• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Could someone give a link where I download the Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal editor "Hack-o-Matic"? I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31947

I remember the good ol atari hacking days but there is a program called "bit hacker" now on the same site as the link above that will own the HOM. The link above is to a thread that allows a download of the improved v2 of HOM allowing it to work on more OS than just the normal windows OS.

Wait! This should do you justice so go to this site instead, its completely dedicated to HOM 2

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
just had a thought. Is the titlescreen the only compressed thing in gold?
No, many other images are compressed.
http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31947

I remember the good ol atari hacking days but there is a program called "bit hacker" now on the same site as the link above that will own the HOM. The link above is to a thread that allows a download of the improved v2 of HOM allowing it to work on more OS than just the normal windows OS.

Wait! This should do you justice so go to this site instead, its completely dedicated to HOM 2
He never said he was hacking Atari. The Pokemon Gold "Hack-o-Matic" is a completely different program, which I've attached to this post.

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
the atari one was the only one RAM Corp's ever heard of or used so I didn't know a gs one existed.

What specific comprssed pictures or scripts and such can anyone please name within gold, silver, or crystal? a link or list would be very helpful.

----------------------------------------------------------> advanced thanx!

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2008
I tried everything to find PokeScript! But I couldn't find it... I need only PokeScript, because I've found PokeAdv.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Yea, I had he same problem, just download .NET Framework, 2.0 should work but I recommend 3.0(Google .NET Framework download)

thankies so much.
some tools are working now. :D

What usually causes the ROM to crash?
The tiles, scripts..?

well, everything we do which is related to ROM hacking will always cause the ROM to crash...
for my experience, using the already used offsets are causing the game to glitch up and crash...

so it's always safe to use a hex editor to find free space for our sprites, tiles, map changes, scripts and the like. ;)

edit:
anyways, I got a question here... :\
are there any flags that sets the fly positions in Ruby?

Last edited:

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
oh, ok. Thanks Time
but for example, I did a very long script, and compiled it to a fire red rom( which has modified and new tiles)
The rom crashed.
But when I compiled the same script, in an original rom(no new tiles)
the script worked perfectly.
Can this be fixed?

Years
I've got some time on my hands.
Well when I open my ROM and I try to edit someone using PET, it doesn't show any pictures and something pop's up that says

Run Time Error '76'

Path not found: 'pics/pkmn-060.bmp

Then it closes the window...
What should I do? I really need to edit it..I just want to change his onix to a steelix..@_@

Thanks,
-Daniel A.

But if you look in the toolbox here at PC, you'll find a later version of it, that will load the rom without dumped images.

I tried everything to find PokeScript! But I couldn't find it... I need only PokeScript, because I've found PokeAdv.

There's a download link here at Dabomstew's site. http://pokehacks.dabomstew.com/index.php?token=downloads

edit:
anyways, I got a question here... :\
are there any flags that sets the fly positions in Ruby?

Do you mean the flags that set whether the player can fly there or not?
Here's those flags. Just are just normal flags.
Spoiler:
Or are you looking for something else?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Or are you looking for something else?

thanks. it'll be useful. :)
though I am also wanting to know if I set that flag, will the player be automatically be warped there when he/she is defeated in battle... :\

Years

thanks. it'll be useful. :)
though I am also wanting to know if I set that flag, will the player be automatically be warped there when he/she is defeated in battle... :\
No those are flags that are normally in level scripts that activate whether an area can be flown to.
This really should have been in the script help thread... :P
What you're looking for is something else. You're looking for command 0x9F, which sets where the player goes after fainting.
It's basically works like this [9F] [XX] [00].
So #raw 0x9F 0xXX 0x00 will activate.
XX is controlled by there.
Spoiler:

Larsie13

normally in level scripts that activate whether an area can
be flown to.
This really should have been in the script help thread... :P
What you're looking for is something else. You're looking
for command 0x9F, which sets where the player goes after
fainting.
It's basically works like this [9F] [XX] [00].
So #raw 0x9F 0xXX 0x00 will activate.
XX is controlled by there.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Larsie13

Okay, but how will I know which tile needs which palette? And I use NTME, and you can't change the palette of a single tile there, only for the entire tilemap.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Okay, but how will I know which tile needs which palette? And I use NTME, and you can't change the palette of a single tile there, only for the entire tilemap.

Really? But in the engine version I wrote for it, you could change each tile... D:

Anyway, you only need to change them all, so just change all to whatever the original palette was.

Larsie13

Yeah, well... in 4BPP mode, you can change the palette for each tile, but in 8BPP mode, you can't. And you mean the palette from VBA's Map Viewer? If so, it says the entire map has palette ---

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2010
I have a hopefully simple question.

I've inserted all the FireRed tiles into Emerald. It's working fine, but now my water tiles (and a few others) have no animation. How do you set a tile to have animation (and edit it)?

Or is there perhaps a Emerald with FR tiles rombase?

Daniel A.

PokePower!
Years
Hi um..

How do you add ini files to a Pokemon Emerald ROM. I have the INI file in a pokemon emerald folder, with the game. How can I put them together so I can use advanced text and have it completely done..

Thanks..

Symbol

Playing Pokemon White
Years
Ok, I have a scripting question.

Why is it, when I want to move a character with the Applymovement script, I have to have full view of the character in-game for it to move?

If I cant see the character, the applymovement wont work for it. Can someone help me fix this?

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
I have a hopefully simple question.

I've inserted all the FireRed tiles into Emerald. It's working fine, but now my water tiles (and a few others) have no animation. How do you set a tile to have animation (and edit it)?

Or is there perhaps a Emerald with FR tiles rombase?
You have to use Tile Molester, TMP or something like that. Read Thethethethe's tutorial on grass animation, it's the same for water animations I believe.

Now I have a question: Does anybody have the offset for a Ruby titlecreen palette? I have searched every way I know how to, and can't seem to find it. Thanks~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back