• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ugliest Pokemon lines from each generation

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • Another revived thread, now that gen8 is out.

What are some of the least attractive creatures from each generation? No need to take this seriously, just state your thoughts, and this is for actual mons, not sprites. (Unless you are desperate.)

TheeWizard

Brad
    Years
  • For me personally:

Kanto: Hypno, I really like every gen 1 pokemon but Drowzee and Hypno I'm just not a fan of.
    Johto: Qwilfish, I find its design a little plain and a little ugly.
    Hoenn: Volbeat, I just don't like the design and he doesn't really have anything going for him in my opinion.
    Sinnoh: Purugly, I think the names says it all. But I do like Glameows design.
    Unova: Pignite, I really like how Tepig and Emboar look but Pignite just looks ugly to me.
    Kalos: Quilladin, Again I really love Chespin and Chesnaught but Quilladins nose and his weird tuft of hair put me off his design.
    Alola: Crabominable, I'm really just not a fan of the design I think it's probably the ugliest pokemon in my opinion.
    Galar: Dracovish, That pokemon is so strange.

It's really hard because I actually really like the designs of most pokemon.

Last edited:

milcute

a sweet melody~
    Years
  • Kanto: Drowzee line
    Johto: None! They're all cool
    Hoenn: Nosepass
    Sinnoh: Burmy line
    Unova: Roggenrola line, Sigilyth
    Kalos: Binacle line
    Alola: Yungoos line
    Galar: Blipbug line, Rolycoly line

Years
    • Seen today
    Gen 1: Metapod
    Gen 2: Stantler and the Snubbull line
    Gen 3: Glalie
    Gen 4: Bibarel
    Gen 5: Herdier, Stoutland, Conkeldurr, and the Patrat line
    Gen 6: Binacle
    Gen 7: Popplio and Brionne
    Gen 8: Boltund

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I hate to call any pokemon ugly but there certainly are a few grotesque and aesthetically unappealing pokemon out there.

Gen 1: Drowzee, Hypno, Raticate, & Magmar - These pokemon are quite unappealing. Hypno is plain creepy.
    Gen 2: Qwilfish - Probably my least favourite pokemon. It's just uninteresting and repugnant.
    Gen 3: Gulpin - It's a green sack of poison. Very grotesque.
    Gen 4: Probopass - It has a rather odd design but it certainly isn't the worst.
    Gen 5: Garbodor & Stunfisk - Garbodor's a pile of garbage. There is nothing aesthetically appealing about trash. Stunfisk is just odd.
    Gen 6: Diggersby - Bunnelby is adorable but Diggersby is an absolute monstrosity and not in a good way.
    Gen 7: Bruxish, Guzzlord, & Crambominable - While the first two are quite unattractive, Crambominable is just an abomination. Game Freak really was out to lunch with that one.
    Gen 8: Coalossal, Chewtle, & Eiscue - Poor designs in general.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I think Gen V has some of the ugliest Pokemon lines. Patrat, Timburr, Tympole, Tepig lines along with Sawk and Throh. Also I cannot forgive nor forget the design abomination that is Rhyperior from the IV gen. I've also always thought Loudred and Exploud are very unfortunate designs to come from something as cute as Whismur. (gen III)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • stop saying probopass or i'll cry

Gen 1: Drowzee/Hypno
    Gen 2: Aipom, Stantler's weird face makes it a runner up
    Gen 3: Honestly everything after Torchic is a disaster (in its line, ofc, not like... the whole regional dex after #4)
    Gen 4: STOP SAYING PROBOPASS SHE'S PERFECT the real answer is Ambipom just accept it
    Gen 5: all of the elemental monkeys and also the Timburr line and honestly, I just really wish Druddigon had colours that didn't look like a 5 year old with only 3 crayons left in the pack designed its colour scheme
    Gen 6: Diggersby wtf
    Gen 7: I'm not rly here for Crabominable but I don't hate the design, just the aesthetic. ig I think just about all the legendaries/Ultra Beasts are ugly tho, I don't think I bothered catching a single one.
    Gen 8: Everything is perfect except in this house Yamper's evolution doesn't exist and we pretend very hard that Galarian Meowth is just really fluff and doesn't have a weird skin-looking beard hanging the length of its body.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    Gen 1: Lickitung and jynx? geodude is also ugly
    Gen 2: I find sunflora ugly
    Gen 3: tbh slaking, but salamence is kind of ugly too for his generation
    Gen 4: mothim, lickilicki, rhyperior (but he's growing on me?) magmortar, probopass, heatmor. Sorry I think this generation has the ugliest pokemon overall
    Gen 5: unpopular opinion, but I LOVE emboar, klinklang, garbodor, stunfisk, druddigon and them. I do find simipour, simisear conkeldurr and palpitoad ugly af
    Gen 6: I think the slurpuff line is some of the ugliest pokemon ever
    Gen 7: komala. Not the ugliest pokemon ever but so darn boring and not even cute
    Gen 8: Arctovish, hands down. But Arctozolt is kind of awkward too. Yamper looks ugly and is saved by evolution

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2019
    Gen 1: Mr. Mime. He has always creeped me out.
    Gen 2: Octillery. I don't like Octopuses, so that was a clear choice for me. xD
    Gen 3: Ludicolo.
    Gen 4: Mime Jr.
    Gen 5: Emboar. He's the only Gen 5 Starter I don't like.
    Gen 6: Chespin line. Ew. Enough said.
    Gen 7: Incineroar. They just stopped caring about Starters.
    Gen 8: Rillaboom. Yep, they've stopped.

Back