• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Either I like torturing myself with Internet Explorer Mobile 9 or it's really good after all these years on desktop sites. Your mileage may vary.
    Then again, it IS a desktop browser in mobile form...

Years
  • I had to browse for the last year with the 3DS so I know those feels....
    Oh wow! I don't think I would be able to browse like that at all O_o but I'd probably just get used to it quickly at the same time :/

I assume now you have a computer or a phone/tablet to post with now though.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    So I bought my dad and my father-in-law each a 500 gb external hdd for Christmas. Loading both up with every episode and movie of Star Trek! <3

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • So I bought my dad and my father-in-law each a 500 gb external hdd for Christmas. Loading both up with every episode and movie of Star Trek! <3
    Star Trek <3 Voyager is my favorite :D I really need to get a big external hard drive and load it up with a bunch of shows and movies I like. I only have an old 120GB portable drive I bought years ago.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I don't even know what to fill with 2 TB of hard drive space. :| Maybe if I pick up my photography hobby again I could use it to fill it up with pictures.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Oh wow! I don't think I would be able to browse like that at all O_o but I'd probably just get used to it quickly at the same time :/

I assume now you have a computer or a phone/tablet to post with now though.
    Yep, that's why I'm back. It was getting frustrating posting on 3 other forums I frequent, adding PC to the list would have been mental.

Flakey Bear

Just watch it.
    Years
  • I don't even know what to fill with 2 TB of hard drive space. :| Maybe if I pick up my photography hobby again I could use it to fill it up with pictures.

2TB is a lot of storage to save all your games, music, videos, programs and stuff. However, you shouldn't fill it up with too many archives which makes your system slow.

Overall, it's a great choice for a hard drive space, and i'll recommend you to go fill it with games and stuff you need.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    You know how Seagate manufactures hybrid disk drives?

I don't regret getting the Laptop SSHD. Mmm, awesome boot times AND a capacity upgrade? Makes me wonder about the practicality of going with a single-storage-type or separate caching solutions - they now sound useless to me.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I don't even know what to fill with 2 TB of hard drive space. :| Maybe if I pick up my photography hobby again I could use it to fill it up with pictures.

Um, easily. Torrent a LOT... lmao. That's what I do xD

Years
  • Seriously, what do you people do with all this hard drive space? :P

Of course, I don't torrent. So no need for me to max my hard drive.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Downloading tons of anime. One 2 hour 1080p movie is easily 10 gb.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • It's amazing to see that storage space is evolving so much as we progress through this current era of technology. Sooner or later, terabytes won't be enough to store your things anymore. xD

& tooooorenting. I haven't even torrented in a while. I tend to download cleanly, unlike Mac there :P

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    My Steam and Origin games libraries take a lot of space. Hard to go with an SSD when a game easily comes in the size of a dual-layer DVD or more.

It's followed by over 30 GB of photos from my Chespinator... er, my Sony Alpha NEX-5R. High-quality photos come at a price... storage.

Years
  • The only thing that I would fill up my external hard drive(s) with is probably loads of backups from my machines and nothing more. I don't have enough of an interest in torrenting things where I would constantly do it.

Last edited:

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
    Years
  • My Backup Server has 500 GB right now, I just save a lot of Projects, files from Computers, and what not.
    The best thing is, I can access it anywhere, anytime, and all I need, is a Username and Password (if going via Web Interface), or I can install a Sync Client (which takes space on my local HDD/SSD too).

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2020
    So today I decided to take my Nexus 7 and sideload 4.4.1 onto it, and so far things seem okay!

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I'll say something about HDDs.

I hate not being able to make my own folder structure for my stuff. I despise the way Windows organizes your user folderfor you, and its impossible to change it. That's why I leave everything but my Program Files and my Application Data untouched (unless I forget to modify my downloads directory in FF).

My old (now broken) 320GB MyBook HDD was nicknamed "Bookie", so I set it to always boot to drive letter B:. It made me feel like it had priority over the system partition :P Speaking of Bookie, I'm supposed to be getting a replacement for it this Christmas. It's gonna be a 1.5 TB Western Digital® MyBook™ HDD. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back