• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nexomon Series

Years
Who has played Nexomon? I just learned about these games today and picked up Nexomon Extinction on my Xbox Series S and preordered Nexomon on my Switch Lite. I'm excited to try these out since they are similar to Pokemon so these will be turned base games I can enjoy.

What are your guys experience with the Series for those who have played them?

Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen yesterday
They actually look like good games inspired by Pokémon. I may need to get this on Steam or Switch.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
Nexomon: Extinction was good for the most part. It ended up crashing a lot, though. Afaik there are some problems with Unity (the engine they used) and the Switch that were the cause of it. I'm not sure if they fixed it. It has been a while since I last played it.

Also the endgame of that game sucks. You either end up grinding a ton because of the massive level spike at the end. Or you end up spamming a lot of healing items.

Years
They actually look like good games inspired by Pokémon. I may need to get this on Steam or Switch.
The original one will be $10, but I don't know if it is on discount for preorder on Steam, but on the Switch you can preorder Nexomon for $9.
Nexomon: Extinction was good for the most part. It ended up crashing a lot, though. Afaik there are some problems with Unity (the engine they used) and the Switch that were the cause of it. I'm not sure if they fixed it. It has been a while since I last played it.

Also the endgame of that game sucks. You either end up grinding a ton because of the massive level spike at the end. Or you end up spamming a lot of healing items.
I learned that from the videos I've watched for the game, but I'm up for the challenge. It also might encourage me to play the harder Pokemon Rom hacks if I end up enjoying this game which I'm already being challenged and I'm only near the beginning of the game.

Years
This looks similar to another monster-catching game I played called Micromon! And probably similar to quite a few others, but I'm interested in this one for its nice art… going to have to consider the purchase, especially now that we have a bigger TV for Switch gaming. ❤️

tigertron

Pokémon Master
Years
I just saw a trailer for it so I downloaded it on my phone to see if it's any good. If it is then I'll probably pick it up for my Switch.

.hack

skunkape
Years
I had a great time with both 1 & 2, even filled the database/dexs, look forward to if/when they make a third game in the series.
I've logged a lot of hours into both games on switch and I only ever had one crash on Extinction, right at the end game cutscene no less lol, so I assume they fixed a lot if you used to hear about crashes more often than that? I wouldn't consider a one-off crash that bad for so many hours played.

Back