• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Seasonal "What Will You Watch?" Thread

Years
  • Hearing really mixed things about OPM season 2 because of the new animation studio. :s Worried tbh, hope it won't be as bad as some people assume. Had no idea it was even airing either, feels like I've heard no one talk about it at all?? Will be watching for sure though!

Also, Attack on Titan and Fruits Basket. ♡

Years
  • Honestly, nothing is really jumping out at me at this time. I'd say AoT but I haven't even gotten to season 2 yet.

Years
    • Seen today
    Hey guys, I'm not really an anime watcher, but I'd like to recommend Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai. I know it's romcom and maybe that's not your style, then fine. I read this series from the beginning and I think it's hilarious and it gets really good as the story goes on. It's not garbage like Nisekoi.

Years
  • Hey guys, I'm not really an anime watcher, but I'd like to recommend Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai. I know it's romcom and maybe that's not your style, then fine. I read this series from the beginning and I think it's hilarious and it gets really good as the story goes on. It's not garbage like Nisekoi.

Trusting you on this one, added it to my PTW.

Years
  • nothing's decided yet since i tend to actually finalize what i will watch for the season after a month has passed. so i'll be deciding on may. but there are some decided ones. i'm guaranteed to watch opm 2 since i just finished it back in november (interestingly, i can't remember the ending though i remember the last villain saitama fought), and my friend watches it too. its fun when i can watch and discuss anime with a friend :)

i'm eyeing fruits basket, too. since i discovered some great romance anime every season (aobuta back in fall, and kaguya this winter), i'll be sure to look out for a good one every season. but idk about that since i'm not really that acquainted with shoujo animes. still eyeing it though for that comedy tag.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • OPM - hopefully without regrets, aot, bungou stray dogs. Nothing else really jumps out at me from skimming. Hopefully will be able to watch the first couple episodes of a majority of the shows and find some gems, otherwise it'll just be a season of backlogging.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I'm gonna be that one person and say Senryu Girl. Seems each episode is only twelve minutes.

Mostly my reason for watching it is because I read the manga. Tbh the manga looks better but I think the anime's adapted it well so far.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I'm watching a lot, as usual.

Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine: It's got this huge love live vibe to it, even though I hear the game is very different.
    Shoumetsu Toshi: I have nothing in particular to say about this one, other than I find it not that great.
    Mayonaka no Occult Koumuin: Literally for the redhead only. That's the only reason why.
    Fairy Gone: I don't like this one, by the way. I got tricked by "Fairy" being in the title, honestly, and thought it'd be something w/magic in it. But nope. Just another series abt war. Oh well.
    King of Prism Shiny Seven Stars: it should be obvious why I'm watching this one, it's an idol anime. I watch p much all of those when they air.
    Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO: An anime adaption of some old ass game that's older than me. But, I'm not impressed by it, sadly.
    One Punch Man S2: literally no comment tbh, it's one punch man, i'll always enjoy it despite the anime changing studios.
    Strike Witches: 501 Butai Hasshin Shimasu!: idk if anyone here is a strike witches fan, but pass on this one, it's not worth your time.
    Carole & Tuesday: so far the best new, original anime of spring 2019 you can't change my mind
    Bakumatsu Crisis: no comment. I'm just watching it for the guy in the glasses.
    Bungo Stray Dogs Season 3: i admit I don't remember season two well, so I'm kinda lost when I'm watching this season, but I love bsd, so that's okay.
    Fruits Basket reboot: Well... honestly, please watch this. Fruits Basket finally got the reboot it DESERVED, and I'm reveling in it to the point of having made a completely separate Twitter account to scream about the series when a new episode airs. Sure, some events were switched around, and they cut out tiny things, but I know the mangaka is supervising this anime version, so this must be the version she wants. Anyway, watch this anime, even if you hate shoujo, please give this series a go, you won't regret it.
    Kimetsu no Yaiba: I'm not a huge fan of this series, or the manga, but the manga is getting better for me, so I picked up the anime anyway. The OP and ED are good, but tbh, I'm waiting for something more interesting to happen for me to care about this one.
    We Never Learn: (yeah, I'm just gonna call it that). I'm thoroughly enjoying this particular harem anime, it's really good and makes me regret ignoring the Quintessential Quintuplets last season.

Stuff from last season

Jojo Golden Wind, which needs no explanation.
    The Rising Shield Hero which i'm only watching to get it out of the way, since I started it before I heard abt the controversy...
    Black Clover, which I'm going to continue until it ends...whenever that may be
    & I still keep up with Yu Gi Oh Vrains

I'm also starting SNK S3 Part 2 when it drops on Toonami.

Years
    • Age 24
    • U.S.
    • Seen Sep 15, 2023
    Mainly watching the Fruits Basket reboot this season. It's a really beautiful show and I'm absolutely enjoying it.

Oh yeah, and while I'm here, I should also probably mention that I'm continuing Shield Hero from last season. I've heard about the controversial things about it, and I'm really just watching it to finish it up.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Furuba's a must and Carole and Tuesday which is a pretty good show btw you guys should probably watch Carole and Tuesday 'cause there's a guy going around saying it's a pretty good show so watch Carole and Tuesday?

???

???????????????????????????????

THEY SING ABOUT LAUNDRY ALRIGHT

Years
  • Furuba's a must and Carole and Tuesday which is a pretty good show btw you guys should probably watch Carole and Tuesday 'cause there's a guy going around saying it's a pretty good show so watch Carole and Tuesday?

???

???????????????????????????????

THEY SING ABOUT LAUNDRY ALRIGHT

smh so weird

actually this probably bumps it up the watch list some for me if i can find it streaming somewhere easily

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    Carole & Tuesday, thanks to that machomuu loser mostly. But I've been absolutely loving it. I haven't really felt much anime moods lately or shows that would catch my interest (if the medium at all), but this one's been making me want to see more and more of it. Love how wholesome it is.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Kenja no Mago and Senryuu Shoujo stood out to me the most! I'm still currently watching Clannad: Afterstory but at least I have a few options of what to watch afterwards!

Last edited:
    Back