• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Video Game Music Club!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • cover8.jpg

The Video Game Music Club ♪

Welcome! If you like to just chill out and talk about all your favourite video game music tracks, then this club is right for you! Feel free to join or just chat here as we listen to all sorts of video gaming tracks, and chat related topics about them!​

rules and regulations
    1. All PokéCommunity and Video Gaming rules apply.
    2. Be courteous to other club members.
    3. Sign up using this form:
    Username:
    Title (optional; just a title that you'd like to put down as yourself when you're a member here! Feel free to get creative!):​

featured music

All featured music are put on here weekly. If you'd like to see a particular ost here, feel free to suggest one at given times! At the end of each week, the suggested tracks will be put up for voting!

members
    ♬ :: Dragon :: Owner

♪ :: Juno
    ♪ :: curelixir
    ♪ :: Disturbed
    ♪ :: Arsenic
    ♪ :: Catnip~
    ♪ :: thedestinedblade
    ♪ :: TY
    ♪ :: machomuu
    ♪ :: stars
    ♪ :: 正真正銘
    ♪ :: Bay Alexison
    ♪ :: Thomas the Shinyhunter

discussion topics

Topics are listed from most recent to less recent. Anyone can add a topic. New members, feel free to answer any past topics that interest you!

Current: Which Video Game OST(s) is/are your favourite?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Username: Juno
    Title: I'll maybe get back to you on that :p

Favorite OST(s):
    I tend to prefer melancholic songs in general, so some of my all-time favorite OSTs include The Last of Us, Crisis Core, Final Fantasy X and To the Moon. I also really liked the Undertale soundtrack - it's kind of the full package, with fun, upbeat tunes that I enjoy but also more emotional tracks as well.

Years
  • Username: curelixir
    Title: Same as juno, I'll think of something soon lol

Favorite OST(s):
    Absolutely the original Donkey Kong Country 100%. I love how melodious and atmospheric the soundtrack is. Some of my other favorites are Kingdom Hearts (the whole series), To the Moon, and Chrono Trigger.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Username: Disturbed
    Title: trash until i can think of something

Favorite OST(s):
    Nier Automata has my favorite OST. Undertale, The Last of Us, Danganronpa, Prey are all up there though! :fufu:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Username: Arsenic

Title:
    *I will have a music pun to put here soon*

Which Video Game OST(s) is/are your favorite (I fixed your spelling ; D )

I have always been a fan of classic big orchestral soundtracks. Call me an old soul or what you will! But I also have a soft spot in my heart for things with a more industrial twist.

With that said, my favorite OST is a tie between Black Mesa Source (Joel Neilsen) and The entire Halo Suite (Marty O'Donnel and Michael Salvatori), because I can't chose between any of the Halo games (Excluding 4 + 5 which have a lot of tracks that don't sound like Halo)

I'd also like to give a shoutout to Tony Hawk's Underground 2, for when you remove the "o" from "OST", It has one of the most kickin' group of licensed music I've heard in a game

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Username: Catnip~
    Title (optional; just a title that you'd like to put down as yourself when you're a member here! Feel free to get creative!): Xenoblade 2 fangirl (to match discord :p)
    Current: Which Video Game OST(s) is/are your favourite?
    Haven't listened to a ton, but Crisis Core, Undertale, NieR Automata, and Persona all have great soundtracks. FFX/X-2 also have some decent tracks. Even real emotion, it's not terrible. The one thing though, with crisis core and undertale, a lot of songs are kind of like, remixes of other songs. Not a bad thing necessarily, but it makes listening to the entire OST back to back a bit less interesting :p

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Username: thedestinedblade
    title: No title for now
    Favorite OST(s):
    Chrono Cross probably redefined what I desired in video games. It undoubtedly nurtured my love for video game music so it'll probably always keep the top spot for me. That being said, I loved Mega Man 7,
    Super Mario Galaxy, and FFIX's OSTs just as much. Majora's Mask's soundtrack is always good for a nostalgia trip as well.

TY

Title: then it will be civil war

favorite OST(s): As a kid I was always a big fan of the C&C OSTs up untill Red Alert 2. Dune 2000 and Emperor: Battle for Dune recently caught my eye.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Even real emotion, it's not terrible.
    real Emotion was my JAM in grade school lmao

I mentioned before but I played FFX-2 first without the context of FFX so I didn't realize how fucking strange the premise of her pop concert was, I just thought it was a cool opening scene

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Username: machomuu
    Title: Godot, cause why not, y'know?

Favorite OSTs: This is a hard question on a few different levels. Whenever it comes down to, say, creating a playlist of video game music, I generally gravitate towards relatively recent pieces- well, pieces that I've taken to recently. I dunno if this comes from the fact that I've just gotten more into music as an idea in the past recent years or what, but in that sense it's easy for me to cite, say, FFXIII, which I don't remember a lot of songs from but will always enjoy pieces like Blinded by Light and Saber's Edge for being the greatest battle themes in the franchise, The Yaschas Massif for being soul soothingly chill, and the Archylte Steppe for being exactly what I'd want from a fantasy overworld BGM even if the overworld itself was ass.

Then we got things like Touhou project, and oh boy. Ohohoho boy. Touhou's the kinda thing where it'd be easier for me to list you the songs I don't like than it would to list the songs I couldn't listen to over and over again, and we're 16+ titles in. ZUN loves his music, I love his music, and I love what that music does to the fandom.

Other than that...oh, Danganronpa was mentioned. Yeah, so weird thing about Danganronpa, I wasn't really a fan of its music until after I beat the first game, and for no...particular reason, I suppose. There are only a handful of tracks that I'd listen to on their own, and I think those grew on me after the fact because of how I felt about the game. In particular, Box 15, Box 16, Ekoroshia, Ikoroshia, New World Order, the main theme, and a few different tracks from Another Episode which...I haven't finished so I haven't gone to look. The shining stars for me, though, are the games' respective ending themes, sung but Makoto Naegi and Nagito Komaeda's voice actress. Ugh, those really hit home that sendoff feel and uncap all those emotions that have built up all the way to that point.

And...I think I'll stop there. Knowing me, I could literally go on about this for hours, so let's just say there are a lot and leave it for another day. I would like to note, though, that I don't necessarily have an affinity for Japanese music, these games just tend to know how to worm their ways into your ear. In terms of Western soundtracks, Bastion, Undertale (somewhat cheating, I suppose), Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and Crypt of the Necrodancer all come to mind, but the general emphasis on atmospheric sound over something more impactful definitely makes a difference in terms of how likely I am to relate a musical piece to an experience vs how likely I am to remember an experience and how I felt with the piece just adding to the general feel. The latter's not necessarily worse but it definitely does raise an eyebrow when I see Soundtrack of the Years at game awards.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Danganronpa's ost was lukewarm to me for...well, pretty much the entirety of the game. When I played Danganronpa 2, however, that changed a lot. The tracks from the first game that were reused in the second game gave off that feel of familiarity that I really enjoyed. Plus Miss Monomi's Practice Lesson is so damn catchy, and this theme really helped me fall in love with her character.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Username: stars
    Title: Radical Dreamer

Fav OSTs: Oh boy. So many. But I'll just pick one game for now.
    Undertale has some of the best motifs I've heard in video games. The composer is simply brilliant, using a few easily recognizable and catchy motifs recurring throughout the soundtrack, such as Heartache appearing again in Asgore's Theme and the area themes Core and Waterfall and Another Medium being variations of each other. Not to mention the fantastic motif that is His Theme, Hopes and Dreams and the titular Undertale. I can't even choose a favorite, because all the music is so heartfelt it's incredible. Honorable mentions to some of the best boss battle themes in history, Finale and Battle against a true hero.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Welcome, my friends!

Just so you guys know: occasionally we'll have VG music play sessions in our PC Dubtrack room, so I hope you'll join us then! Most likely they'll take place in weekends.

Also! If you guys have a suggestion for next week's featured track, please make a suggestion! When the time comes, we can all vote for our top pick, and that will be the featured track for the week.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Username: 正真正銘
    Title: N/A
    Which Video Game OST(s) is/are your favourite?
    In general, I like the music from from the Touhou Project. In particular, Touhou 7.5 Immaterial and Missing Power, Touhou 10 Mountain of Faith, and Touhou 15 Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom. I also like music from Mega Man X, especially Mega Man X4 and Mega Man X5. Some others would be Donkey Kong Country, F-Zero, and various Pokémon games.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
  • Username: Bay Alexison
    Title: Bay (um, yeah original lol)

Which Video Game OST(s) is/are your favorite?
    Going to give some shout outs to ones that haven't been mentioned here yet. Lost Odyssey because Nobuo Uematsu is awesome, Child of Light for the music fitting the game's atmosphere, and Earthbound for some very nice quirky and uplifting beats.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Username: 正真正銘
    Title: N/A
    Which Video Game OST(s) is/are your favourite?
    In general, I like the music from from the Touhou Project. In particular, Touhou 7.5 Immaterial and Missing Power, Touhou 10 Mountain of Faith, and Touhou 15 Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom. I also like music from Mega Man X, especially Mega Man X4 and Mega Man X5. Some others would be Donkey Kong Country, F-Zero, and various Pokémon games.

Username: Bay Alexison
    Title: Bay (um, yeah original lol)

Which Video Game OST(s) is/are your favorite?
    Going to give some shout outs to ones that haven't been mentioned here yet. Lost Odyssey because Nobuo Uematsu is awesome, Child of Light for the music fitting the game's atmosphere, and Earthbound for some very nice quirky and uplifting beats.

Username: Thomas the Shinyhunter
    Title: Thomas

Top 3 Favourite OSTs: Pokemon games, Gusty Garden Galaxy, and Dark World from ALTTP and ALBW. (Although the TF2 soundtrack is also amazing)

Thank you so much for joining guys! Added you all in. ^^

So another discussion question for you all: If you can choose one boss fight theme that represents you, what kind of theme would you pick?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    If you can choose one boss fight theme that represents you, what kind of theme would you pick?

Aaaa this is so tough... I'd want some really long theme so even after fighting me for an hour, you wouldn't get bored :p Or something you could listen to for a long time. like Rivers in the desert

TY

One boss fight theme that represents me...

This.

Ok so why this theme would fit me so much is simple yet not simple.
    It has a final boss-ish tone to it (despite it not being a final boss at all)
    But it is simply cause I have been considered a final boss in mainly RTS games and there were times where people just didn't want to play vs me

Last edited:
    Back