• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years
I've seen a program called something like Pokedex Order Editor, but it's annoying to use, as you'll need to write down somewhere which numbers are now empty and which now have 2 pokemon. Still better than doing it in hex, I suppose, though.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
My game isn't updating in VBA. When I change something, and then re-open the game in VBA, there are no apparent changes to the game. Even if I change the tiles around on the map, when I open the game in VBA, nothing has changed. Anyone have any clue why?

In VBA, your saved file should not be in the map you are updating. Either enter a building/cave or be in a different map.

What program would I use if I wanted to make a patch of a diamond file?

UPS, I guess...?

When I enter a warp into one building in my game, my screen goes black, the music stops, and I can't do anything. It only happens when I enter that specific building. Anyone know why this is happening, or how I can fix it?

That map must have been bugged I guess...
Maybe a level script got corrupted or something related to it, dunno, but I had this problem once when I try to resized a map...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Also, I've written a basic script in C++ that I found in an online tutorial. How do I compile it? Something nags at me that Command Prompt can do it.

Get a C++ compiler, or better still, an IDE. Try Microsoft's Visual Studio (if you're running Windows).

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2010
Hey I'm pretty new to pokemon hacking but i've got my head around changing pokemon in areas, changing the map, what people say ect. but im now looking at trying to do something a bit more complex,
For instance in fire red when you try to leave the town Oak comes up and says dont go out here ill give u a pokemon so it goes into auto pilot and your forced to choose a pokemon then ur rival does ect ect.
How would one go about changing this? so that maybe Oak doesnt come up to talk to you and maybe someone at the gate just gives u a pokemon?
Thats just an example, i want to get my head around doing stuff similar to this so i can experiment doing some stuff, i just dont know where to start.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Hey I'm pretty new to pokemon hacking but i've got my head around changing pokemon in areas, changing the map, what people say ect. but im now looking at trying to do something a bit more complex,
For instance in fire red when you try to leave the town Oak comes up and says dont go out here ill give u a pokemon so it goes into auto pilot and your forced to choose a pokemon then ur rival does ect ect.
How would one go about changing this? so that maybe Oak doesnt come up to talk to you and maybe someone at the gate just gives u a pokemon?
Thats just an example, i want to get my head around doing stuff similar to this so i can experiment doing some stuff, i just dont know where to start.

That's called scripting. There are a few tutorials for it in the Docs & Tuts section. You'll also want XSE and FSF from HackMew's toolbox of stuff.

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2010
I don't know if this question has been answered already, because I would rather not sort through 10,000-odd posts, but, I downloaded a couple of tilesets. Can anyone tell me how to input them into Advance Map? I am hacking Leaf Green.

Thanks.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I don't know if this question has been answered already, because I would rather not sort through 10,000-odd posts, but, I downloaded a couple of tilesets. Can anyone tell me how to input them into Advance Map? I am hacking Leaf Green.

Thanks.

There are tutorials on how to do that located in the Documents and Tutorials section.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
error1.png

I wonder what made my pokepic act like that.
I think it looks pretty cool, but I want to get rid of it anyway.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
im really sorry, i donno if this is the right place to ask about tools,
but my question is that, some tools are known to cause problems while hacking emerald rom, can anyone tell which which tool(s) are those?

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years
error1.png

Is it possible that you accidentally changed the palette used by the pokepic box? That's all I can think of.

does anyone know hot to change the weedle that the old man is catching on fire red? :S

If you can find the offset of the special command itself, there's probably some byte in there determining the Pokemon species. I could very well be wrong, though.

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
error1.png

I had a bit of trouble like that.
I think that if you make the background colour of the Pokémon you're inserting the exact same as the background colour of the Pokémon you're replacing, it should fix it. :3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back