alia doesn't show up at the Telian Ruins to give me the Interdimensional Bone. I tried to Debug it in but the game doesn't register it as Kazak still refuses to come with me.
Is it because I am post-Desheret arc and the vidder I watched do this did it much earlier, pre-3030?

Age 26
Male
Greece
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
89 posts
9.6 Years
hi there, i really enjoy your hack and i cant wait to finish it, i have two questions: 1 is there a location list for the alolan ratata quest? and 2: i need a training place to train my pokemon for the space battle, which is the best place to train? my team is at level 90
Join Pokemon Eclipse
https://pkmneclipse.net/signup?s=713487

http://www.immortalnight.com/register.php?REF=3080632

Use these links to get some points that will help you

Lucifer

Fallen1

She/Her
Ryme City
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
291 posts
10.7 Years
hi there, i really enjoy your hack and i cant wait to finish it, i have two questions: 1 is there a location list for the alolan ratata quest? and 2: i need a training place to train my pokemon for the space battle, which is the best place to train? my team is at level 90
The Rattata locations should be somewhere here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kBP-fa7tsZjjFvNIQp-sNef2KbX03CJCsg0HdZ6-xX8/edit