• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Original or Alolan?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Given you can transfer Alolan forms from GO into LGPE, and reportedly in-game trainers will trade you Alolan forms too, would you want to use the Alolan form in your team? Or do you plan to stick to the original version? Or maybe even mix and match?

It occurs to me we didn't really get this option in SM/USUM outside of trading/Bank, so it's a more accessible choice here... potentially.

Years
  • I'll probably stick to original forms for the most part, since Alolan seems a bit out of place for a Kanto game. Definitely tempting to use Alolan Ninetales so I might consider that but in likelihood won't end up using it haha.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Alolan forms are the reason why Sandshrew and Vulpix are exclusive to a version since their evolution is based on an Ice Stone. I'd definitely use Alolan variants because they fill in gaping holes in the Type Chart, notably with Dark Types. Meaning Alolan Rattata, Meowth and Grimer are almost a given to anyone's team thanks to their immunity to Sabrina's Pokemon. If you go Alolan Rattata, then that covers Agatha too. In fact, in either version, my teams have at least two Alolan variants(Sandshrew and Rattata in Pikachu version, Vulpix and Grimer in Eevee version).

Also, speaking of Sandshrew and Vulpix, I plan to have both Kanto and Alolan variants on my teams.

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Yeah, I'd probably stick to original forms; though Alolan Marowak would seem kinda cool to use! But I'd probably end up using Nintetales or Arcanine, sooo yeah. Though Alolan Ninetales seems like a nice option as well... if I won't use Lapras for whatever reason.

Years
  • i would stay with the original forms since this is kanto after all. quite interested on using alolan tho for a new spin on kanto again

Alyssandra

in Wonderland
    Years
  • Might do an Alolan run.

Ninetails, Exeggutor, Raichu, Marowak, Sandslash, and Golem.

Although, I would treat LGE first as a "pretend it is 1997 or w/e" game first and foremost. I want to relive that nostalgia.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2018
    Oh Original, Kommo but other then him I really upset with what they did to the kanto pokemon. z moves are slow. don't like what they did raichu looks like a toy figure made out of Chinese plastic

Last edited:
    Years
  • Might be a bit off-putting to go with Alolan forms in a game that's specifically made to mirror the original Yellow as closely as possible.

May have to just go with the originals, here.

Back