• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Ash Hat Pikachu Available Worldwide From September 19th

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
  • So this may sound like a totally newb question, but does anybody know which hat contributes to which region? I actually have not paid enough attention across the generations to know which hat is which. I know that Ash's hat is the one with the green triangle on it, but I'm not sure which hat contributes to which region after that.

I'm most interested in the Hat pikachus at the end of this picture with the mostly red hats, but I'm not sure which region their from. Since they are the last two pikachu's in this picture are they from the last two generations, Unova and Kalos?

Ash Hat Pikachu Available Worldwide From September 19th

From left: Original. Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos and Alola.

I really love the Alola one too!
    I had a hard time picking that or the Original cap.
    But I can't wait, and since I grew up watching from the first generation I just take the first one.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I'll wait until the Hat Pikachu with Iron Tail becomes available.

I thought Naughty was its official nature because of another Ash's Pikachu event during the tail end of Gen IV.

It is true that Naughty was the nature of the last Ash Pikachu. I think Hardy may be the nature of the event Pikachu as it is a neutral nature so everyone can build their event Pikachu as they see fit.

Also Ash's Pikachu is Hardy. He has travelled with Ash for 20 years and has won many battles under difficult condictions.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    From left: Original. Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos and Alola.

I really love the Alola one too!
    I had a hard time picking that or the Original cap.
    But I can't wait, and since I grew up watching from the first generation I just take the first one.

Thanks for the clarification! Although Hoenn is my favorite region in the series, I'm thinking of choosing between the last two Kalos and Alola, purely for aesthetics. I just like the appearance of the pure red and white cap. Now i have to choose between those two before their event comes up. Leaning a bit more towards the Kalos Cap, but I'm still not completely decided yet.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Oh man, these being level 1 makes it even more likely I'll transfer one over to Ultra Sun and use it.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I will be picking up the Sinnoh hat for sure because its my favorite hat design, but I still dont think ill be using a pikachu in USUM. Although, Im going to try and trade to trade it up.

Years
  • I think this Pikachu can't be directly traded between games, but can still be transferred through Pokemon Bank so keep that mind if you're trying to restart the save files just to collect different Ash Pikachus.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    I'm assuming you can get all 6 if you have 6 different 3ds's and 6 different copies of sun and moon. I'm going to get Kanto and Kalos.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I'm assuming you can get all 6 if you have 6 different 3ds's and 6 different copies of sun and moon. I'm going to get Kanto and Kalos.

You don't need 6 consoles, that'll be insane.
    You can probably have only 2 games (Or even 1 if you're going to restart 6 times without a main game that holds everything) and move each of them up to the Pokebank (If it can be moved to Pokebank).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • It is true that Naughty was the nature of the last Ash Pikachu. I think Hardy may be the nature of the event Pikachu as it is a neutral nature so everyone can build their event Pikachu as they see fit.

Also Ash's Pikachu is Hardy. He has travelled with Ash for 20 years and has won many battles under difficult condictions.

And here lies the problem, Hardy is not a good nature for a Pikachu.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • And here lies the problem, Hardy is not a good nature for a Pikachu.

I agree that Hardy is not a good nature for Pikachu as it is a neutral nature and ideally Pikachu needs a speed boosting for me.

Perhaps they could have had it so each hat had a nature corresponding to Ash's Pikachu's general nature in the anime. Such as Pikachu was initially not as brave as he is now in the first series.

That may have some hold out for the Pikachu hat with the best competitive nature but many would just get their favourite hat anyway. Like I got the Original Hat even though it is the only Hat Pikachu without Iron Tail.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I agree that Hardy is not a good nature for Pikachu as it is a neutral nature and ideally Pikachu needs a speed boosting for me.

Perhaps they could have had it so each hat had a nature corresponding to Ash's Pikachu's general nature in the anime. Such as Pikachu was initially not as brave as he is now in the first series.

That may have some hold out for the Pikachu hat with the best competitive nature but many would just get their favourite hat anyway. Like I got the Original Hat even though it is the only Hat Pikachu without Iron Tail.

Sam with you, I picked the original cap for nostalgic reason.
    With the nature, it's not even going to be competitive anyway so why not just pick the hat.
    Mine is going to just stay as a trophy in my box anyway hahah.

Years
  • Posting here to remind that Hoenn Cap Pikachu is now available!

Just received mine, and I'm enjoying him already.

Last edited:

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
    Years
  • I already got the original cap Pikachu, but is there proof that putting your Pkmn in Sun in the bank and restarting the game will allow to take the Hoenn Cap as well?

Denrew

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • Planning to collect all of them through repetitive ?bank then game reset? method. Got the Kanto and Hoenn so far.

FlakyGuy

A super flaky person~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I decided to go for this one since I like the design the most. I'm not sure if the others are obtainable via online trade though. If they are then I might as well collect them all that way.

Years
  • I noticed that US copies also have the same ID No. as my own Hoenn Cap Pikachu, so that must mean that March 15th 2003 was the sneak-peek airing while the whole AG series didn't start airing in full in the US until September of that year. Interesting to note, but it does at least confirm the Kalos and Alola Cap's respective numbers will be 011814 and 051217 since they are not going by the sneak-peek airing.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Hey guys, wanted to point out something that I think may be a wrong thinking of some people. I was going through which moves each pikachu had, and according to what I see, Unova and Sinnoh are the same attacks, both knowing Volt Tackle. I know some people may I thought it was Electro Ball like me, but according to what I read, Unova also has Volt Tackle.

I just wanted to point that out to some people who were choosing Sinnoh just because of Volt Tackle.

I'd love to get all of them. I was going to go with SInnoh, but since Unova is my favorite Gen, for the most part, I will probably get Unova Pika. Hopefully I can get all of them in time, because I don't have a second copy of the game and I don't want to reset my Sun version.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey guys, wanted to point out something that I think may be a wrong thinking of some people. I was going through which moves each pikachu had, and according to what I see, Unova and Sinnoh are the same attacks, both knowing Volt Tackle. I know some people may I thought it was Electro Ball like me, but according to what I read, Unova also has Volt Tackle.

I just wanted to point that out to some people who were choosing Sinnoh just because of Volt Tackle.

I'd love to get all of them. I was going to go with SInnoh, but since Unova is my favorite Gen, for the most part, I will probably get Unova Pika. Hopefully I can get all of them in time, because I don't have a second copy of the game and I don't want to reset my Sun version.

As far as I know, the Japanese Unova Cap Pikachu event had Electro Ball, and this event is mostly the same other than the ID numbers corresponding to the first US airdates instead of Japan's. Pikachu learned Electro Ball only 20 episodes into Unova.

Edit: Just saw Bulbapedia and it listed Volt Tackle. But yes, he didn't have that move for long in Unova.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • As far as I know, the Japanese Unova Cap Pikachu event had Electro Ball, and this event is mostly the same other than the ID numbers corresponding to the first US airdates instead of Japan's. Pikachu learned Electro Ball only 20 episodes into Unova.

Edit: Just saw Bulbapedia and it listed Volt Tackle. But yes, he didn't have that move for long in Unova.

Yeah that was the main reason I thought it had Electro Ball. Serebii also lists it with Volt Tackle which is where I got my info from. I know anyone who watched Unova will probably be thinking the same as me, so I figured I'd post it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yeah that was the main reason I thought it had Electro Ball. Serebii also lists it with Volt Tackle which is where I got my info from. I know anyone who watched Unova will probably be thinking the same as me, so I figured I'd post it.

It is weird, because you'd think Unova Cap would have Electro Ball due to Pikachu learning it early in BW and that it outright replaced Volt Tackle, especially if these movesets were meant to be based on the moves Pikachu used most during that series.

He used Electro Ball way more than Volt Tackle since learning the former, to the point VT was completely forgotten. It's weird this event didn't acknowledge that.

Back