• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♫ Telepathic Melodies ♫ - Psychic Pokemon Club

Would you like to see competitions implemented into the club?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2018
    I pretty much just tried to see aura other little tricks I could find people teaching on Youtube. And I don't really mind Gardevoir being male too much since Gallade came the gen after.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • That settles it, Arylett will take over as the leader. I'll update the list and make the official swap later on tonight.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • That settles it, Arylett will take over as the leader. I'll update the list and make the official swap later on tonight.

Ok welcome Arylett!
    Gardevoir eventhough it looks female can be male and of coarse they didnt know Gallade was coming they may change that of coarse but if they dont it would make sense for Gallade to be female as well :)

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    It wasn't exact the picture I had in mind with Mega Unown. I hadn't even thought of combining them with Alpha and Omega. As you said, the chance Unown will get a Mega isn't very high. But still, great art!
    Thanks!

And whoo, I'm happy to be the leader of this club! I hope I can keep it entertaining and active for you guys. I'll come up with some topics once it's super officialike.

Maybe I'll even draw us an official picture banner thing later. That'd be cool, yeah?

As for Male Gardevoir, it isn't too bothersome for me either now that Gallade exists. But it kind of us due to the inconsistency as Dedenne has said. I mean, Gallade can only be male, but Gardevoir can be male and female? It doesn't make sense. I kind of hope they make it either so that male Gardevoir doesn't exist (which seems to make the most sense because both are obviously feminine and masculine) or that female Gallade can be a thing as well. But they'll probably keep it the same for the sake of consistency.

Thank you to all that welcomed me! :D I'm glad to be a part of the best club ;)
    No problem! We're happy to have another fellow Psychic in our ranks.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It'd indeed make sense for them to remove the male gender off Gardevoir, I agree! Either this, or perhaps they could add female gender to Gallade, just like how its counterpart has both, so things could be more balanced and whatnot.

Speaking of Gallade, I'm hoping to see a mega-evolution form for this Pokémon at some point in future (it doesn't have one as of yet, does it?). When it comes to appearance, perhaps they might be able to have its blades become more long and sharp-looking, and have its arms turn slightly more bulky. Maybe they could also reshape its head slightly? Though, I definitely wouldn't wish to see its color-scheme change; that'd be sort of out-of-place, if you ask me.

In terms of stats and such, I believe it would be great if it were to gain boosts in Speed and Attack, since that's what it tends to utilize most. Slight defensive raise would be nice, too, as it would help this Pokémon withstand a couple of more hits than normal.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Speaking of Gallade, I'm hoping to see a mega-evolution form for this Pokémon at some point in future (it doesn't have one as of yet, does it?). When it comes to appearance, perhaps they might be able to have its blades become more long and sharp-looking, and have its arms turn slightly more bulky. Maybe they could also reshape its head slightly? Though, I definitely wouldn't wish to see its color-scheme change; that'd be sort of out-of-place, if you ask me.

Gallade got a mega in ORAS

Years
  • There are a few Psychic-types I could see getting a Mega Evolution, albeit not many. Reuniclus being one, maybe Sigilyph or Exeggutor, Claydol, or (god help me) Mr. Mime. I honestly want Sigilyph to get a Mega, because it has nice stats all-around and a good variety of moves but feel it could be put to better use than it has. Claydol for the same reason.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Arylett is officially the new club leader, and the member list is fully updated!

Also nice choice of Delphox, Arylett. It's a really good Pokémon and was my favorite starter Pokémon since Hoenn.
    Whoo! I went ahead and changed the first post up a bit... I'm kind of a CSS buff. And I made some pretty buttons for all the achievements. :3

And I updated the current topic to the Mega stuff we're talking about right now.

There are a few Psychic-types I could see getting a Mega Evolution, albeit not many. Reuniclus being one, maybe Sigilyph or Exeggutor, Claydol, or (god help me) Mr. Mime. I honestly want Sigilyph to get a Mega, because it has nice stats all-around and a good variety of moves but feel it could be put to better use than it has. Claydol for the same reason.

Sigilyph as a Mega would be really nice... oooh. I'm just thinking of all of the design possibilities, and it would help bring attention to this kind of neglected Pokemon. Exeggutor is an older Pokemon that's kind of been left behind by the dust though, so I think out of all the ones you've listed, I'd prefer that one get a Mega. I'm not exactly sure what they could do with the design... the basis of Exeggutor is somewhat of a mystery to me. But I wouldn't like if they just went the lazy route and decided to glue on more heads.

And hey, Mr. Mime with a Mega could give them more opportunity to get that creepy design sorted out! Maybe he could have some kind of badass cape? It's likely though it'd just get... creepier. O_O

As for Claydol, I do think they should've done that one for ORAS. But I think it's also one of the ones that would get creepier upon Mega Evolving. Maybe it'd become a Steel/Psychic type though? Representing an update of a primitive statue to a more sleek futuristic design? Perhaps gaining some robotic elements.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    It does seem unfair to give Gardevoir the option of two genders while its counterpart only gets one. If the former can be masculine why can't Gallade be feminine? :(

To add to the Mr. Mime discussion, why is it even possible to obtain a female one? It's not even an extreme rarity - the odds between the genders are exactly the same. To solve this they could probably just make a Ms Mime but I think I'm fine with her terrifying husband already. :D

I really don't know if they could make a mega Mr Mime without sucking out a couple of souls though. The thought of a mega doesn't seem to make it any less intimidating, only scarier. Unless this is one of Gamefreak's intentions while creating megas, in which case they can go right ahead.

As for the other ones suggested, I think the only other way to make Exeggutor as a mega is to just add heads or recolour. Maybe extending the leaves could work but not much can really be done to a walking egg tree.

Robotic Claydol's cool but I was thinking it'd stay ancient looking rather than suddenly taking on a modern / futuristic appearance. It's a nice idea though. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Gallade got a mega in ORAS

Whoops, my mistake; kind of forgot about that, haha. Though, I believe it would be pretty cool if it were to gain another, in some way.

I'd love to see a Sigilyph mega-evolution at some point! If they could consider an actual evolution, though, first and foremost, I feel that would be even better. If not, a mega will likely do the trick for us. This would certainly help escalate its overall awareness and whatnot, which it does deserve!

In terms of appearance, perhaps it could be gaining more bulk onto its body. To keep up with that stats-wise, maybe they could have its Defense and Special Defense raised? This Pokémon plays as a wall for most part when it comes to competitiveness, and these boosts would likely make things slightly more easy for it.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • It would indeed be more logical if Gallade could be female too when adding the Pokémon in Gen IV. I guess it's not likely it will be changed, since that makes nonexistent Pokémon have existed in earlier generations.

As for Mr. Mime, that Pokémon was created before genders were even a thing. Still, when introducing genders in the next generation, Pokémon like Tauros did get only one gender. But, Tauros is a bull making it impossible to be female. Mr. Mime is a miming Pokémon, this doesn't exclude the opposite gender. Only the name suggests its gender possibilities. So I looked up Mr. Mime's Japanese name, which translates to Barrierd. This indeed doesn't exclude females. So when genders were introduced Mr. Mime was given both genders, while the contradicting English name was already created one generation earlier. And it's impossible to change a Pokémon's name a whole generation later, isn't it?

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Username: Veevee
    Partner Pokemon: Victini
    Why You Want to Join the Club: Well, I just returned to the forums, and I felt like I should join a club. This club here is perfect, a world where Veevee doesn't like Psychic types is a very sad world. I can't think of much more to day, I just hope you let me in.
    Thoughts on Current Topic: Well, a lot of the Psychic types I see fit to have a Mega have one. But maybe Mega Meloetta? That would be interesting. Mega Espeon could also work out... But then they would have to give all the other Eeveeloutions Mega Evolutions. (Yay!)

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Username: Veevee
    Partner Pokemon: Victini
    Why You Want to Join the Club: Well, I just returned to the forums, and I felt like I should join a club. This club here is perfect, a world where Veevee doesn't like Psychic types is a very sad world. I can't think of much more to day, I just hope you let me in.
    Thoughts on Current Topic: Well, a lot of the Psychic types I see fit to have a Mega have one. But maybe Mega Meloetta? That would be interesting. Mega Espeon could also work out... But then they would have to give all the other Eeveeloutions Mega Evolutions. (Yay!)
    You have been added to the list! Welcome, welcome.

Also, I have recently returned to the forums myself, and that's why I joined this here club. And decided to become its new owner. :3 So no worries there.

Mega Meloetta would be interesting, but I'm not sure how it would work with the two formes it has already. Would each form have its own mega? Or maybe they could have a mega that combines traits of both and has some elegant form of dance?

And Mega Eeveelutions... hmm. I don't know how they'd make those work out. The design of them is already pretty simplistic, and I feel adding more details to something so classic (like Espeon) would kind of ruin it. But maybe they could still keep them simpleish and give them a Mega design more skin to Mega Pidgeot or Mega Beedrill. Something that adds more detail without necessarily ruining the simplicity of it. I'm certainly curious to see how they'd do it.

Robotic Claydol's cool but I was thinking it'd stay ancient looking rather than suddenly taking on a modern / futuristic appearance. It's a nice idea though. :)
    An ancient design could work too. It was just a kind of thought. I can imagine something very mystical-looking as well, perhaps with glowing lines around its body, that would make it look more like some kind of ancient magical icon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    I imagine Claydol mega evo keeping its ancient looks, maybe like arlyett said having glowing lines or something like that. Also, I can't stop thinking about its resemblance to Shakkoumon, a digimon.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    All righty! I think it's about time for us to move onto the next topic:

Current Topic: If you could be any Psychic-type Pokemon, which would you be? Why?

____________________​

Now, I would totally be a Delphox. I think that one is most fitting of me, due to the fact that it is a canine-type Pokemon that is reddish, very magical and witchy. Its robes look like something I would totally wear. And like many Psychic-types, it is humanoid, so I wouldn't have to adjust too much to a completely odd body structure. It also has this appearance that is cute and awesome, but at the same time, commands respect. Also like many Psychic-types, it looks very intelligent. I think that appearance suits me better than my current one for my personality. At the very least, it would certainly make me feel more confident.

You know what? Just being a Psychic-type in general would be cool because of how much respect they get and because your mind would be open to so many new things... I'm just imagining being able to think with several times more power than I can right now, and it makes me giddy. I often wish my mind could do more than its limited state enables itself to. That it could transcend into a different state.

And I love the whole idea of seeing into the future and being an oracle-type of creature. It would be cool to stare into a flame without burning your eyes out and see some mystical vision. Having others appreciate and respect you as a seer would be amazing. Your visions could give people all sorts of advice... though it would also be a big burden and responsibility. But I think I could handle it. I've always wanted to have some grand purpose and role.

Oh, oh, oh! Then there's the stick. I think that it also looks like it could be an artist, waving its stick in the air to produce magical fire drawings. If I were a Delphox, it would be great to express my artistic side through such a cool way.

I might also go for Gardevoir (because I think if I were a Pokemon, my secondary type would be Fairy), for many of the above reasons. It has this more angelic feel to it, and I can dig that because I do feel more spiritually attuned than others. But its color scheme doesn't fit me at all. Green and white? Well, it would feel cool to Mega Evolve, at least.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If I were to turn myself into any psychic-type Pokémon, one option would probably have to be Espeon.

First and foremost is that a lot of people find this particular Pokémon to be rather adorable, and so do I; with its looks, I don't believe I wouldn't have much trouble making human friends and acquaintances (or finding myself a decent trainer). In terms of battling and whatnot, most Espeon seem to have Magic Bounce ability, and I would likely be carrying it as well; with this, things would be slightly more easy, as I could throw back any non-damaging moves opponents throw at me without much hassle.

My move-set would be consisting of Reflect, Light Screen, Morning Sun (or is it Moonlight?), and Psycho Shock. With former two, I would be raising defenses for entirety of my team, helping them to endure a couple of extra hits, Morning Sun would give me chance to recover health any time I'm low on it, and with Psycho Shock, I'd be able to cause some damage to the opponent.

Espurr_Kawaii

Pokemon Trainer Coordinator
    Years
  • hey ladies/gentlemens XD ! sorry for a few days/weeks not visited our club :/ ..anyway welcome to the newbies :)

Current Topic: If you could be any Psychic-type Pokemon, which wouldyou be? Why?

Beside of espurr, i like other psychic pokemon too ! But i would be its mew why ? Mew is one strongest in psychic beside its legendary ryt ? but its also cute haha XD ..i know all have different characteristic, but mew is one of me ^_^ Lol :3

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • If you could be any Psychic-type Pokemon, which would you be? Why?

I'd agree with Delphox since Fire is my favorite type of Pokémon, plus Delphox is all around just awesome. I would like to be a Gallade, though, just because of it's strength, speed, and design, it's a pretty great Pokémon and I'm glad to have used one in Omega Ruby as it was one of my strongest members.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back