• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite game to do Challenges with?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
See title :3 Older games are perfect for re-enjoying via challenges, so this is a general question regarding the non-current titles (aka not SwSh).

If you're not doing grand challenges across several titles, or challenges that require a specific game, do you happen to have a favorite Pokémon Version that you've done more challenge runs with than other versions?

Or maybe there's versions that objectively actually are easier/more fun to do certain challenge runs with?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 21, 2022
I don't usually do challenges, but I kind of think gen vi is a pretty good series to do them, because there's a bunch of quality of life upgrades that make gameplay easier (which I know is kind of the opposite intention of challenges, but less grinding is always good to me). For instance, the Pokenav in ORAS is so useful, and Super Training can help quite a bit.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
RSE are my go-to games for challenges, just because they're what i know best so when i'm looking to do more difficult things, i feel more comfortable and suited to hoenn. i'll do a challenge in any game, though. when deciding on a challenge, it just depends on what i'm really feeling in the mood for. like i get a specific...craving, so to speak lol. i've been really wanting to do a first stage water monotype in HGSS, a bug mono in GSC, wonderlocke in shield, etc. just depends on the challenge itself and what vibe it gives me ig. i've done most challenges in RSE and BW/BW2 i think, if i had to put a count on it.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I'm not one to do challenges much, but when I try nuzlockes I usually just end up replaying emerald. I don't even think it's the best game to do this, but I keep returning for some reason.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I like coming up with a lot of creative challenges when I play gen 1 games in particular. Those games are pretty open world-ish and have only a barebones story that doesn't drag things out too much, as well as a lot of replay value due to all the available species to them. That's what makes it so easy for me to just pick up the games and have another quick playthrough with whatever rules I impose on them.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Aug 24, 2022
See title :3 Older games are perfect for re-enjoying via challenges, so this is a general question regarding the non-current titles (aka not SwSh).

If you're not doing grand challenges across several titles, or challenges that require a specific game, do you happen to have a favorite Pokémon Version that you've done more challenge runs with than other versions?

Or maybe there's versions that objectively actually are easier/more fun to do certain challenge runs with?

I only recently started to do challenges with normal games but earlier I used to do Randomizers, I really love randomizers and Infact, I am bout to do a diamond randomised challenge after I finish my current Blaze Black 2 nuzlocke challenge. My all time favourite gen to have a challenge in, well, not decided yet because normal nuzlockes are a bit different than randoms..

Years
GSC! I've not done many but it's a lot of fun for me to replay gen 2 for this stuff. Oh, and RSE ❤️

KOZSTAR

Diabolical
Years
Sixth generation, specifically XY, because of the amzing life quality and there is rarely need to grind. Also, it has an amazing dex.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
I did a few challenges in Black 2 because I could trade mons from Black 1 using my NDS and my 3DS. It was the only time I could use two consoles on my own

Back