• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DCC: New Spring Edition coming soon 3/21!

Status
Not open for further replies.

moments.

quixotic
Years
  • I'm similar to the above. I paid full attention during classes and worked really hard during the actual class and I seemed to retain most of the information I needed. Obviously for major exams and stuff I studied more, but I never studied for a class test or anything like that and got by just fine!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I never studied, never really paid attention in class or ended up thinking about other things and I've managed to pass everything @ HS except for Accounting/Maths/Human Biology. I have skillz. Well not really, idk, I think I paid attention to some things and just got competitive with other students which helped me pass.

HOWEVER. During this upcoming semester @ Uni I'm going to do really well (I decided) since I'm going to put in full effort (since it's journalism/broadcasting relates stuff), the second semester, nope, those classes suck. :3;

Aaand then after that (end of year) I can graduate and never have to worry about uni or schooling again!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I'm still in high school and this year I'm deciding to put effort into my work! Last year I still did well with minimal effort, but I just want to do really good. It would always annoy my friend how we would have a physics test and I would complain about not understanding a thing, and then get 100%, while he only got 86%.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I love the change in attitude between high school and university. Given you only need to pass your subjects to get your degree, as long as you pass, you are happy. I have high standards for myself, so I wouldn't be happy scraping through the whole year, but if one essay isn't too great, that's ok! :D

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I used to study hard and actually care about good grades. Then I got to about junior year in college and started getting into the really tough classes. I began to realize that (a) sometimes a B or C is the best you can hope for from some classes and (b) I do about the same on tests whether or not I study.

So I've began to study less and not be so concerned about getting A's all the time :P

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • For me, I've had to study for a proportionally longer time as I've gotten older. When in primary school, for example, I got really good grades and did no work at all to achieve them. It was similar in secondary school, although I had to work a bit harder. Then university came around and I actually needed to start working to achieve ANY grade, and said grades were a bit lower than what I was used to from school. Now law school is demanding so much work... it's not that it's hard, but there's just so much stuff to actually learn!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I'm studying far, far less than I did back in higher school. This means that a) I'm spending most of my time doing practical projects (which are more useful in my books) and b) I'm doing incredibly worse at theorical exams XD

But I'm kinda like Nica, I never really needed to study that much to get good grades at school.

Years
  • I try to study when uni exams are coming up the day before the exam even if I think I pretty much already know everything just to be on the safe side. I don't want to fail any other classes and be even more behind - switching majors a few semesters ago already set me back two semesters or so. ):

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I don't even know what I'm doing in school right now. I really don't. Idk what major I am, idk what classes I plan to take, idk what I want to do with my life. I'm just looking at what I have.

Years
  • I don't even know what I'm doing in school right now. I really don't. Idk what major I am, idk what classes I plan to take, idk what I want to do with my life. I'm just looking at what I have.

Exactly how I was for my first few semesters! My parents encouraged me to take nursing since I had zero clue what I wanted to do. I mainly took gen. ed courses and the occasional class that was required for nursing since I wasn't sure if I actually wanted to do that but also didn't want to waste precious time and money trying to figure it out. Eventually I decided I wasn't very fond of that major so I finally switched out/started taking relevant courses.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yeah I was engineering but I can't deal with engineering calc (everything else is fine) so I can't do engineering so I guess I'm liberal arts right now? But I'm taking like 4 university requirements (required no matter what major you are) right now and then an easier version of engineering calc so I'll just focus on this semester and not think ahead yet.

Years
  • Yeah I was engineering but I can't deal with engineering calc (everything else is fine) so I can't do engineering so I guess I'm liberal arts right now? But I'm taking like 4 university requirements (required no matter what major you are) right now and then an easier version of engineering calc so I'll just focus on this semester and not think ahead yet.
    Have you talked with any of your teachers about what use all these classes are? Like what you can do with certain majors and so on?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Have you talked with any of your teachers about what use all these classes are? Like what you can do with certain majors and so on?

Not sure what you mean, lol. Like it doesn't matter if these are useless cause even if I was an engineer I'd have to be taking these eventually so I'm just kind of taking a semester where all I do is do them, instead of spreading it out over my next couple years. Idk right now I'm considering just majoring in English with either a minor or supplementary major in Computer Applications cause I don't think I can go back to engineering, lol.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I stuck with one major throughout my undergraduate career but honestly, now that I look back, I wish I would have switched it... I majored in math, but after living on campus a few semesters, I really wanted to switch to Student Affairs so I could do something related to student life (which I got really involved in on an extracurricular basis) but my parents wouldn't have any of that because it would've held back my graduation date. Of course, now I'm unqualified for any on-campus student affairs job and this math major I have isn't helping me find any jobs anywhere...

Years
  • I just meant that talking with teachers, who know about life in their fields outside of academia (hopefully), could help you get more motivation by painting a nice picture of what you could be doing once you're graduated.

Years
  • I swear I used to be really clever as a kid and I've just become more stupid throughout the years. I pretty much always did some amount of studying for a test because I told my parents when I had a test coming up so they would check to see that I was preparing for the test. They often ask if any tests are coming up and I generally don't lie to my parents so . . .

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2012
    in high school, i regret not studying for an exam properly. i used to study a day or two before an important test, resulting in a failing grade, and rendering my chances being accepted to a decent major, or at least a major i want, close to impossible. now, after a year in college, my grades significantly bettered and i'm hoping to transfer to chemical engineering. chemistry was one of the few subjects i excelled in really.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I used to not even care about studying and I failed a lot. I realized that I was ruining my future and started studying harder once I got to high school.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I'm not good with studying neither am I good with taken tests. I get really bored when it comes to studying. I do better with homework instead of taken tests.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back