• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The hypothetical 6th gen Emerald remake

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    If there is an Emerald remake (which I'm 99.99% positive will never happen) it should be called Elemental Emerald. The main character would be the Avatar; and he would need to catch each type of Pokemon to hone his skills and learn the ways of the elements. Instead of riding Oppa the flying Bison he would need to catch the legendary form of Rayquaza and ride that around for transportation instead. Instead of having his lemur Momo, he would have the starter of Aipom instead the three nubs you normally start out with. He would defeat each gym and the Elite 4; each would be a master teaching him a lesson and helping him hone his skills. Finally, the final test would be the fire tribe team Magma; along with the help of Team Aqua the avatar would defeat them and save the land of Hoenn. By his side he would have his little bro Wally giving him Redbull as he got tired, hell Red Bull would be the replacements of potions and super potions would be replaced with Halo 3 Game Fuel Mountain Dew. He would earn an emerald for his victory, and then eat the emerald because of would be made out of tasty hard candy.

For real though, if there was a Pokemon Emerald then it should follow the other greek letters, and be called Eta Emerald (Epsilon Emerald doesn't sound good imo). I would like to see all of the cool features Emerald had, such as the ability to be able to catch Rayquaza, and especially the battle Frontier's return! It would be cool to of course have the Mega Evolutions, and I think the rematches of gym leaders and E4 (but at higher levels) would be cool as well. An expansive battle tower type deal would be col as well.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2021
    Actually what I predict to be the 3rd game for both XY and ORAS is Pokemon Z and Pokemon Delta Emerald which will both be released together and have new Pokemon.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I would love an Emerald remake, it would work so well with ORAS and it would be a first to remake a third game!

What do you think it should be called?

I think the obvious choice would be Delta Emerald.

What are some of your favorite features from Emerald that you'd like to see return in this remake?

Match Call. I know it was sort of present in ORAS, but in the originals the Match Call feature introduced in Emerald was like a much better version of it. It also included rematches with the Gym Leaders.

Are there any improvements/additions that you'd like to see it make over the original Emerald?

Not really, I think Emerald vastly improved on Ruby and Sapphire.

Are there any improvements/additions would you like to see it make over Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

Gym Rematches, Battle Frontier and possibly a few more mons in the Regional Dex.

How likely do you think such a remake would be to actually be released for 6th gen?

Unlikely. I think they're going to take the direction of the whole Zygarde formes, going back in Kalos and follow from the X & Y storyline.

What do you think it should be called?
    Delta Emerald is a no-brainer, especially considering Mega Rayquaza's shape.

What are some of your favorite features from Emerald that you'd like to see return in this remake?
    • Just like Blue said, match calls.
    • All of the changes made to the overworld, the Gyms and the trainers.
    • I also liked how in Emerald, two trainers could spot you at once, I don't think I've seen it in Gen 6 yet, so bringing that back could be cool.
    • And also, they could bring back the Altering Cave and make it work with Street Pass or something.

Are there any improvements/additions that you'd like to see it make over the original Emerald?
    Not bringing back the stupid trading restrictions (can't trade Eggs or non-Hoenn Pokémon without the National Dex) would already be a tremendous improvement over the original Emerald.
    The biggest change of all would be the story, elements from the Delta episode should be incorporated into the main story. I've thought about it a while ago, it's not much, but here goes:
    • Zinnia makes her first proper appearance way before the Delta Episode (not simply in the first cutscene) . The player spots her at various times both as a Team Magma member and a Team Aqua member, after which she always covers her face and runs away, or pretends to be twins.
    • Instead of just finding Wallace alone in the Cave of Origin, the player witnesses him and Zinnia conversing, with Wallace fuming and screaming at Zinnia for putting Team Magma and Team Aqua against each other and causing the awakening of both Groudon and Kyogre and the ensuing cataclysm. Zinnia replies that she wanted to use both teams to summon Rayquaza in time to thwart an impending danger (the meteoroid) , but the Teams found their respective Pokémon faster than she expected; and asks to wait until the meteoroid appears in the sky before doing anything. Wallace objects to that, saying that if they followed her plan, by the time the meteoroid appeared and Rayquaza could be summoned, there would be no world left to save. He then orders Zinnia to summon Rayquaza ahead of time to stop Groudon and Kyogre, and asks the player to follow her to the Sky Pillar.

Are there any improvements/additions would you like to see it make over Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?
    • Bring a degree of character customization. I know they want to keep highly customizable characters as a Kalos-exclusive feature, but it would be nice if you could at least change the color of your clothes.
    • At least attempt to explain how Groudon can make the Sun shine at night (at least, the French translators were smart about this: the characters referred to the source of the heat as a "big fireball", implying it wasn't the real Sun that was causing the drought, but something Groudon actually created) .
    • I think it goes without saying that the Delta Episode should be rewritten and (maybe) renamed. I think that, in the story, if Rayquaza was summoned and left during the main story, another component could be necessary to re-summon it once the meteoroid actually appears... maybe another legendary Pokémon could have the power to make Rayquaza reappear, maybe it's the one that grants wishes... basically, what I'm saying is: bring Jirachi in the Delta Episode as well and make him non-event exclusive.

How likely do you think such a remake would be to actually be released for 6th gen?
    Considering Game Freak's track record when it comes to remakes, highly unlikely.

@Blue and @SaniOKh pretty much covered my answers; I like the enhanced plot interaction between Zinnia and Wallace. {XD} I don't think such a remake is too likely, and I feel that all of the proposed features should have been in Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire, but one can never tell these days..

Aside from the return of Pokemon Emerald-exclusive locations (Hoenn Battle Frontier, Trainer Hill, Altering Cave), one change that I would like is for Pokemon Contests to be consolidated in Lilycove City. The "Battle Tent" locations throughout Verdanturf Town, Slateport City, and Fallarbor Town should all be used for clothing stores/boutiques/places.

As for the Battle Tent building itself (which was nicely designed, in my opinion), maybe shift it to the Battle Frontier and provide a new method of battling...? Alternatively, make some room for the Battle Tent...somewhere in Hoenn..and allow it to act as a re-skinned Battle Chateau for Hoenn, to at least let the "Battle Tent" have some uniqueness (compared to other buildings in Hoenn) other than being a "poor man's Battle Frontier facility" that eventually goes un(-der)used.. Then, Brendan/May, Wally, Gym Leaders, Elite Four members, Steven Stone, Wallace, Lisia, Aarune, and Zinnia can all visit the Battle Chateau.

-BRING BACK EVERYTHING IN THE HOENN BATTLE FRONTIER AND POKEMON TRAINER CUSTOMIZATION, of course..
    -develop Mega Flygon! (and maybe Mega Milotic..?)
    -Rusturf Tunnel should be modified in that after the "rocks in the tunnel" are cleared out, both Whismur and Loudred should be available within the cave.
    -Desert Underpass should be altered so that it is a place that consists solely of 31-IV Impostor Ditto (like how Artisans' Cave contains only Smeargle), so that Ditto gains a bit more feasible use, both battling-wise and breeding-wise (this would also help majorly with players not having to rely on hacked 31-IV Ditto from external sources).
    -give the Sky Pillar some sort of puzzle if we can't have the "cracking-tiles puzzle" anymore
    -bring the PokeBlock minigame back
    -retain people such as Pokemon Emerald's Blend Master, as well as all of the Pokemon Emerald-exclusive television shows
    -let all of Cave of Origin be accessed, because that place is cool, yo! The cave has "slept" enough.. XD
    -let Mirage Tower remain as a permanently-revisitable location, but let the building keep its "disappearing and reappearing" properties (to live up to its name).
    -let the Pokemon in Sky Pillar "level up" when it is re-visited during the post-game
    -recolor the Hoenn Champion's chamber to whoever the Champion is at the time (either lavender for Steven or cyan for Wallace - they can alternate positions every run!).. The drab yellow-brown cement in ORAS looked a bit plain for me..
    -bring back the Ruby/Sapphire version of Mirage Island so that newbie Pokemon Trainers can have fun adventuring and despair as they pursuit that which they most likely won't see, echoing the frustration of Generation 3 Trainers of years past..
    -Let the Trick Master have both the Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald puzzle variants, if that is possible..
    -bring back Berry Tags..?
    -basically bring back all of the removed/forgotten features from past games (and things that were unreasonably removed from Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire)
    -let Groudon sleep in Mount Chimney and let Kyogre sleep in Seafloor Cavern after the "weather trio crisis"
    -let Lugia and Ho-Oh have their "hyperspace hole" portals appear at Navel Rock
    -let some type of tropical-variety Mulch be usable in Hoenn if we can't use normal Kalos or Sinnoh mulch.. >_> Import Berry-planting mechanics from Pokemon X and Y
    -
    more integration of Sky Battles
    -let the "Pokemon Caught!" fanfare be the song that was in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire rather than the one from Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen (sorry - FRLG music is great, but that song just seemed unfitting and screwed with my Ruby/Sapphire "audio muscle memory" {XD})
    -
    the composer/"sound design" person of Game Freak in the Cove Lily Motel should be modified to let the player listen to all the songs in the game (maybe during the post-game, or at least after each available song has been "activated/played" once)!
    -let Apricorn Poke Balls be buyable somewhere, for goodness' sakes!
    -make the Generation 3 Pokemon Contest Ribbons (the ones where each Contest Rank had its own Ribbon variant for each Contest Category) obtainable in tandem with the Generation 6 Pokemon Contest Ribbon variants, so that Pokemon that were caught between Generations 4 to 6 can still obtain the Generation 3 Ribbon incarnations (similar to how post-Generation 4 Pokemon can, in Generation 6, obtain the Generation 4 incarnation (the only incarnation) of the "Footprint Ribbon").

Last edited:

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
  • Delta emerald

I think Nintendo should make pokémon delta emerald, as they've already made omega ruby and alpha sapphire.
    Do you think so?

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2017
    I think Nintendo should make pokémon delta emerald, as they've already made omega ruby and alpha sapphire.
    Do you think so?

This would sort of conflict with the precedent set by the first two remakes, where they've only made the paired versions. I also don't really see the need for a third version, I'd much rather spend my money on a completely new game but I would buy it if it were to hit.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Pokemon Gamma Emerald with

Birth Island mew event( which i can SR for a shiny in)
    Make it less a remake and more of an improvement like let us catch them all in one game

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
    Years
  • I don't think they will remakes Emerald. They didn't remake Crystal when Silver/Gold were made into DS remakes with added features.
    For now it has been to long for the remake to be released. The "theme" has moved on from ORAS for now, it seems they are focusing on either a new gen or a new spin-off

Back