• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Social Anxiety

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I get more anxious in new situations, like everyone else in the world. Once I'm comfortable, then that anxiety goes away for the most part.

When dealing with people, I'm more likely to get anxious with groups of people, people who are closer to my age group, and people who I find attractive, compared to one on one situations, older people, and people who I don't really have any intimidation towards based on how attractive they are.

These usually fade away when drugs or alcohol are involved.
    These tend to intensify when I'm not feeling very confident.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • As everyone else said, I get anxious in new situations. I can be as quiet as a mouse at times, but once I get well adjusted... then I end up talking nonstop. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just have fun because that's what matters most. I'm autistic, and I've gone to an anime convention every single year. I always feel anxious before the convention, but I feel fine once it starts. I end up having a blast and wishing it wouldn't end.

If you get too anxious, you could always just tell your friend. Maybe you can take some time away from the convention and the group of friends. Get a drink of water or whatever. Just as long as you know where to meet up with the group after you feel calm again though. That's all I can suggest.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I rarely find myself in new situations, to be honest. So I sometimes forget just how bad my anxiety can be in those situations. But I have anxiety regardless of the place that I'm in, regardless of who I'm talking to. The last big shift in my social climate was university, and while I hate being in crowds and being around people period, it was a big help to dealing with my anxiety even though it's still present to this day.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • i always have social anxiety. i'm always nervous around people when i don't know them. i always feel like everyone is staring at me and thinking bad things about me. the only way i'm not nervous is if i'm around the same people multiple times so taking college classes isn't too bad for me.

Years
  • I've had it for years now, and finally got diagnosed about four months ago. It was pretty obvious that I was more than just shy even when I was a kid. I'd avoid other children and I would literally run away from social situations that I was uncomfortable in.

After visiting the doctor though she gave me some medication that will stop the physical symptoms, and just like queeniewolf said I signed up to see a councillor. Being on the NHS though the waiting list is an eternity long so in the mean time my GP recommended these free self-help guides published by the national health service UK.

Here's a link if any of you want a look, there's loads of them and they're actually quite good:
    Self Help Leaflets

Back