• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If the Pokémon series had Achievements…

Years
  • What Achievements can you see existing or would include if you could?

For me:

1) TM Master - Collect all TMs in the game
    2) The Beginning Starts with You - Pick your starter Pokémon
    3) A Strong One - Obtain a Pokémon with all perfect individual values

Years
  • Story based:
    One Down, Seven To Go - Defeat the first gym
    Good Prevails - Defeat the evil team
    The Champion - Defeat the champion

Pokemon Based:
    Metamorphosis - Evolve one of your Pokemon
    Ooh, Shiny - Catch a shiny
    Patient Zero - Catch a Pokemon with Pokerus
    Caught 'Em All - Complete the regional dex
    Caught 'Em All, Part 2 - Complete the national dex

Other:
    Six Magikarp, Really? - Beat the game's stock 6 Magikarp trainer
    Fifty Wins - Earn a win streak of 50 in the game's post-game battle facility
    Fought 'Em All - Beat all trainers in the game, excluding battle facility random opponents

Years
  • Friendly Rivalry - beat your rival for the final time.
    Legendary Times - Catch the games Box Art legendary.
    Type achievements: Register 20 mons of a type in your PokeDex. One per type.
    Full Team: Have a full party of 6 mons.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    - Badge of Honor: Collect [X] badges
    - Collect 'Em All!: Obtain all League Cards
    - Gigantic: Obtain a Gigantimax Pokemon
    - Kaiju Battle: Defeat a Pokemon that is Dynamaxed with your own Dynamaxed Pokemon
    - Omega: Defeat a Pokemon that has Mega Evolved with your own Mega Evolved Pokemon
    - Mining Your Own Business: Excavate 100 items in the Sinnoh Underground

- Leaf it to Leavanny: Know three different moves with "Leaf" in the name on Leavanny
    - Sleeping on the Job: Use Rest or Slack Off three times in one battle.
    - Cultural Differences: Have two different regional variants of the same Pokemon in your party
    - Vivid Designs: Obtain six different variations of Vivillon
    - Pastry Chef: Obtain six different variations of Alcremie
    - Adored by All: Reach maximum happiness on all of the Pokemon in your party.

- Monotype: Beat the Elite Four (or whatever equivalent) with one type shared across your entire team.
    - Trusted Partner: Beat the Elite Four (or whatever equivalent) with only one Pokemon.
    - No. Items. EVER!: Beat the Elite Four (or whatever equivalent) without using items (including held items).
    - Critical Machine: Score three critical hits in one battle.
    - Wide Open: Suffer three critical hits in one battle.
    - Vision Problems: Miss with two 95% accuracy attacks in one battle.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Aspiring Challenger: play your first online match
    Tournament player: participate in a VGC event
    Close Call: win an online match with only one Pokemon remaining
    Making new friends: trade your first Pokemon
    Trading Helper: give away a trade evolution or version exclusive
    Experienced Trader: trade 50 different Pokemon

^it actually makes me sad how in days of the Switch you actually have to pay extra for Nintendo's online services <_<

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    We did for a while - anyone remember medals? - but I guess they weren't well received.

They were mostly "Do X Y number of times" kind of things, regarding steps, saving, capturing Pokémon of a certain type, etc.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • so does like everyone forget the medal rally was a thing or something those were achievements, essentially

there were even medals for doing a monotype challenge in the elite four, like Megan mentioned above.

anyway, rework medals to include story achievements & maybe certain achievements award items like pokeballs.

Last edited:
    Years
  • We did for a while - anyone remember medals? - but I guess they weren't well received.

so does like everyone forget the medal rally was a thing or something those were achievements, essentially

Honestly, I only ever half-remember Medals. I often forgot about them when playing BW2 because I had to actually talk to someone in the PC to get rewarded, rather than a Steam-style notification that you've unlocked an Achievement (which I'd prefer). That and they weren't kept in later games, which is unfortunate since I really think they could've evolved into something super cool!

Another one I thought of..

Top Percentage: Beat the region's Champion with a single Rattata.

we can dream ......

I love this one lol.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Honestly, I only ever half-remember Medals. I often forgot about them when playing BW2 because I had to actually talk to someone in the PC to get rewarded, rather than a Steam-style notification that you've unlocked an Achievement (which I'd prefer). That and they weren't kept in later games, which is unfortunate since I really think they could've evolved into something super cool!

Another one I thought of..

Top Percentage: Beat the region's Champion with a single Rattata.

we can dream ......

I love this one lol.

You had to talk to a man in the Pokemon Center who would only appear if you had cleared an achievement associated with the medal.

Although, yes, it'd be really cool if there were steam style achievements in Pokemon, I agree.

Or maybe similar to how it is in Genshin Impact/other mobile games where there's an achievement menu where you can claim the achievement after receiving a notification about it (and get a Pokeball or potion or something depending on the achievement)?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    so does like everyone forget the medal rally was a thing or something those were achievements, essentially

there were even medals for doing a monotype challenge in the elite four, like Megan mentioned above.

anyway, rework medals to include story achievements & maybe certain achievements award items like pokeballs.
    Never played Black 2/White 2. Thought of ribbons at times, though. Filled a similar role.

Likes the idea of useful rewards alongside them.

I love this one lol.
    Bonus: Happened today (the day after posting the idea) to Totem Lurantis. Whiffed twice with Razor Leaf.

More ideas:
    (Unique Interaction. Clues players in about these being possible.)
    - Get Down Here!: Hit a Pokemon that is using Fly, Bounce, or Sky Drop
    - Earthbreaker: Hit a Pokemon that is using Dig
    - Cease to be Underseas: Hit a Pokemon that is using Dive
    - Imperfect Defense: Directly damage a Pokemon that is using Protect or Detect (without a Dynamax or Z-move)
    - Squish It!: Use Body Slam, Stomp, Dragon Rush, Heat Crash, Heavy Slam, or Flying Press against a minimized Pokemon.
    - Tactical Vest: Successfully use a status move while wearing an Assault Vest.
    - Sleepy Times: Use Dream Eater, Nightmare, or Bad Dreams against a Komala

(Status Luck)
    - Serene Thoughts: Fail to act for three turns in a row due to paralysis, flinching, attraction, and/or confusion.
    - Cold Snap: Get frozen and immediately unthaw during your next turn.

(General luck)
    - Fake Sturdy: Drop from full hitpoints to 1 in a single attack without a Focus Sash, Focus Band, the Sturdy ability, or the move Endure.

(Move/Ability Usage)
    - Berry Hungry: In one match, have one Pokemon eat its own berry AND an opponent's berry.
    - Roller Coaster Ride: Use Topsy-Turvy on a Pokemon with three or more stat boosts active.
    - Revolution: With Oricorio, use two or more dancing moves in the same turn.
    - Hacking: With Zoroark's or Zorua's Illusion ability active, get targeted by a Psychic type attack.
    - A Wild Forecast: With Castform, transform into two or more different forms (besides the base).
    - Critically Acclaimed: Take normal damage from an attack that always critically hits.
    - Dressing in Layers: Use Magic Coat on a Pokemon with the Overcoat ability.
    - Sleepbattling: Defeat a Pokemon with direct damage while asleep.

Last edited:
    Years
  • ngl i completely forgot medals existed until i read through this thread which probably says a lot about their implementation. i think maybe a more intuitive/noticeable/in-your-face way of achievements would probably work better.

Back